Sexually Transmitted Diseases

i’m a guy who would like a full check-up. always advisable every so often. can anyone recommend a place that specilaizes … hospital/reputable clinic … ? thanks.

The Taipei STD Prevention Clinic (

[quote=“LittleBuddhaTW”]The Taipei STD Prevention Clinic (

Anyone who sexually active needs to have it done, especially if you don’t have to do the yearly medical exam. You never know.

You might want to get tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea while you’re at it. You should be able to get away with a urine sample, if they have urine-based tests in taiwan. There are also blood tests for herpes that can distinguish between type 1 and type 2.

What’s the exact address in English for the STD clinic in Ximending?

Quick question: If you are tested positive for any Sexual Transmitted Disease – will the clinic in question report this to the authorities? And boot you off the island, as in the case of “chocolate”?

I know this is the case for Aids.

I have the same question as ZOT. Does getting any kind of STD mean you are out of here? Even if it’s curable? What’s the law concerning this and how long are you not allowed back into Taiwan for? Anybody have info on this? This discourages many from taking the tests…and unknowingly spread the disease to others.

Who would want to get tested here if you just get booted out for having something that’s curable. I guess the only option is just to go back to the States get tested there and cured if you do have something. Then come back clean. But usually that’s an option that no one will take unless he’s got tons of money to spend. I don’t have that kind of money so …should I take my yearly physical? or just forget about it? I really want to know what the law says concerning this. I mean it really discourages me from taking my yearly physical exam! Taking each test is like a gamble. You don’t win all the time.

Hartzell, what do you think about this issue?

According to the Immigration Law and its regulations as commonly reported in the local press here in Taiwan, people are regularly deported (and I assume blacklisted) if they are found with STDs. This includes persons who are married to Taiwan citizens.

On a related topic, in the situations of probable abuse of children, I know that school authorities in Taiwan are required by law to notify the police . . . . . ( an example might be where the child came to school with many bruises, cigarette burns, signs of severe beatings, etc.) . . . . .

HENCE, I would imagine that the authorities at public hospitals or clinics would be required to report to the Taiwan government health authorities any information on foreigners who tested positive for STDs . . . . . but I don’t have any hard information on this. You might contact the following organization, as I believe they would have the most up-to-date information on legal issues concerning STDs:

Persons with HIV/AIDS Rights Advocacy Association
Tel: +886-2-2312-2859 Fax: +886-2-2375-9150
Email – praatw@yahoo.com.tw
Website – praatw.org

[quote=“danny”]
I have the same question as ZOT. Does getting any kind of STD mean you are out of here? Even if it’s curable? What’s the law concerning this and how long are you not allowed back into Taiwan for? Anybody have info on this? This discourages many from taking the tests…and unknowingly spread the disease to others.

Who would want to get tested here if you just get booted out for having something that’s curable. I guess the only option is just to go back to the States get tested there and cured if you do have something. [/quote]

The Ximenting clinic mentioned by LittleBuddha will allow you to take an ANONYMOUS test for HIV and anything else - ie. you give a fake name and no-one asks for ID. There’s no need to go back to the States.

I had the same thing done in Taichung. No name, no ID, no risk. And just in case you wanted to know, no HIV.

Unfortunately I don’t have the clinic’s address but I’ll see if I can get the address from the friend who brought me and my GF there in the first place.

Could somebody post the address of the STD clinic in Ximending in English, please? The computer I’m using shows only a cryptic string of symbols that might possibly be Egyptian hieroglyphics, but that certainly isn’t Chinese.

There is an English address and directions in THIS THREAD

No, there isn’t! Unless the one on Bo’ai Lu is also the one in Ximending. Does anyone know the address in English of the one in Ximending? If, you do, please post the address here, not just a (probably broken, because it’s so old) link to the address. Thanks.

That would be communicable diseases requiring notification to the health authorities, namely: AIDS, gonorhea and syphilis. This doesn’t include warts chlamydia etc.

HG

In the US, chlamydia is a notifiable diease. Don’t know about Taiwan.

What is the address of the STD clinic in Ximending (nobody actually put it down) Is this the best place to go for a quick anonymous check up or this there somewhere else in Taipei?

Can you just ask for test for a certain STD or will do they insist on checking for everything ?

… so that means IF my taiwan wife would get gonorhea from going out with another man (the good gal will not do, but just theoretically), would infect me, I would do a regular checkup and they would find it on me, I would get deported. As stated by Hartzell above. Cool!

I guess I am beginning to understand why so many of you guys here are talking about rights for foreigners…