Starbucks Cinnamon Rolls Suck, so what are the alternatives?

In Tienmu lately! Nice when they have it.

4 Likes

Damn just as the Latvian ice cream wave of Summer 2021 is finally receding, you spring this on me? :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

These are new

3 Likes

whoa

1 Like

Oh no.

So Costco’s closed at 10pm on Sunday night, I guess?

1 Like

Eating Costco ones now. :slight_smile:

Those look dangerous af.

Guy

1 Like

No, not at all, I’d totally be able to buy a bunch of those, put them in the freezer, and ration myself to one roll every day or two.

Just like all those times this summer I bought a few Latvian ice cream bars at a time (after all, discount!) that would last me several days that accidentally turned out to be dinner because who wants to eat a meal after two or three ice cream bars?

1 Like

I saw those cinnamon rolls at Costco and almost posted a picture.

I can’t imagine they will have any taste of cinnamon.

Probably thick chewy bread and sugary icing.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Those costco ones look nasty as all hell. I cant think of any shops names at the moment, but i have had really good ones throughout taiwan. Usually independant coffee shop type places. Proper cinnamon, appropriate sugar and NOT a kg of icing goop on top haha.

I also agree with up above, starbucks has a very poor cinnamon source. Their coffee, deserts etc all SUCK when it comes to cinnamon. Basically 3 fold: its the wrong variety, its harvested poorly, and its either stored improperly/too long or processed wrong. Just yuck. But when one reads their sourcing terms and contract, its no wonder quallity suppliers avoid them like the plague!

Did you know that if you happen to find an old McDonald’s cinnamon roll in the fridge, pour about 1/2 cup of water over it and pop in microwave for 30 seconds, good as new, which is a very low bar anyway.

:rofl:

Guy

correct me if i’m wrong, but Oma’s german bakery (there’s one in Gongguan but they do have other locations) sell cinnamon rolls, or something similar at least.

P.S : 線上購物(第1頁列表) - Omas 歐嬤德式美食 Here, you can even order them.

I’d say Oma’s baking is not the worst in town, but also far from the best. The rolls sold at Maruili (in Wanlong / Jingmei) and at Petite Perle (near Dongmen) smack them down quite forcefully. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

totally noting these addresses, i love them cinnamon bois.

1 Like

Texas Tom’s sin-oh-man rolls. Accept no substitutes.

1 Like

Pop up only? Or does Tom now have a storefront?

Guy

1 Like

Pop up, and they sell out quickly. He’ll do special orders, though.

2 Likes

Please let the virus situation be such that there can be a pop-up at Crafted this coming Friday … please please please …

1 Like

I’m not overly impressed. Too much overload of sugary icing over bread and I didn’t taste much cinnamon. Kind of like someone just opened up a big tub of icing and poured it down my throat

To borrow a quote