Seeking to move in Taipei

Hi All,

I got in Taiwan several times for summer or holidays. Live in China since 7 years, make some pretty decent money.
Now going to get a second child, i am seeking to study the possibility to back in ROC because more nice…

I got few questions to study the possibilities :

• Work : I am thinking to open one branch for a french company. I would go often in China then… Will not use this branch to make any sales except if clients in Taiwan. I want to know if difficult to open this branch and if ok; if it basically doesn’t make any money but just to send one part of my salary. Often a bit complicated in china so i prefer ask in advance to see if workable.

• Visa : I am wondering if possible to have one resident permit in China and in ROC. Is it difficult to get it. Here I already have 8 years of experience and two master degree + work in taiwan lab back in my student life…
    Can my wife and child (chinese) through me benefits of one resident visa here? (this is the point I worry the most.

• Apartment : Wondering the cost to rent an apartment in Taipei for about 80 square meters and two bedrooms (ok to take the metro …).
    And to buy?

• School : Saw many post telling it’s expensive but sounds not bad when compare the school fee in Shanghai. For international school, we talk of 500$ per month, right?

Thanks a lot,

Pascal

Taipei American school costs
http://www.tas.edu.tw/page.cfm?p=456

About 600000 nt per year or about 19000 USD

Taipei european school costs

I cannot figure out the required items but it looks to be between 300000 to 600000 nt or 9000 to 19000 USD per year

80 square meters is about 2000 to 3000USD per month or higher in Taipei city

Wait, isn’t 80 sq meters roughly 24 ping? Or did I do my math wrong.

Not saying you’re wrong because you definitely can get a 24 ping for 2000USD/month, but that can’t be the minimum?

I mean 80 square meters. 24 ping, don’t sure i get the meaning. I can say in chinese : 80平方米

I was more directing my comment towards nonredneck since his estimation for an 80 square meter apartment is kind of…expensive.

Ping (坪) is the size of a tatami piece and is used to measure floor space in Taiwan.

I would say you can also get a 80 square meter apartment for as cheap as 1000USD. It really depends on location. If you want to live in the center of the city, I would say the 2000-3000USD/month range is correct, but if you look elsewhere, it’s roughly 1000USD for 80 sq ft.

Check out 591.com for more info on renting/buying. It’s all in Chinese, so you might need the help of the wifey or Google if you have trouble reading it.

Welcome to the renegade province! :bowing:

Ah, yes, I remember. The way to calculate is different !!!
1000 USD sounds more affordable to me. Similar as my apartment so i can balance the cost here (i dont live in center but bit out).
In China, most of the online website rental offer are fake that’s why i also prefered ask first foreigners. I can read traditional also.

Your answer is good for the rental thanks !!

80 sq meters is roughly 860 square feet. The apartments I’ve lived in have been roughly 30000 nt for 450 to 500 square feet.

It also depends on how close to the mrt (subway metro etc) it is. The ones farther from the mrt will be cheaper. OP might have to walk longer to reach the mrt if going for 30000 ntd for 80 sq meters in Taipei.

Though maybe OP might consider looking in new Taipei or off the brown line mrt in taipei towards the zoo if a bit of a commute is ok.