Run with the China Hash House Harriers!

The China Hash House Harriers is a “drinking club with a running problem”!

Based in Taipei, this multicultural club is open to men and women (preferable young and attractive for the women, to be honest :laughing: ) of all ages, who like to have a good time on Sunday afternoons, running through lovely forests, farms and streams with many friends, followed off by a good bit of beer drinking, laughter and bullshit.

What makes someone a good candidate for the CH3?

• Enjoys getting to know new people of many backgrounds in a spirit of friendship
• Enjoys burning off 1000 calories on a run and then drinking them back in suds
• Is not easily offended by rude words, or sexist / racist / ageist / classist / homophobic terminology
• Has an ego that can recover from bruising
• Shows no fear in the face of a hangover
• Would like to get to know some beautiful little bits of backcountry in the Taipei area, on trails prepared by experienced guides
• Able to crawl, hobble, walk, or run for an hour or two over under and through various types of soil, mud, rock and brush

For more information, check out our website:
http://www.chinahash.org

For background information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers

Contact me by PM if you would like to come out for a run!

Come to this week’s China Hash House Harriers (CH3) BIKINI BEACH RUN at Qianshuiwan beach in Sanzhi township!

Sunday August 1st, starting at 2:30 PM. Babes! Boobs! Bikinis on the beach! Fit dudes that resemble the cast of “Spartacus: Blood and Sand”! Sore feet! New friends!

An epic run with SHITLOADS OF ICE COLD BEER!!!

This week, yours truly will be the run-leader, or “hare”, along with two alluring minxes. The run is within 20-30 minutes of Danshui MRT, and costs 200 NTD for participation, which includes beer but not transpo.

I invite my fellow Forumosans to check out this great, fun and somewhat wild club.

PM me if you need info on how to get to the run.

Hope you can make it.

How far is the run, Big J? And I don’t want to see any boobs from you, even if they are covered in silky fur.

Between 6-9km, and it’s generally non-competitive, so you can walk it if you want.

And you WILL see my boobs, oh yes!

We just did ours over in Xiamen. loads of fun.

Why do you call yours the China Hash when you’re in Taiwan?

Anyways, enjoy the beer, and subsequent running, and subsequent hangover… :bow:

Here’s a linky to the last one: whatsonxiamen.com/what_event … 18hash.jpg

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]We just did ours over in Xiamen. loads of fun.

Why do you call yours the China Hash when you’re in Taiwan?

Anyways, enjoy the beer, and subsequent running, and subsequent hangover… :bow:

Here’s a linky to the last one: whatsonxiamen.com/what_event … 18hash.jpg[/quote]

Twas started back in the day when “Taking back the mainland!” was taken seriously!

If I join do I get to keep my Hash name (used to run with the Kaohsiung Hash 20 years ago), or do I get a new one?

You’d be welcomed back as an old Hasher with your old name, mos’ likely.

When I get back from Canada, I’m in. It was a lot of fun before, I remember, and I need to find a reason to drink beer and exercise! :notworthy:

Did anyone mention silky fur? :wink:

Excellent news!

This is a bump, but I wanted to add that the weather should be great this weekend for having fun on the bitch. Woops, I meant beeeeeach!

Another shameless bump!

Fur! I want pictures!

The girls will be wearing bikinis, he said, so you won’t be able to see their fur.

The girls will be wearing bikinis, he said, so you won’t be able to see their fur.[/quote]

Well, actually, I did, but I didn’t get any photos.

Chest rugs, I mean that kind of fur! Last time I accidentally bumped into a Hash’s run at The Mystery Nameless Park my eyes ate a lot of ice cream. Running is really good for your health.

Girls with fur, that’s me, Latin girls ya know. :wink: bikini or no bikini needed

Hi all!

The weather is moderate and there’s a good run this Sunday, very nearby for the China Hash House Harriers, the drinking club with a running problem.

This run will be from Muzha MRT to Linguang MRT, over that hump of hill south of Elephant Mountain, so it’s easy to get to, get home from, and impossible to get lost.

Here’s the deal:

1. Meet at Muzha MRT station slightly before 2PM.

2. Follow the flour markings to the beer truck and groups of sporty, hung over people.

3. Pay 200NT (covers your beer later) and get into your running gear.

4. Put your backpack on the little blue beer truck. Set off with the rest of the pack around 2:30pm. Follow the marked trail and stick with an experienced hasher, if you are nervous. Have a wonderful time running and hiking through physically beautiful and culturally interesting backwoods areas. Arrive 1-2 hours later at the destination, near Linguang MRT.

5. Hang out with new friends and drink beer for a few hours.

6. Go home thinking, “Shit! Why didn’t I do this before?”

7. Come back another time: the 2nd time is free!

All are welcome. You do not need to be a real runner to participate; many walk. But if you are competitive you will find some serious people to contend with at the front of the pack.

People to look for when you get there:

The China Hash House Harriers GM: Dan

Jed, this week’s “hare” or run leader.

Me, Big John.

Come and check us out!

Bump!

On on!

Gonna try to make it, I tried to explain it to my wife but she’s just gonna have to try it to understand. hope to see you there.

Curt