Say hello to my little friend

Honestly, these creatures should be called reptilian suicide bunnies. Last night one of them sprang suddenly over the fridge as I opened the freezer door. Fearing it would fall, I started closing the door… he jumped in. Got caught in the freezer’s door frame.

You are the Charles Manson of the gecko world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXOkzEXJuDs

1 Like

It is not my fault! By mere physics, he shouldn’t have done that! :sob:

Anyways, he dissappeared, so he is either a popsicle or running free.

Yeah, sure.

You better hope there’s no Gecko Capital Punishment

https://33.media.tumblr.com/f5dbf4a54aa12fa5e2328931f43a27dd/tumblr_msyw3cVGrH1qhk2leo2_250.gif

Found a water thinghy, but I fear it is also too big for a gecko:
https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/item/LIXIT-兩棲爬蟲飲水器-150cc-100048273645#addFavorStore

Another gruesome demise, and I am most anguished to report this time I did actively killed it.

Last night, as I was doing the dishes after cooking and putting stuff away, I noticed two huge roaches scurring about my potato peels. I set up one of those sticky roach hotel traps and went to bed.

Lo and behold, this morning I had indeed got them roaches… and something yellow. I did not realize what it was until I saw the eyes. Tried to pried it out but it was too late. RIP. One gecko less.

I take back what I said about you being the geckos’ Charles Manson.

More like the geckos’ Idi Amin.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f4/06/c4/f406c465cc7f5b72f1a8414baf6bcf48.jpg

This thread should be named “say goodbye to my little friends”. :sob:

What killed him?

A few weeks ago, I walked my cat around the park, and she went after a gecko. The gecko escaped by leaving its tail.

Actually, that is a good question. he should just be stuck there, right? But he was dead dead. Too tight, couldn’t breathe?

MilkTea is young and still has hunter instinct. Good for her. Mine only chase pidgeons with their eyes. Anything smaller does not register.

BTW, Bobby got stung by a wasp. Big, red swollen bubble in his leg, very painful. But he goes chasing after butterflies in the park… karma got him as he was stung at home.

Once many moons ago I caught a gecko on one of those traps. Took me like 45 minutes to peel him off with warm water. He walked away. Last time I ever use one of those.

I ran into that gecko at Daniel Pearl some months later.
He didn’t have much good to say about you, unfortunately.

Be that as it may lol. I will never regret the effort spent to help him. Their mental processing isn’t quite up to their wall sticking and other abilities.

The other night my wife and I accompanied her parents on an owl photography mission. They have an electronic device which plays bird calls - you simply hang the thing from a suitable tree, select your particular species of bird from the menu, press play, and then retreat a short distance to your camera and tripod setup to await the arrival of the bird. I’m not sure if the owls come in expecting to do battle or have sex but, either way, this must be pretty annoying for them. Inconveniencing owls, however, is not a crime as far as I’m aware.

Anyway, on the aforementioned owl mission my wife went to get something out of the back of her parents’ car and discovered, in the dark and to her great shock, a small cage containing a hamster. After a short conversation with her parents we learned that the hamster was a working hamster rather than a pet one. It’s job was to keep the owls around, after they had come in to the call. And so the cage was placed below the device in the tree.

Fortunately for the hamster the battery in the bird caller went flat after only one owl had come in - and that one was quickly scared off by the camera flash. Then we went back to their house and my wife and her two sisters spent the rest of the evening studying the zhende hao ke ai hamster. To cut a long story short my wife and I spent a few hours yesterday converting a large, transparent storage bin into a spacious hamster apartment. I thought making the ventilation windows out of BBQ grill was a bit of a faux pas but the hamster doesn’t seem to mind. Being a Syrian Hamster he probably doesn’t much about Taiwanese culinary history. My wife’s little sister has been out and purchased proper hamster food and it now lives in her room.

The hamster has retired from owl photography.

2 Likes

Help! There is a second one still alive!!!

How do I unglue him?!

EDIT: unglued. Both alive!

1 Like

Congratulations. That there is the most fucked up thing I’ve read on here for months.
And I’m including this dude’s posts

You are a psychopath

They are both alive! And moving. One lost a tail - that is the one I thought was dead- but he just got up and left.

xD

I take that back. I think I know what’s going on here.

You’re getting a fat bounty from the Chinese herbalist dude for ex-geckos, aren’t you?
He’s handing over top dollar for their poor little desiccated remains, right?
After which he grinds them up and uses them in foul-smelling remedies for erectile dysfunction, male pattern baldness, tired blood, Hong Kong foot, and following National League MLB teams.

Normally, I would refrain from ranking on anyone for earning a living. I understand you’re just trying to put cat litter on the table, but for the love of all that’s holy, they’re living creatures!
How do you sleep at night???