Shipping pharmaceuticals to Taiwan

So i’m a amateur bodybuilder and moved to Taiwan for my job posting for the year or some. I was excited because some anabolic steroids are legal in the pharmacies such as testosterone and deca durabolin. Please don’t tell me how bad this is for my body, I have years of experience knowledge and I get regular blood work and physicals, i’m healthier than the guy ordering food panda everyday.

So my problem is, although deca durabolin is legal here, it’s very expansive and it comes at a 50mg dose per ml. I can get it shipped here for a much cheaper price. I was wondering if anyone know how I can figure out if it’s legal or is there a website of scheduled drugs I can search before I ship it. Or maybe a department I can call, I speak Chinese, one of the reasons I was sent here so I can hold a conversation no problem. I don’t know if anyone else is in the community of body builders that use chemical enhancement. If you are and want to stay private, send me a PM.

Thanks!

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: Legality of importing pharmaceuticals

Hmm, thats an interesting question. I’m pretty into fitness, bodybuilding, sports and ect but there’s not that much of a bodybuilding community here. Most people at the gym don’t train like bodybuilders, so I’m not really sure. I think Mr. Taiwan that owns a gym that competed before is pretty adamant about staying “natural” but I really don’t see a problem with using chemical enhancement especially if you don’t compete in the natural contests.

Forget about trying to ship pills to Taiwan,you will be another foreigner in trouble with the law.

Anyone into bodybuilding or really into training and fitness here. I’m talking about guys that train 5-6 times a week seriously? Would love to meet more people like that.

I believe he is talking about injectable oils like b12. If it’s legal here like b12, why wouldn’t he be able to ship it here? It’s not like it’s a narcotic, and I don’t think it’s even scheduled here. I know at least testosterone is OTC here. So I’m not sure how they treat a bottle of oil when it passed through customs.

He’s not talking about importing Vitamin B12 is he? He’s talking about illegally importing anabolic steroids.
Also they can even be a pain in the ass about vitamins as well!

By all means go ahead try to import random stuff, customs love that shit in Taiwan, gives them meaning to their life!

That’s before police come busting into the foreigners apt…find needles and along with other drugs without prescription.

Fun times!

BTw the amount of drug use in the US is phenomenal, these kinds of questions are really common on Facebook from newbies but it’s usually looking for modafinil, Xanax, that kind of stuff… You guys need to lay off that stuff druggie nation.

The particular anabolic steroid is legal here without a prescription. I’m not importing xanax, opiates ect. I can get it here at the pharmacy but it’s just very expensive.

He’s talking about if it’s illegal to import a legal anabolic steroid here. He’s trying to figure out if he can do that. The particular anabolic steroid is legal OTC as he puts it.

1 Like

If you want to import large quantities you need a company that has an import license for pharmaceuticals. For small quantities for personal use, you probably won’t, but you might have to pay import duties and VAT on total value of products + shipping costs. I also recently read something about there now being limitations on how many bottles or pills of supplements you can import per year - these might apply in your case.

1 Like

Hey Andrew, where are you based?

Regarding importing - give customs a call. If you prefer, they have people hired specifically to address English enquiries. Taiwanese bend over backwards to help foreigners here. I called once to ask about importing some expensive items, selected the Mandarin option and got impatient, shit customer service. I called back again later in the day, selected the English option, and the customer service representative on the phone was like a bitch in heat and even though she couldn’t answer my question, asked her colleagues until she got the answer and gave me her e-mail in case she could assist in any other way.

“Taiwanese bend over backwards to help foreigners”
“Customer service representative on the phone was like a bitch in heat” — absolutely brilliant!

Most entertaining thing I’ve read online all week, and I was following Shkreli’s Periscopes all week so that’s saying a lot!

While I don’t know much about where to obtain drugs as mentioned above, what the OP is saying is, in my limited knowledge, true.
I workout on a daily basis and I know a handful of actual bodybuilders. I know for a fact that one guy is on testosterone, and other is taking anabolic steroids. The guy I mentioned above also hinted me about others taking (shooting) steroids as well.

So, while I don’t know the legality of the prescriptions inquiry, it is true that many here in Taiwan are utilizing them to enhance their looks and performance.

The guy I talked to just seems to purchase them straight from some vendors. He did tell me that they are costly, as OP has stated above.

1 Like

This is a pretty recent article, as of this date a lot seems to hinge on if it’s a prescription item or not, and a permit seems to be required in any case

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2014/06/06/409474/Importing-drugs.htm

Starting from July 1, 2015, people will need to apply for a permit from the Food and Drug Administration in order to mail over-the-counter drugs to Taiwan. No more than 12 bottles, tubes or 1,200 tablets of nonprescription drugs may be mailed. Furthermore, the permit can only be applied for once in a six-month period. Prescription drugs and medical items such as contact lenses need to come with documentation of the prescription in order to be mailed.

