Starbucks Cinnamon Rolls Suck, so what are the alternatives?

Taiwanese like to eat toast and distaste cinnamon, Starbucks is right on the money here! :rofl:

Seems as I need to start baking again for the foreign community, well, not just the waffles that we do now.

When youā€™re a chef and canā€™t find your spice, turn to a ā€˜Chinese medicineā€™ store, they probably have it when you can figure out the Chinese translation, itā€™s cheaper and they even grind it up for ye if needed!

1 Like

how about that liang liang hao place?

Hope to see you one day. If you are coming along the coast we are at the 78.4km marker to turn up for the golden waterfalls. Street signs will guide you from there.

FB_IMG_1508913262887

Those look suspiciously like Starbucks or Cinnabon product. I suppose appearances can be deceiving though.

1 Like

Correction:
Taiwanese like to eat warm bread. Calling it bread is a stretch of the imagination too.

If I ever order toast when eating out that I expect to be actually toasted, I have to send it back at least twice.

3 Likes

the toasted sandwiches can be good though. but the 1 piece of toast from brekfast shopsā€¦no.

I like that place

I just read this news and thought Iā€™d resurrect this thread. After the awful cinnamon rolls weā€™ve had at Starbucks, could this be redemption for them?

ā€œwith ingredients imported from Franceā€.

Okay imported a pound of sugar from France but the rest are the cheapest shit we can find available from anywhere in the world. Made Taiwan style. Which makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

Fresher crap is still crapā€¦it just smells stronger.

Still suck. I canā€™t even believe thereā€™s any cinnamon.

3 Likes

They just donā€™t compare to the real thing

2 Likes

:eek: :happyrunningaround:

Iā€™ve seen some legit looking cinnamon buns/rolls at the Sogo in Zhongxiao Fuxing.

Terrible food there.

Iā€™m not saying thereā€™s a donut law, but slicing a donut in half, spreading strawberry between the halves, and then sticking it back together can hardly be called a cream-filled donut.

Looks pretty grossā€¦

Amazing Cinnamon Rolls available here for order https://www.feedthewife.com.tw/

2 Likes