Shortcuts/Scenic routes to Fulong/Tashi

Can you wait two weeks? :wink:

I really want to check the area out again for hiking and camping spots. Saw some interesting things last time. But I’ve no time this weekend.

no problems mate, next next weekend it is.

I’ll be up there this weekend… :sunglasses:

MJB, have you ridden this route yet all the way to Daxi? If yes, what did you think?

Mucha man,

I’ve been up there a bunch lately, but only by car…So no, I haven’t done your route yet.

I will be happy to join if a group of you want to do it on two-wheels some weekend. :sunglasses:

well… my wife and i did the mucha man and MJB suggested route to fulong/daxi today. its quite a lovely drive but given holiday time traffic was thicker than i belive it normally would be. we, should i say, my wife decided to go the coastal route home however. good god what a nightmare. never again.

and finally… what the hell happpened to daxi. i havent been for 4 years i know but it has turned from a quiet and clean beack into a truly hideous place. trash everywhere, quad bike destroying the beach etc etc… sigh, so sad.

[quote=“AWOL”]well… my wife and I did the Muzha man and MJB suggested route to fulong/Daxi today. its quite a lovely drive but given holiday time traffic was thicker than i belive it normally would be. we, should I say, my wife decided to go the coastal route home however. good god what a nightmare. never again.

and finally… what the hell happpened to Daxi. i havent been for 4 years I know but it has turned from a quiet and clean beack into a truly hideous place. trash everywhere, quad bike destroying the beach etc etc… sigh, so sad.[/quote]

Do you mean the mountain route to Daxi had a lot of traffic as well, or just the coastal?

sorry… the route from the muzha/shenkeng interchange thru to fulong had traffic. we didnt take the mtn route from fulong to daxi.

the coastal route from daxi back to taipei wasnt that bad, just a confusing jumble of poorly signed roads and closed tunnels.