Scooter Industry - do you know how much money is involved?

So electric bike and scooter schemes are rolling out in Europe. The one thing about about Gogoro is it has been over spec for sharing schemes in terms of cost. I guess that’s why they brought the new model in. Its great for customers but an electric bike scheme would cheaper to run, if not as attractive in some ways. I’m a huge fan of gogoro and have confidence they’ll keep mixing it up and I hope the government does continue to support the electric mobility industry here.

1 Like

And US, Mexico, Brazil, India…

PGO just released its Gogoro joint venture,
unfortunately its just another clone not the new styling i was led to believe.

http://www.pgo.com.tw/productsDia.php?cls=10&id=86

1 Like

Ahhhh it’s all about clones…remember the 90s PC days?

2 Likes

I was there but I don’t remember them, were the 90s good?

I was told a few weeks ago that they would be using J-bubu styling, going for the retro look. They completely missed the mark, it’s a pity as it would have been nice to have something retro.

The 90’s PC’s manufacturers that made it through the clone wars, either offered something unique inside or was a Mac.

Ehhhh yeah. I dunno. Maybe

Like a Vespa ?

Maybe a Lambretta tv200, they had space for a a spare wheel, l,m sure that could fit the battery’s in

1 Like

I stay by my prediction…eventually will go down the tubes. The only way they will survive is with government continued support.

Like any company they too can eventually go bust given a long enough time frame. But they’ve already succeeded with 25% of new scooter sales.

1 Like

Yeah but you could say that about a lot of industries and companies.

The roads themselves are all subsidised.

I agree they do need govt support and they SHOULD get government support to help clean up the filthy air in our cities and build a new industry and supply chain. All the government has to is charge parking for motor scooters , let electric free stuff like that. It’s doesn’t even need the government to spend much more money. It would involve upsetting some people though.

2 Likes

25% of new sales? That figure is hard to believe.

Saw that government lately also subsidized non-electric motobikes….that will put a dent in electric bike market.

20-25% thereabouts. They made it. They did it. We should all be proud.

1 Like

Over 23% for Gogoro alone and close to 25% if you include the Yamaha, Aeon and PGO electric scooters made by Gogoro.

3 Likes

it really is outstanding. how much higher does it have to be to get the govt to pull the finger out of their ass? 50% 100??