Sick of searching jobs in Taiwan

First of all, i love Taiwan, Taiwan has a really good culture among all Chinese country, eh, i mean the peoples, friendly, kind, and helpful.

I am a Malaysian who worked in Singapore for 11 years in engineering field, i did submit quite a lot of resume and i went for several interviews.

Most of the companies giving me an info that they faced difficulties when apply my work permit then they gave up and decided not to hire me == thats hurt XD

There’s 2 main reasons that makes my working path hard:
1, foreigners who apply for technical and professional type of works in Taiwan are limited their salaries at least 47.9k Taiwan dollars ( this problem is easy, i can just find job at north side eg Taipei and eventually i solved this problem )
2, work permit duration, i did received a call from one of the company which dicided to hire me as their customer service engineer, sayings that they called to the council of labour to ask for work permit matter but they cant get an exact duration of the work permit and so, they decided not to hire me =(

Guys, any suggestions to a newbie here? :slight_smile: do i really need to go for a English test and apply a teacher job first then find my ideal job? ==

[quote=“Jimmy_L”]First of all, i love Taiwan, Taiwan has a really good culture among all Chinese country, eh, I mean the peoples, friendly, kind, and helpful.

I am a Malaysian who worked in Singapore for 11 years in engineering field, i did submit quite a lot of resume and I went for several interviews.

Most of the companies giving me an info that they faced difficulties when apply my work permit then they gave up and decided not to hire me == thats hurt XD

There’s 2 main reasons that makes my working path hard:
1, foreigners who apply for technical and professional type of works in Taiwan are limited their salaries at least 47.9k Taiwan dollars ( this problem is easy, i can just find job at north side eg Taipei and eventually i solved this problem )
2, work permit duration, i did received a call from one of the company which dicided to hire me as their customer service engineer, sayings that they called to the council of labour to ask for work permit matter but they cant get an exact duration of the work permit and so, they decided not to hire me =(

Guys, any suggestions to a newbie here? :slight_smile: do i really need to go for a English test and apply a teacher job first then find my ideal job? ==[/quote]
Work permits for language teachers are not merit-based, i.e. there’s no test you can take. You need a passport from a country classified by MOFA as speaking the language you intend to teach.

For work permit issues in general… can you see yourself happily married to a Taiwanese? Because that’s what they’ve decided the easiest path should be. :s

erm… thats what my Taiwanese friends told me , get a TOEFL or TOEIC or even IELTS then apply at tuition class , i dun even know if that works lol

and marriage to get emigrate , thats one of the solutions too but i have to get myself a gf first rite? XD

[quote=“Jimmy_L”]erm… thats what my Taiwanese friends told me , get a TOEFL or TOEIC or even IELTS then apply at tuition class , i dun even know if that works lol

and marriage to get emigrate , thats one of the solutions too but I have to get myself a gf first rite? XD[/quote]
I wasn’t trying to recommend marriage, just pointing out that the option is there.

I don’t have time now, but if you search for threads about work permits and passports you can find the past discussions about nationalities being recognized or not. Someone provided the exact name of the list of countries/languages recognized by MOFA. It should be the same as what they publish on their website in the information section on foreign countries (only available in the Chinese version), but for some countries the languages listed are different depending on whether you use the mobile version or the desktop version.

Yes i saw the post already, thnx ya ^^

i dont know about looking for a job but i am willing to invest in real estate in Taiwan, if anyone has knowledge about this, please i will like to work together with you.

Just for a brief background, i own a real estate company in the US, i know how real estate works but i need someone i can communicate with in Taiwan, who
understands the country.

Please leave me a message if your interested.

[quote=“michaeltlehmkuhl”]I don’t know about looking for a job but I am willing to invest in real estate in Taiwan, if anyone has knowledge about this, please i will like to work together with you.

Just for a brief background, i own a real estate company in the US, I know how real estate works but I need someone i can communicate with in Taiwan, who
understands the country.

Please leave me a message if your interested.[/quote]

Hope you find a decent partner that will explain the massive real estate bubble we have in taiwan. Unless you wnat to capitalize when the blood floods the streets…

I totally understand your feeling , Jimmy. I’m a malaysian and would die loving taiwan… i’m having a hard time find a job in Taiwan since April… It’s good they at least try to apply for you. Due to your professional background. My experience? once they heard i’m without working visa. Sorry and goodbye. Keep us posted how it goes ok? we have the same dream.

Hi Shin, didn’t aspect to see another Malaysian here lol

Basically if foreigners wish to look for a professional or technical job in Taiwan, there’s 3 conditions that you have to know

1. Company must own at least 10 millions TWD capital and above
  2. Employee salary must be at least 47920 TWD and above
  3. Employee must be a bachelor degree holder

I don’t own a bachelor degree so company unable to apply the work permit for me lol

For your informations, if foreigners who studied in Taiwan university wish to find a job in Taiwan, you are required to have at least 2 years of working experience at other country, salary limited at least 30k TWD

Anyway I am now back to Malaysia already, wish you get a job in Taiwan successfully :slight_smile: