Single Status Certificate Without Coming Back to Taiwan?

Hello Forumosa. I am posting this for my brother as he recently had his wedding reception in Korea and is looking to get legally married in Korea to his Korean fiancee. The problem however, is that he needs a Single Status Certificate in order to proceed with his marriage. As far as I know, he needs to come back to Taiwan in person in order to acquire this documentation. He is a Taiwanese citizen and has never been naturalized elsewhere. He hasn’t done his mandatory military service yet so he would have to serve one full year upon returning.

Is there a way around this? Either to acquire the certificate without coming back in person or finding a way to get out of military service? If he’s forced into military service, his fiancee would literally have to wait a year before seeing him because of this. Any help is appreciated!

He only has to Military conscription if he is stays in taiwan for over 6 months collectively over a year from what I understand. Where does he reside? If he lives in Korea he can just get a stamp in the passport saying he is a overseas resident and they will let him pass in through customs in the airpot. Otherwise they will not let him leave taiwan and take in to report.

He is a resident of Korea. But from what I understand, once he comes through customs he has to return within a certain amount of time to complete his service no? Maybe I’m mistaken about that

Only if he stay over 6 months over a year collectively. I believe he just needs to prove he is a resident or a student somewhere else and he can get the stamp to leave.