Scooter License Questions

I’m new to Taichung…didn’t find much on the questions on the Scooter written test on the forums. So, after some master level searching and google translate…

Here’s the link that should get you all the true/false multiple choice answers…you’ll have to download the 4 PDF files on PAGE 3 in English.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Those look like the same 4 files I downloaded nearly 20 months ago to take my test in Shihlin (Taipei) office. They allow you to take practice tests right on the PC before your actual test, if you want. I suggest just reading those 4 PDFs for 2 days straight. Then just take the test on the PC without any practice. You should pass it on brute memorization.

The scooter driving test is the harder part. You have to drive in a straight line for like 10-15 meters, but you canNOT go under a certain time limit. They have a timer and if you pass the line before a certain time, then you are “out”. This means you have to drive extremely slowly. The key is have your left-hand clutch the brake and your right-hand pull the throttle, so that your scooter balances out properly when it’s going that slowly. It worked for me after multiple practices. You’ll understand this when you take the driving test.

Back home I had to take my scooter on a low speed highway for 20 minutes while the government official drove behind me telling me what to do into a headset. That was a test. Luckily I just swapped my Canadian one to Taiwan last year with no hassle in Taipei.

I watched the drivers in Kaohsiung go around and it didnt look too hard assuming you had prior experience driving a scooter which it was obvious everyone taking the test had. In Taiwan you get your road practice first, then you take the test. If you fail, just ride the scooter home and try again later.