SJW no-whites day at Evergreen State College

This makes me think about a University of Taiwan those month.

What do you mean? Did I miss some news item?

Is this real? O_o

Unfortunately, yes. Incidents like this are shockingly common in the woke urban areas of the Left Coast.

I mean, it’s so ridiculous, and the whole scene seems so unnatural/unreal, that I almost see them as actors.

Yesterday I posted a video in which that American (Canadian) psychologist said that there were like 30 pronouns in some state of the USA… this is getting fuckin’ ridiculous.

1 Like

I remember Peterson railing against the pronoun warriors: his argument was something to the effect that because these people have no mainstream political power, they exercise power in the only way they can, ie., by imposing stupid rules on people outside of the normal processes of government.

It’s basically the traffic-warden syndrome. Or it might be this, although I hope not:

“The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”

2 Likes

Just think of it as Cultural Revolution 2.0. Peterson is Canadian, and said he may consider running against Trudeau in the next election. How awesome would that be?

Is Trudeau the junkie? Sorry, I don’t know much about politics in America, not more than you of politics in Spain/Catalonia :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, exercise junkie. His past experience as a kickboxing instructor really toughened him up for the job of prime minister.

I think Peterson is 100% correct about that.

The Orwell quote what many non-Californian Americans think is the (SJW and others on the American left) endgame. I think it’s a bit dystopian yet, but it does not seem to be far off. A bit chilling in the US these days, especially in California.

1 Like

It occurs to me that laws/bylaws about not offending this group or that group are not dissimilar to blasphemy laws in theocracies. You can’t burn people at the stake anymore for saying offensive things against God, but the next best thing for those who like to have power over others is to destroy your life if you say something hypothetically offensive about (largely mythical) oppressed minority groups.

The SJW brigade are filling the exact role of the “religious police” in the Middle East: those guys actually operate on the grey edges of the law in some countries, not strictly supported by statute but tolerated and/or indulged by governments.

4 Likes

Probably the fear to the gods happened in a more natural way than the gender bullshit laws.

J K Rowling was on the receiving end of their righteousness just yesterday. She accidentally liked a tweet that described trans women (who somehow seem to have become more important than women in modern feminism) as “men in dresses”. They’ve been piling into her for that PC faux pas. They really like soft targets. Time to start burning Harry Potter books.

1 Like

It’s a transference of their hate of their political opponents (conservatives especially) to those they would cast out of polite society. They are politically impotent, but instead of working steadily to gain political power they use social media and political protest to control those who would be objects of a hate that only they control.

And I agree, it is a bit religious, too. In a way they have deemed themselves godly in an old echo of America’s Puritan past. Those who disagree with them see them as modern Precisians, something I suspect the powerless SJW’s take delight in - even though I’m sure they make no claims on Christianity.

And it works very, very well.

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the whole thing is centred mostly on the US, although it’s definitely taken a firm hold across the pond. I was shocked to discover how rapidly it’s changed England - I no longer recognize anything familiar about it, and that’s occured in the space of about five years. Certainly 20 years ago I don’t think JK Rowling’s comment would have been even deemed worthy of remark; it’s her opinion, and free speech was once a cornerstone of British culture.

This clip (Ted 2) is NSFW:

Considering the whole movie was an exercise in juvenile humour, I’m still surprised they got away with that one.

I dunno, man. The Donald & Hillary Show is a tough act to follow. I’ll get out the popcorn, but I’ll keep my expectations low. :2cents:

Lower than for Trudeau?

Swap “conservatives” and “SJW’s” and remove the part about making no claims on Christianity, and you have an interesting description of the early days of the Trump campaign. :yin_yang:

No comment on that one. :slight_smile:

Just like I thought. :wink: