Spouse Visa for Taiwan

Hi there,

If you are a foreigner with a valid ARC sponsorship for Taiwan and your wife is from mainland China, are they able to get a residency visa as well to live in Taiwan?

Ideally they could live as well as work. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
David

I don’t think she would qualify to work on a dependent ARC.

I think she should be able to get a dependent ARC tied to you. Not sure what the procedure is though.

I cannot find any information on a Chinese spouse of a foreigner with an ARC. She might need to get a passport of your country.

I guess a mainland Chinese cannot get any kind of ARC.

Marriage to a Taiwanese can be a reason to reside, but I’m not sure about marriage to a foreigner with an ARC.

I’d recommend to ask your questions to NIA, if you wouldn’t get a sure answer here.

Your wife can come to Taiwan, but I’m not sure yet she can reside or not.

外籍配偶在臺工作居留,其大陸配偶可否申請來臺?
https://www.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1083781&ctNode=29665&mp=1

大陸地區人民,有下列情形之一者,得申請進入臺灣地區:
一、為取得永久居留許可且在臺灣地區居住之外國人之配偶、未成年子女或身心障礙且無法自理生活之已成年未婚子女。
二、為外國官方或半官方機構派駐在臺灣地區者之配偶或未成年子女。
三、為受聘僱在臺灣地區從事就業服務法第46條第1項第1款至第6款、第48條第1項第1款或第3款工作之外國人、香港或澳門居民之配偶、未成年子女或身心障礙且無法自理生活之已成年未婚子女。

資料來源 入出國事務組‧陸務科
聯絡電話 (02)23889393
更新日期 2016/2/4

If you have an ARC you can apply for an exit entry permit for PRC immediate family members to live in Taiwan get national health insurance, open a bank account etc. They wont currently give a TARC or work rights.

The first step would be to get your marriage certs - and any other PRC documents that you want to use in Taiwan - notarised via ARATS/ Straights exchange foundation.

pm me if you are actually going to do this, I can give you some advice

1 Like