Sad Development, No More Beer at Sushi Express?

This is new news to me.

Sushi Express encourages you to go next door to the convenience store and buy beer and bring it in. I’ve been to 3 Sushi Expresses in the last couple weeks and asked for beer and they said go next door and buy it and bring it back.

I love my sushi with a good dry Asahi Japanese beer.

I could swear that every time I go to Sushi Express, I see beer (Asahi?) going around with everything else (sample cans of course). I never get beer, though, because it’s almost always a lunch meal for me and I typically don’t drink until the sun goes down. Also, it’s not really beer food for me and so I don’t crave it while there.

Regarding bringing beer in from outside, every place I know that doesn’t serve alcohol allows this.

They stopped Serving beer at Sushi Express over a year ago. They’ve recently started selling a bottle of plum wine or something. But no beer

I always buy a drink next door and bring it. They don’t care. They know they don’t have drinks anymore.

I don’t understand why complaining they let you bring in convenient store drinks and not pay extra at the place? This is strange complaining.

I don’t think anyone is complaining. This is mostly an information thread.

Having worked in the food industry before, restaurants and places that sell food really don’t make much money from selling canned drinks. They take up a lot of shelf space and is a hassle to restock, take inventory and move around. I think Sushi express just decided to save the shelf space and effort to take inventory of canned drinks.

They could offer draft out of a big bottle? And even still offer it cheaply and presumably still make a profit?

That is what my local Japanese restaurant does. Their business model is “cheap but good” Japanese food and their beer is only a buck. Which is about 3 times or 4 times cheaper then others. A buck for a pint of Asahi draft. Seems to work. Gets people in too.

That would add to the place. Having draft Asahi.

Makes no sense with their business model. Sushi express is as their name suggests. Express. No one really goes there with a group to drink and stay a while. There are places for it.

i usually go with the free tea. beer goes pretty amazingly with le chao food and ji pai stuff. i wanna try it with sushi now.