Star Wars Episode 8 Spoiler Discussion

Yeah, but isn’t that what’s wrong with Hollywood? I think Star Wars does a pretty good job in casting near nobodies for main characters and so far, it’s done pretty good for itself.

I’m not even mad at the casting, I’m mad that they just…didn’t expand on the possibilities that Abrams opened up in Force Awakens, in The Last Jedi, but instead went in a completely different direction. Which I guess is good, but freakin’ a, they only have 120-150 minute movie to wrap things up.

Oh, my naive friend…you think episode 9 will be 120-150 minutes? It will be 278 minutes long and Disney will charge 2x for the tickets, and right when the end credits start rolling you’ll see:“Star Wars episode IX - PART 1 : the end”.

I hate how I know you’re right.

dat Angelababy tho…

1 Like

Star Trek had a planet full of American Indians. How come Star Wars never had any Indians?

Star Trek even had planets filled with early 1900s gangsters and Nazis, basically any spare costumes from other movies they had in the studio were a good way to come up with new episodes.

Native Americans = minuscule market + not a strong “mah diversity” appeal = no go for Disney

A planet full of Indian Indians from India is more likely to happen.

Good heavens that was boring to the n power. In spite of all the explosions, there is no click.

The main reason to watch the next one is to see how the CG Leia looks.

I heard that in order to solve the problem of Fisher being dead, Leia was going to turn to the dark side, and be put in a pink Darth Vader suit.

Actually, they’re adamant that they’re not gonna.

I re-watched it at my friend’s and then watched it again on the plane all within 48 hours to see if I missed anything when I saw it in theaters. Nope…didn’t miss much.

Nonetheless, first time hearing that the movie was “boring”.

I’m quite curious as to why? Not enough lightsabers or not enough bearded men. I thought Luke had enough beard to cover for the rest of the cast.

I am biased not being a SW fan but the Titanic deja vu was strong with this one. When you have me begging for a character to die halfway through, it is bad. And there were too many of those moments and characters.

1 Like

Tell me about it. I honestly thought Finn should’ve died. That would’ve opened up episode 9 to so many possibilities. However, now we have some stupid ass love triangle.

The Mary Poppins thing I thought was ok and I’m willing to let it go. Nonetheless, the new storyline between the three people I mentioned is most utterly useless because we spent all of episode 7 trying to figure out why F had a thing for R or if whether F had a thing for R.

No, before that. Everyone had impossible close calls, and not just the Mary Poppins.

Well look, Star Wars had two honest-to-God classics, then sold out to merchandizing for the third movie. The rest are…mixed, to put it charitably. Oh yeah, and Rogue One was good. But these movies aren’t cultural events any more than Star Trek movies are.

1 Like

Oh my God…now that you mentioned that half assed love triangle…you know what’s going to happen, right? A threesome Poe + Finn + Guendaline, for the ultimate progressive Star Wars movie.

Well…if it makes you feel any better. It’s not a Star Wars movie without a bad romance story line.

Wait since when… Legit thought you were.

I LOVE Titanic. #guiltypleasure #jackbae4eva

You 100% have a right to feel that way, but most of the world would disagree.

Sounds incredible. Is person 3 the purple hair admiral? Can’t ever remember her name.

Leave it to you to blur things in a spoiler specific discussion thread. :nerd_face::rainbow:

I took it to be Poe + Finn + Captain Phasma - played by Gwendoline Christie, probably better known as Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones.

Oh, haha. Captain Phasma’s so cool, sorely underserved.

Likely the last person on earth who hasn’t watched a single episode of Thrones, but go her!

Still a hot combo :wink: .

Admiral Tumblr died!

“Guendaline” is the name I give to the asian girl who’s into Finn, I can’t remember her name because her character is the worst. So it will be a threesome with people from 3 different ethnic background, one of them being gay (I assume Poe will not be into Guendaline), one being bisexual (for Finn everything is fine as long as they still breath) and Guendaline…uhm…I’m not sure if her being an heteronormative woman who’s into guys will be good enough for Disney in 2018…maybe she’ll turn out to be transgender? Who knows! We’ll have to wait in line for the first screening of the movie to be the first to know!!!11

And by “we” I mean “YOU”, because for me episode 9 will get “The Last Jedi” treatment, so I’ll wait for pirate bay.

Rose. (Which raises the question of whether roses exist in the galaxy far, far away, and if so, what other earth-native species they have as well. Besides humans, of course.)