Staying in Taiwan to find a job after studying

I’ve heard that foreign students are allowed to legally stay in Taiwan for a certain period of time after they finish their studies to look for work. I was wondering how this works? For instance, if I undertook one or two semesters of Chinese language studies in Taiwan, would I be granted the same length of time to stay in Taiwan to find a job as somebody who did a two-year master’s degree? And how long does the government allow people who just finished studying to stay?

Basically, looking for a job while I’m actually in the country is my main priority for considering studying Chinese in Taiwan, but I’m wondering if this would be viable.

Correct. In principle this works like any other extension. You do need to bring your degree certificate though.

No, under these circumstances you do not qualify. The policy is aimed at retaining foreign graduates of Taiwan universities for the local HR pool, not foreign language students.

There are plenty of people who came to study Chinese and then stayed for work. You can use the search function.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! It’s a shame that the extension doesn’t apply to language learners. I guess it’s not really a big deal, because I would look for a job while studying. But the piece of mind of being able to stay a bit longer if I can’t find a job within that timeframe would have been nice.