I’ll look around a bit more later

contact lenses too? hmm seems a little bit too much on that one. Unless there’s a way kids are getting high off of them these days or something :joy:

Exactly what I was talking about…authorities here can haul people through the coals if they want to. Placenta extract is not exactly something you would think would be ‘dangerous’ but the authorities would be all over that like a rash.

The other thing about people thinking of purchasing those steroids on the black market, it woudn’t be a good idea for, because they could easily be contaminated with some other steroid hormones or adulterants or even something else entirely! Legal pharmaceutical fraud is a massive business and of course a lot of it would come from China. Certainly would be better to have a prescription and buy through regular channels.

Under current regulations, when people are caught bringing or mailing an excess quantity of medication to Taiwan, they have a choice of either forfeiting the drugs or applying for a permit, FDA official Tai Hsueh-yung (戴雪詠) said, adding, however, that once the new regulations come into effect in July 2015, depending on the severity of the offense, offenders may face a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.

Unauthorized Drugs on the Market

There have been reports of unauthorized botulinum toxin from South Korea and unauthorized placenta extract from mainland China spreading into the medical aesthetics market.

The government has discovered that in recent years people have been sending unauthorized medication to Taiwan through mail and courier services, and that the drugs were then sold in order to reap huge profits.

An unnamed pharmaceutical company was quoted by local media as saying that some clinics have been claiming to be using its products without any record showing that they had procured the products through the proper channels, which means that either the drugs were brought in from overseas illegally or that they are counterfeit.

Here is the evidence that testosterone sold in any form needs a prescription in Taiwan. Some are covered by Jianbao, some not.

http://blog.xuite.net/z20021014211319/twblog/182873627

問題: 想請問15歲的男孩可以使用Androgel昂斯妥凝膠嗎 會有哪方面的副作用呢 或是有其他相同效果藥物可以使用 健保有給付Androgel昂斯妥凝膠嗎 拜託請盡快回覆 謝謝妳
回答時間: 2007-06-07 20:14:54
回答: 1. Androgel昂斯妥凝膠主成份為睪固酮 (testosterone),衛生署核准用於因睪固酮缺乏之男性生殖腺功能不足症。此藥一般用於睪固酮低下之成年男性,此藥需由醫師確立診斷並開立處方後方可使用。
2. 每個藥物都有副作用,其發生常與使用劑量和時間長短有關,請您直接向原就診醫療機構的醫師或藥師諮詢,因該院有您的病歷,比較能完整回覆您的問題。
3. Androgel非健保給付品項。其他含有testosterone成份的藥品 (如口服膠囊與注射劑) 有許多,可健保給付使用,但仍需由醫師處方使用。

According to this they need to see diagnostic evidence of low testosterone in order to prescribe.

Also seems to need some kind of ‘certificate’ to possess it.

適應症」欄位中與「男性更年期障礙」相關之適應症(如:男性荷爾蒙不足所引起之症狀、性腺激素缺乏症等)統一修訂為:「經臨床徵象及實驗室檢驗確認因睪固酮缺乏之男性生殖腺功能不足症(hypogonadism)的替代治療」。

http://www.fda.gov.tw/TC/newsContent.aspx?id=19735&chk=7cab3895-bee9-4be6-8342-7e51e19fbbc7&param=pn#.V9pipE197IU

very strange, i took some oral and injectable testosterone otc from multiple pharmacies when I was injured to keep my strength and had the police search my house looking for narcotics because number popped up with drug dealers and users who got caught since I was in the entertainment industry and people do that in that industry. They saw Testosterone pills and vials leftover from that period of time when I couldn’t get to the gym and never blinked an eye.

It’s not on the controlled list of drugs. That’s what the police are looking for I guess.
http://www.fda.gov.tw/EN/lawContent.aspx?id=1229&chk=7db74053-59f6-4622-a8ab-7369aad85871&param=pn=1&cid=5061&cchk=91ee4473-4458-4549-90e7-043c76d17779&subClassifyID=&pClass1=

Although having loads of vials around wouldn’t have looked good!

Loads of people buy stuff from pharmacies that should have prescription that don’t, for instance anti histamines. So they probably don’t give a shit except for if they found large quantities, or somebody was investigating you or wanted to give you trouble or you were dealing in them without a license.

So it’s like prostitution in some countries, it’s legal but not legal to solicit for it? So basically I can have it but technically i need a prescription to buy it?