Sales in taiwan?

I wanted to buy a shirt from uniqlo, it was on sale from 590 to 290 nt only from june 16 to 18. I tried it on, liked it, but put it back on the rack to think about it. I came back to the store the next day to get it and the line up was a few meters long. I was in a hurry so i returned that night. The line up stretched the perimeter around the store! I ended up not buying the shirt. That lineup was worse than any line ive seen on boxing day , sheesh!
My questions are:
Does taiwan have sale dates like boxing day/ black friday?
Are there coupons? (Which dont involve being a member)
Are there websites where users talk about where to find sales?
Are there websites that review products? Preferably in English.
Thanks in advance!

Most likely people saw a line and just followed

In UNIQLO? Right…

This is normal for UNIQLO and for big sales at department stores.

UNIQLO normally has long lines since their product line hits a sweet spot to many local’s wallets. It’s awesome quality and not too expensive and not too cheap. I’ve almost exclusively bought certain items from UNIQLO after moving to Taiwan and none of them have failed on me after 3-4 years of wash.

Department stores have anniversary sales (that last for a week to a month) where if you buy xNT you can automatically deduct xNT or get a gift card for xNT.

Blowout sales come in forms of store closings or if it’s a small boutique store or specialty store, they may have a sale to get rid of inventory at the end of each season.

And then there’s also this…

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20160317/818215/

If you’re talking about the cut out coupons you get with your Sunday newspaper or flyers in the mail, not really. Closest thing I can think of is… “If you come in today and check-in on FB, you can get 100NT off your purchase of 1000NT or more”

However, lots of memberships only require a phone number and name, nothing more. Some people don’t like this since it could lead to telemarketers bothering you.

Yes, check Facebook groups for specific categories of items or even Facebook groups for your city, district and even your apartment complex. I kid you not, my gf is in a FB group for Taipei Costco and their items. People go to Costco, buy things and review them on the FB group. These groups are mostly in Chinese.

Unfortunately, the foreigner community here in Taiwan is rather small. I highly suggest you make friends with some locals living in your area or even the husband’s coworkers or even coworker’s wives. You’d be surprised how above and beyond they’re willing to help you get what you need.

From what I know, no. Unless said product is also sold overseas, you can check the corresponding website in English.

You’re also more than welcome to continue to post questions about specific products here and we can help you out as much as we can.

2 Likes

What ranlee said.

That said, we could make a thread about sales and point out what we see. I do have membership in several stores. If many of us contribute we can actually save money…while spending money.

Thanks so much for your detailed answer! I’m just wondering are uniqlo sales cyclical? (Eg once a month) I dont want to miss the next sale.

I am glad to hear their clothes are durable, i end up washing my clothes everyday due to the humidity.

I actually don’t know since I don’t frequent department stores. I buy maybe one to three items of clothing a year. Luckily, there’s usually a sale going on when I do shop :smiley:

You can try checking at the end of the season. I know it’s tough to tell, but I’m sure they’ll still go by the dates of each season. The previous sale was most likely the end of spring sale since summer started yesterday and it’s sale ended on the 18th.

:laughing:

Until June 25th, 30% discount at sales in Q Square.

1 Like

Thanks, what is q square? What do they sell?

It is the name of the mall part of the Taipei Bus Station. It is a massive complex with restaurants, shops, gym, hotel, serviced apartments, movie theater, etc. right next to Taipei Main Station.

It has the intercity buses on its second floor, where most companies depart for Kaohsiung, Tainan, Chiayi, Taichung, etc and everything in between. Buses ride up directly into the elevated highway. Pretty cool and convenient.

The basements connect to the three underground malls under Taipei Main Station.

When you come to Taipei you can visit.