Run with the China Hash House Harriers!

the rugby is on at 4pm. This hash is :loco: The best time for running today was early this morning (which was when I was running in the hills)…

Otherwise, have fun, hill running is great :slight_smile: But today? There are MUCH better things to be doing. Priorities, priorities…

[quote=“curtandanna”]Gonna try to make it, I tried to explain it to my wife but she’s just gonna have to try it to understand. hope to see you there.

Curt[/quote]

I’ll be there!

I’d like to come, but I need to know if its acceptable to rip the hare into pieces with your teeth if you catch him, or if we’re supposed to just bay him and wait for the master to deliver the coup de grace. I would hate to appear uncouth.

Actually, we just laugh, gloat and brag!

Actually, we just laugh, gloat and brag![/quote]
I was just watching the video nasty of Gaddafi’s last breaths and you know…

Actually, we just laugh, gloat and brag![/quote]
I was just watching the video nasty of Gaddafi’s last breaths and you know…[/quote]

He was more of a giant cockroach than a hare!

nice run, but you girls aint much for drinkers.

Now THAT is going to leave a mark! :laughing:

Can you not just change the name of your club?

Why is the China H3 running in Taiwan anyway? is there some kind of bridge now?

It was started back in the CKS era, when Taiwan was still calling itself “the real China”, so to speak. It has no connection with the PRC.

Now THAT is going to leave a mark! :laughing:[/quote]

Ha ha! Now that’s a good one! But if you showed up last Sunday, most of the fatty-livered types were off at the rugby.

Kinkaseki POW Memorial Run – Nov 13!!!

Dump-N-Run, Peg Leg, & Right Up My Passage – Nov 13

Peg Leg, Dump-N-Run and Right Up My Passage present the annual Kinkaseki POW Memorial Run in Jinguashi金瓜石/Jiufen九份.

The run will not only feature super terrific trails and magnificent scenery, but the location is one of Taiwan’s most historic sites: the WWII Kinakaseki POW camp, the Kinakaseki Mine, and the historic Japanese village. The run will include old mining track, lovely wood houses, a traditional Japanese village, ancient paths not used since colonial days, Japanese pill boxes, and the new POW memorial wall.

For those who would like to attend the actually POW Memorial Service, see information down below. If you wish to signup for the minibus to the memorial service, then you must signup by today.

Sure to be another great Sunday of hashing!

All followed by belligerently funny down downs, a lot of Taiwan Beer, and a MEGA BASH!!!

When: Nov 13, 2:30 pm run start

Hares: Peg Leg, Dump-N-Run, Right Up My Passage

DIRECTIONS:

BUS:

Public Bus #1062 departs every 15min from ZhongXiao Fuxing MRT Exit 1.

We are targeting the 12:30 bus! So, arrive before 12:30 at Exit 1.

The Bus terminates at the main temple in Jinguashi just above the POW Memorial Park. Stay on the Bus to the End. Get off and walk down the hill to the park.

Drivers:

Flour will start from the NE Coast Road #2, at the Jinguashi turn off, RT 102.

Questions:

Dump-N-Run: 0933200781

Peg Leg: 0927707868

Right Up My Passage: 0911208353

Trailmaster: 0980035554

Looks like the weather is going to clear up a bit! C’mon, be brave, have some fun. It should be a good day out!

Join us brother! Sister! :beer:

Yesterday was my first “hash” and I loved it. In fact, I loved it do much I’m heading down the spend the whole of the next weekend with these lunatics! Damn my legs hurt…

Of special interest to all North Coasties!

[color=#FF0000]Canada Day[/color] Bikini Beach Run, June 30 Qianshui Beach, near Danshui!

:canada: :yay: :yay: :beer: :canada:

This is the day after the Canada Day celebrations downtown!

Beginning and ending on a lovely ocean beach, a trail through farmland, streams, bamboo and forest, with giant butterflies, 100-year-old buildings and 200-year-old trees, followed by down downs on the beach with bikini girls, fireworks and shitloads of ice cold beer!

Watch the sunset through the huge glass windows of the basheteria!

Come celebrate Canada Day the hash way! One of the best hares west of the Rockies will not disappoint!

SPECIAL AFTER PARTY with hasher-friendly prices at The MAPLE HOUSE RESTAURANT in Qianshui Bay after the bash! 80- dollar shots and 90 dollar cocktails and large mugs of San Miguel Draft! Come and meet Buck the singing deer!

Getting there is easy:

Car / taxi pool: meet at the Family Mart across the street from Hongshulin MRT station, last stop before Tamshui (Danshui) MRT. Taxi to Qianshui Bay (Qianshuiwan): approximately 400NT / 20 minutes.

Drivers: please check this spot to offer rides to hashers if you can. Then take Danjin Boulevard (Highway 2) along the north coast to Qianshui Bay, about 12 km NE of Danshui.

Floor will begin in Danshui near the edge of town along Highway 2.

Buses: Take buses number 892 or 821 from across the street from Hongshulin MRT. Get off just after the 711 in Qianshui Bay. Parking and run start will be near the beach, 100 meters past the 711 and across the street. Buses take about 30 minutes.

Buses from Danshui (Tamsui): There are frequent buses from Tamsui (Danshui): Take buses 861, 862, 863, or 865 from Tamsui MRT to Qianshuiwan.

NOTE: there is some rough grass on the trail. The hares are doing their best to cut it down, but if you have long socks, running tights or hiking pants, you might consider using them.

Lost? Call the hares:

Big John

Gonna be fun!

When is your next run. Can women participate?

Anybody been running with this group lately? I think I heard they run every Sunday at 2 p.m. Is that correct?

http://chinahashtaiwan.com/next-weeks-run/

http://chinahashtaiwan.com/1st-time-runners/

http://chinahashtaiwan.com/faq/