Serious car accident in YMS

That sounds like the one. I thought it was just more awful driving. The fact it was deliberate is terrible, but actually makes me less unsettled because it means driving here hasn’t quite reached that nadir yet.

Just a heads up: I was looking at the drawing of the accident in Apple Daily. Seems the dead were 2 scooter drivers -one female thrown to the side by the truck, and one crushed in the melee of cars, plus the driver of the truck, whose body just flew out of the cabin and onto the street. Fourth one was not in that picture as that was not in yesteday’s news yet.

So it seems that the people in the cars were seriously hurt but might have survived.

Amazing that people in that vehicle would survive that kind of impact…

But yeah, scooter drivers caught in that wouldn’t have a chance.

First degree murder not manslaughter should be the charge

And another mass crash started by a sand truck in this case losing control. Only 16 vehicles hit, 2 lightly wounded, thank goodness.

https://youtu.be/gTrPDhtclj8

And another…

That’s a different news, and it should go in a separated thread, even if you use the tags for linking them :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes when I ride my motorcycle I’m certain that it’s just a matter of time to end my life in these roads…

Truck plows into 6 construction vehicles, killing 1, inuring 2 | Taiwan News

While transporting goods on National Freeway No. 1 on early Tuesday morning, a truck driver surnamed Li (李), who is suspected of being heavily fatigued, smashed into six construction vehicles, injuring three people, one how whom, a 31-year-old man surnamed Weng was later declared dead.

As Li entered the southbound section of the at the freeway in Zaoqiao, Miaoli County, he smashed into eight construction vehicles, injuring three, who needed immediate medical attention.

National freeway engineering staff said that at the time there were 30 workers repairing the road at the time of the accident. The road crew as caught off guard by the truck as it swerved from an outside lane and smashed into them from behind.

Do their editors not speak English?

Was it 6 or eight construction vehicles?

Don’t quibble over details. What I want to know is, one how whom?

That article gave me a headache. The overall use of English seems pretty good and there are some very appropriate terms, but the editing is so random. It feels like something I’d write when I want to post something long here or on Facebook and post it before reading it at least once.

My thoughts exactly. I should have read the whole article before starting my post. Had to come back to add more at least 3 times. Almost gave up on reading the article!

1 Like

xD

Reading this is like reading the bizarre translations from Google Translate!

Honestly, given the traffic on this island, especially in the rural areas, I am surprised this does not happen daily everywhere here.

Could it be someone was editing from a cellphone/pad and Auto Correct kicked in?

I’d accept that…for a text message. But not for a news article. Wouldn’t you still read it yourself before publishing it, just in case “Auto Correct kicked in”?

With the latest technology, we don’t need actual reporters anymore. You can just create a bot to write your articles.

I believe that both China Post and Taiwan News are now employing these new technologies.

The author could have dictated it, and the speech to text thing screwed it up.

That just means he’s lazy and in no way justifies that train wreck.