Softball in Taipei

Any one know what happened to the Softball league in Taipei? Any info on how to join? Thx.

Bad news:
There used to be a Men’s Softball League that played very weekend at the Taipei American School in Tien Mu. But that league folded about 2 years ago due to complaints from the neighbors from all the homeruns that I …uh… some people hit that flew into their balconies.

Good news:
There are hundreds of local softball teams around Taipei that play in leagues and tournaments.

Bad news:
There is only one ‘forgein’ team that plays around these leagues-the Budweiser Kings.

Good news:
They and the local teams always welcome new players.

If you or anyone else reading are really interested in playing, mail me at:

stu@pathfindermail.com

I can help you get more information.

Rampage,

The league went underground for about two and half years. Rhetorical games were palyed in bar rooms around Taipei during that time. Except of course for what Rick France managed to keep together in the local leagues under the Budweiser Kings banner. We’ve got it back together now and there are preasoson games open to all comers on Saturday Feb 15th and Sunday February 16th at the Taipei American School in Tien Mu. Starting time is 1pm. Regular league play will begin on the 22nd of February. You can contact Joe Duffer (duffer@so-net…net.tw), the Asst. league Secretary for details.

Chou

Rampage,

The league went underground for about two and half years. Rhetorical games were palyed in bar rooms around Taipei during that time. Except of course for what Rick France managed to keep together in the local leagues under the Budweiser Kings banner. We’ve got it back together now and there are preasoson games open to all comers on Saturday Feb 15th and Sunday February 16th at the Taipei American School in Tien Mu. Starting time is 1pm. Regular league play will begin on the 22nd of February. You can contact Joe Duffer (duffer@so-net…net.tw), the Asst. league Secretary for details.

Chou

Hi!

Does anyone know if there is any softball teams to join in Taipei? Rec or competitive, don’t care.

Thanks!

I guess no one is interested or has no information about playing softball in Taipei. :frowning:
Anyone know any leagues that I could join? Or where I can get this info? I brought my glove and shoes and nowhere to play.

Hey,

I’m currently in the states now, but I’ll be back in Taiwan in a few months. I know of a few baseball leagues that I regularly participate in (they’re pretty darn competitive), and I could get you some info if you’re into that!

There is a league that plays at the American School in Tienmu. Don’t know when the season runs, but do know that they play on Sundays.
I’ll pm you the name of a guy that plays and you can contact him.

Good luck,
CK

We are a young and fun group of guys who drink beer and love to play baseball. BUT we are playing SOFTBALL (big ball). Come join our team…You don’t have to be a great player but you must be commited to come every Sunday and be able to make the odd game on saturday and maybe even a practice…Some games will be in Tien-Mu and some in Shihlin…This will be a lot of fun, and things are going to start up fast…Please call me directly and ASAP

Graeme 091229-5244 thank you!

If anyone is serious about coming out to play some softball. We do play at the Taipei American School on the weekends from around 10-6 (depending on the schedule). It’s an almost all foreigner team who play against other foreigners. Just come out and watch or ask to join. There are some teams who are still looking for some guys who want to come out and play ball.

Hi All,

I am currently running a Taiwanese Softball Team in Neihu, Taipei. So far we have participated in two different softball leagues in Taipei every Saturday. What we need are reliable, dedicated and passionate players who would like to devote him/herself to the team and teammates. Most of us are humorous middle-age guys from different occupations. We are not very sporty, compared to most male softball teams in US, but we do have lot of joy every Saturday.

Male and female players are both welcomed to play. (We have two ladies already) Basic softball knowledge and some Chinese communication skill would be required. Welcome to visit our website and album:

Team site: wolves.rr.nu (in Chinese)
Team Album: picasaweb.google.com.tw/fight.bluewolves

Welcome to leave message in our site! If you are interested in playing softball every Saturday, please don’t be hesitated to let us know. As a well-organized team, we do have some disciplines to make this team work smoothly. However, the rules would help you if you really love playing softball. ( You don’t want to show up at the field and found out your team are 4-6 players short, do you?)

My e-mail is ecodiablo at gmail.com

Love to see you guys at the field!!

do you guys still play?

I’m curious about what it takes to maintain a “pick-up” softball team in Taiwan. What are the costs involved? What kind of roles and key reponsibilities need to be nailed down before a group can seriously put a team together?

Do you think it’s possible to put together a club team for Forumosans who
(1) speak English,
(2) are in it primarily for fun, and
(3) cannot commit to a long-term stay in Taiwan.

With summer in Taiwan more than half over, this type of planning could be done for next year - unless leagues are year-round so we could see if we could field a team. After all many Forumosans arrive in Taiwan in Sept/Oct - as students, teachers, and as families in time for the school year.

I would hope such a team could play games against established Taiwan clubs, high school teams, and maybe even expat tournaments, like shanghaisoftball.com

What do you think?

is this still on going?

Still no word on this … Cmon where all the Diamond players at!!!

I am finally forming a team instead of hunting one down to join, if anyone is of interest, please PM me.

Teamx747@yahoo.com or check out one of the threads here. We are going strong and always looking for more players!!

Team is still going strong, if interested send me a PM.

Join the team page for more info https://www.facebook.com/groups/809971865748133/

Anyone looking to join a softball team in Taipei? Saturday only, if interested join the link below and message Chris.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/809971865748133/