Slap ass?

I play on a baseball team. After many years of playing in the states I’ve been conditioned to encourage, congratulate, and build comradery by slapping another player’s ass. But apparently this is not how ball players do it here. How do I fit into my team without slapping their asses when they hit a home run? Or should I try to start the culture of slap ass on my team as a cultural understanding?

I had the same problem at first.
High fives are the preferred gesture of congratulation and encouragement.

High fives are just not fulfilling. It’s like they give one to everyone these days. Oh you striked out, high five, oh you hit a grounder, good job putting the bat on the ball here’s a high five. It’s just doesn’t properly communicate the degree of satisfaction I feel for a player’s ability and skill.

Maybe you two can hook up and get it out of your systems IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :howyoudoin:

I guess Brett Favre wouldn’t have fit in well with the sports culture here.

I don’t know any slap ass clubs in the Taipei area.

Oh, I really should read the OP before posting. :blush:

How does the OP know his teammates don’t like it?

I’m also unhappy with the lack of slap ass I receive. How do I gauge how my teammates view my performance? How can I tell my teammate’s affinity towards me.

1 Like

This could be the worst thread ever. Well done.

It doesn’t work that way. A slap ass must be earned. It is the pinnacle of team building since I was a child. You can’t just slap someone’s ass for no reason, thats sexual harassment.

I tried, saying things like “good eye!!” " way to run that play out" “good throw” and other baseball cliche sayings of encouragement. But I just feel this emptiness when I play ball without a proper slap ass. All I ever known is to hit home runs and slap ass.

OK, big fella, just spitballing here.

So you’re suffering mightily for being denied the opportunity to make manual contact with your teammates’ taut, athletic, base stealing-honed, Ricky Henderson-esque buttocks.

AND YET

You have posted more than once about your consummate discomfort with the idea of one dude being physically (and/or emotionally, one assumes) intimate with another dude.

:ponder:

I know I’m not your therapist…but if I WERE your therapist, well…

The slap ass is totally not sexual. If it is for you, you’re doing it wrong. It’s a sign of acceptance.

In case some of you guys are thinking I’m being serious, i’m just joking around. But it is interesting that i’m the only one spiting tobacco and doing american baseball things here while I see a dude warm up playing catch with a cig in his mouth. Now that takes skills.

You should be careful about being too spiteful. It may one day turn around and slap you on the ass. :2cents:

Guy

:astonished:

:popcorn:

Too late?

Too late.

Never mind.

should I buy a bag of betel nuts to share with my teammates?

I saw on TV that the Taiwanese pros were slapping ass after RBI’s or runs were driven in.

I don’t see why local pick-up teams wouldn’t mimic that.

[quote=“ranlee”]I saw on TV that the Taiwanese pros were slapping ass after RBI’s or runs were driven in.

I don’t see why local pick-up teams wouldn’t mimic that.[/quote]

Exactly, that how they got to the pros. Like there’s no incentive to drive in a run when I don’t get my ass slapped. Like whats the point?

I don’t think that slapping asses is conducive to team building

I never understood this homo-erotic gesture of team camaraderie in US.

try a dick grab instead?

1 Like