Shipping pharmaceuticals to Taiwan

According to the link here (near the bottom) those in possession of testosterone are supposed to have some evidence or permit. But I’m not an expert on this area so I don’t know what that means exactly. If might mean the vendor, it might mean the end user.

http://www.fda.gov.tw/TC/newsContent.aspx?id=19735&chk=7cab3895-bee9-4be6-8342-7e51e19fbbc7&param=pn#.V9pipE197IU

Just like tonnes of stuff in Taiwan, everything is fine until you get on the wrong side of the authorities or somebody wants to break your balls…pardon the pun.

Indeed it doesn’t seem to be on the list of controlled drugs (which would be surprising, it’s not a narcotic etc.) so it seems to come down to a question of if it’s a prescription or non-prescription medication. It looks like you’d need a permit to import it in any case–though the article seems a bit ambiguous to me about what the amount limits imply–with differing requirements depending.

Definitely this does suggest it’s a prescription drug.

They wouldn’t have been looking for or interested in prescription meds though.

There doesn’t appear to be much official info in English. This gives an overview:

https://www.wecarenaturally.us/taiwan-custom-enu?___store=english&___from_store=taiwan

It says the same as the China Times article basically; you’d need a permit to mail any items here, prescription or non. The FDA site with needed application forms etc. in Chinese is linked to there, and there’s a phone number. I didn’t see any corresponding pages in English on the FDA site

It sounds like maybe the rules changed or no one really cares about it unless it’s a narcotic.

So i’m a amateur bodybuilder and moved to Taiwan for my job posting for the year or some. I was excited because some anabolic steroids are legal in the pharmacies such as testosterone and deca durabolin. Please don’t tell me how bad this is for my body, I have years of experience knowledge and I get regular blood work and physicals, i’m healthier than the guy ordering food panda everyday.

So my problem is, although deca durabolin is legal here, it’s very expansive and it comes at a 50mg dose per ml. I can get it shipped here for a much cheaper price. I was wondering if anyone know how I can figure out if it’s legal or is there a website of scheduled drugs I can search before I ship it. Or maybe a department I can call, I speak Chinese, one of the reasons I was sent here so I can hold a conversation no problem. I don’t know if anyone else is in the community of body builders that use chemical enhancement. If you are and want to stay private, send me a PM.

Thanks!

I have no idea why you are getting your panties in a bunch about this. I’m not asking if I can import heroin to get high on. Not ALL anabolic steroids are legal here, but testosterone and deca durabolin are 2 anabolic steroids that are legal here without a prescription. They do have medical uses beside bodybuilding, I’m just taking them for a different use.

How do I know?
I’ve gotten every single pharmacy to order them for me until I found the ones that are willing to sell the cheapest. And I go to a doctor to get my blood work done and he knows that i’m on testosterone and deca durabolin and knows they are available without a script and works with me on making sure nothing is out of the ordinary. They can be prescribed under NHI for free for people with low testosterone, but without any medical issues, you can still get them.

Well you confused the situation by mentioning Xanax and opiates, yes some pharmacies will sell them illegally without a prescription. That may mislead some people into thinking importing them is a fairly risk free affair.

Customs are hard assed in Taiwan, they even haul up people for importing seeds, and if the cops think a foreigner is messing around with drugs it’s a whole world of hurt.
So don’t bother with the importation is my advice.
MAYBE you can import prescription drugs for personal use but they are definitely going to need to see that prescription.
Importing OTC drugs is going to make them sit up and take notice. Please proceed if you think it is not illegal, it will be fine.

First anabolic steroids are not vitamins or supplements, any even they are difficult to import.

I’m prettty sure anabolic steroids sure they are NOT legal OTC and certain that other drugs like Xanax are prescription only. This is Taiwan not Thailand!

Importing them is heavily restricted.
Selling them is restricted.
Even advertising them for sale can land you with multi million NTD fines!

Of course there are a few pharmacies that will sell them you.
There’s a famous pharmacy in a night market area of Taipei city that sells pretty much every prescription drug going.

But by all means go ahead and try to import cos you think you know better…

Call customs tell them you want to import prescription drugs…yes that is A Most Excellent Idea.

Asking the authorities for information doesn’t always result in correct information, but there must be someone at the Ministry of Health & Welfare who knows the ins and outs of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act and whatever else is involved.

1 Like

so have you find a way to purchase some anabolic steroids from Taiwan? I am actually in Taiwan and doing some research how to find this stff, but could not find any

It’s not really something you google, “where to get steroid in taiwan”. You can get things, I know testosterone is easily accessible if you know how to. But there are many kinds of anabolic steroids, when I went over to train in Thailand they literally was selling so many kinds of them openly at most pharmacies in the area I was in.

I thought testosterone was OTC here but apparently it’s not, but I know people can easily get it. But from what understand thats about it, anything else is rare and expensive. So you’d have to find someone who has them.

I’ve ordered natural test boosters online, that’s not difficult. But anabolic steroids and test boots are in different categories. Considering the legality I’m surprised there isn’t an obvious way to begin a cycle without having to jump through hoops. It’s even more surprising to say I’ve seen a lot of people stateside that were juicing, and not one at all here yet.

I think there is just not a market here for it. I knew guys when I played football in Texas where coaches and even parents gave steroids to their kids on the team as early as 14 to gain an edge. One kid I particularly remember at like 14 was the strongest kid I have ever seen, he was so beastly at that age lifting more then many seniors but he stopped growing in height from that age. Getting big is a fascination in the US, but not really here. You don’t have kids growing up hoping for a college scholarship in sports and making it to the pros mentality here.

I’ve got 10 year history bodybuilding. Just arriving in Taiwan in a few days and i don’t have any pct to take. Any chance I can get info on how to get some ancillaries or some test or a script? Looking to run 250mg/week max with some tamoxifen and exemestane (or similar) to address to some gyno.Thanks.

Please do not discuss anything illegal here. If what you’re looking for is not OTC, then please refer to a doctor.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: We don’t discuss this here

Easiest would be to just hand-carry any of the medicines. Make sure you have your prescription documents on hand for customs clearance.