Sasquatch looking for hair lightening cream

[color=#008000]Mod note: the other product request has been split off to a separate thread. Having items listed separately facilitates merging of redundant threads. [/color]

I searched the forum and couldn’t find anyone looking for hair lightening cream (basically bleach that’s safe to plaster on your body and/or face), so I thought I’d start a new thread.

I was cursed with a hairy mother so, after puberty, I transformed into a gorilla. My routine of tearing out all offensive hairs and bleaching the hell out of others too painful to rip out helps me stay sane and feel like I at least blend in with `normal’ people. Faced with what is likely to be a permanent move to Taiwan, I’m sure one can understand why it is important to me to know whether these products exist there. I’ve lived in various countries and have always used Veet’s hair lightening cream, but I can’t find a Taiwanese Veet website. Do Veet products exist in Taiwan? If so, where can I buy them? If not, are there any similar products and where can I find those?

Since no one seems to know, I did a lot of searching online. I found I can buy the hair lightening cream on the Japanese Amazon site. Does anyone know if they deliver to Taiwan? Has anyone tried this with other products?

Sorry, but what is hair lightening cream???

I read in between the lines :whistle:

Face bleach - dunno. Sorry!!!

I do good old fashioned hydrogen peroxide, we have that here.

YOu put hydrogen peroxide on your face and body???Isn’t that to make you blonde?? Am I missing something?

Okay I need to get saloned a bit.

Great. Is it easy to come by?

YOu put hydrogen peroxide on your face and body???Isn’t that to make you blonde?? Am I missing something?

Okay I need to get saloned a bit.[/quote]

Are you blonde?

When you’re a brunette or have black hair, it’s not only the hair on your head that’s dark and as a woman it’s not so nice to rival your Italian uncle when it comes to hairiness. Some of it can be waxed, other parts are too painful to wax. That’s where hair lightening/bleach comes in. Blonde hair is less visible against light skin.

hahahah sweet!! No I’m not blonde. I have black hair and eyes and guess what??? Brown skin. And I am colour blind…so IF anything shows, others see it not me. :discodance: Actually I don’t have facial hair (I can’t believe I said that), so I don’t get my eyebrows or anything done. But wouldn’t Hydrogen peroxide corrode your skin??? I have seen hair that looks like hay coz of it.

Great. Is it easy to come by?[/quote]

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=80322

Divea - Oh, okay. Every time I’ve posted about hair removal/bleaching anywhere, it is always the fair-skinned blondes who are completely confused about it because it’s something they don’t have to think about! Just like how any of my 100% White, blonde relatives say they could never do what I do to myself as if it’s some sort of medieval torture and I must be mad. Well, they are lucky they don’t need to do anything because you don’t see any hairs and if they do choose to do something, the hair doesn’t grow back for weeks.

The stuff I use doesn’t make any of my hair like hay, but if hydrogen peroxide does, I’m not sure I want to use that as an alternative. :s

Sorry about being daft. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

I have been searching for hair lightening cream in Taiwan and couldn’t find it. Does anyone know where to get them? The ones you can use on body hair.
Thanks!