Skype +PC Home join forces in Taiwan & take a huge step backwards

F

I had 3 girls in the office trying to fix my Skype account after I paid 100 usd for 12 months and it reverted to Taiwan system and has never worked since . Lost my money ā€¦ will never use them again :pensive:

Has anyone sent their data and had it work out OK? I mean, seems simple enough to fax a copy of ARC or send a pic of it by email.

Now, as long this is the same hassle for locals, I would ad this to one more discrimination practices.

So I can still buy credit at the convenient store? I think they can be helpful.

Just upload a photo when you recharge on the pchome portal. They verify and send you an email.

Same for locals. Finally somebody doing something against the Taiwanese love of telco fraud.

Yes.

But can the convenience stores do the verification? Or do I need to send my ID in order to buy?

Good to hear it is fair hassle.

ID verification online. After that recharge as you wish.

Sigh. Thank you again.

Try paypal.
My paypal account was set up back home 20 years ago though.
Skype just tops up from PC home when my funds get low. Never been sent to PC home even before I set it as automatic.

Iā€™m fucking done with Skype! Does anyone else use a different VOIP service? The other ones I remember are MagicJack and Vonage, does anyone use those? Any good? Less bullshit? any other services that actually fucking work in Taiwan?

1 Like

I use voip.ms with a local number that costs me 0.99$ USD a month and calling home costs 0.0052$ per minute (but usually I just use free online video chat via https://meet.jit.si/). Easy to set up on your phone with no extra apps usually (android, maybe iphone too?). Fuck skype.

1 Like

My Skype credit ran out a couple of weeks ago. Buying credit via paypal does not work anymore, like mentioned, you are redirected to pchome for some utter shite payment service. Iā€™m totally done with skype.

But itā€™s not a problem, my father now has a smart phone. LINE app also does voip calls with webcam.

That looks interesting. How long have you used them?

I really need a cheap way to call landlines. My mom and dad do not do app chats. Heck, my father refuses to get a smart phone. Mom still does not get the concept of Wazzup service.

3 years I guess.

I think I covered it before but I did set up a new Skype account in Taiwan using a VPN showing it was in my home country.

1 Like

Me too. Connected VPN to Seattle whilst sitting in Taiwan. Created a new Skype account. Never had a problem adding money since.

1 Like

So I have been trying to upload my ID copies so I can reactivate my Skype account. Is there some block for foreign ID users? Do they accept only faxes from atogas? The button is there, it simply wonā€™t activate.

Iā€™ve only skimmed the thread, but I was also able to add money recently by using a free/trial VPN to pretend I was in the UK so I didnā€™t need to make payment on PC Home. Iā€™d be reluctant to send out copies of my ID just to be able to use Skype anyway, personally.

No its definitely doable. You have to wait a few days to verify the docs.

The thing is that the uploading is not working for me. I did it easily for EZWay, pun intended. This thing simply refuses to upload. Hence, my problem.

Getting to the right screen took a lot of effort. It is all in small print Chinese. Then I get to the uploading point and press the buttonā€¦press the buttonā€¦press the buttonā€¦sigh

VPN will not work for me. I have no US credit card/ID.

Do you have a paypal account? Are they available in Taiwan?
You should be able to use that.
I donā€™t even need to use a VPN to pay with paypal now.