students seen dressed as Arabs mocking them by carrying toy machine guns

Except it is.

I don’t think people realise how similar the Bible and the Kuran are. The Islam today isn’t that far away from what the Christianity was decades ago.

1 Like

Come on Admin…

lets’ quote:
‘‘The survey involved a total of more than 38,000 face-to-face interviews in 80-plus languages. It covered Muslims in 39 countries’’

it means the report is about 1000 persons per country
i stopped reading after those numbers.
it says it all

How wrong can it be?
Shall we judge upon this not so accurate report?

Are you saying 1000 is too small a sample size? I think it’s well within accept polling methodology. Any other poll I’ve seen tells a similar story, and confirmation by way of real world events is never ending.

1 Like

i do think so.
But hey i may be wrong- maybe 1000 is the norm.

lets ask 1000 foreigner in Taiwan what they think about their salary.
But where are going to find these 1000 foreigners — ?
asking guys from factories, fishermens, english teacher, businessmen, guys in xinyi area or zhongli area…
i guess stat will all be affected and always be affected with a 1000 persons.

No its not. You are just writing stuff on the internet that you think sounds right.

I’m not defending Christianity, I’m saying that it doesnt imagine itself as the final religion on the planet. The two religions are quite different in conception and practice, just because they are Abrahamic religions, doesnt make them the same.

1 Like

So you are refuting findings from the company which is seen as the benchmark for social research ? There are always issues with representativness, in social statistics, but I think Pew have their sampling down.

Sorry if the findings dont fit your agenda

i have ZERO agenda.

just looking at the numbers and it seems pretty crazy-
But still think 1000— maybe 100000 is still very low

you take a coin a flip it million times—51% vs 49% - same rsult in election or any other question with a yes or no as answers but seeing stuff of 80%+
iam in shock.
according to the numbers iam pretty happy to say that iam very happy that my friends and part of the family are still alive there and still practise their religion without any sharia stuff.
the numbers are alarming

That’s how sampling works.

1 Like

yup-

never heard about pew -
checking that stuff and it is AMAZBALL
loving it

i guess my judgment is biaised by knowing only a certain part of the population
learning every day

thanks @tempogain
pretty cool stuff tbh

2 Likes

I think you will find that not all Christians are as enlightened and open-minded as you.

Huh? One founder was a non violent person. Claimed to be the son of God and allowed the powers of the time to kill him to be sacrificed for all men. Never controlled a army or an empire or any government position.

Another’s founder was a war lord who controlled an empire that spread by the sword quite effectively I might add. Preached it’s ok to be violent towards people that oppressed them and acted with action to back it up.

Very different.

2 Likes
  1. I’m not a Christian
  2. I’m talking about the scriptures and how they are taught.

Christianity doesnt imagine itself as the final religion on the earth. Thats not a central tenet of Christianity. Unless you are able to prove otherwise

2 Likes

Maybe there’s some other way of reading the following, but it seems to point in one direction to me (please note that I am neither promoting nor denigrating Christianity herein–I’m merely pasting scriptural text):

Matthew 25:31-32:

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:31-32 KJV - When the Son of man shall come in his - Bible Gateway

Acts 15:16-18:

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Acts 15:16-18 KJV - After this I will return, and will - Bible Gateway

Revelation 19:13-16:

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Revelation 19:13-16 KJV - And he was clothed with a vesture - Bible Gateway

1 Like

And a lot of the problems with Islam is that Muhammad is so contradicting in his actions and word sometimes and his words also contradict so much that Islamic scholars have to make a doctrine that his words later on in his life is worth more than his earlier words. He created huge problems because of this because Muslims have to decide which words and look at his actions and say decide what their vast interpretation of it is. It’s not like Christians debating is Jesus really meant if people are eating the actual flesh of Jesus or not or is baptism by water is required. And don’t forget Muhammad created an empire and the Muslim world lost it. An theocratic empire also. So Islam to be isn’t just a religion. It ties into how the government should be unlike other religions that don’t demand a theocratic government. Actually Jesus and in the Bible says that people should respect the laws of the land and don’t dictate that the government must be theocratic. Muhammad was a very different story.

Yeah it sounds like it says the end of days that God should return and be the king of kings not a single man. Not that man must force nations into a theocracy for god. It actually pretty much confirms that some nations would not believe in god and some people might not believe god and be part of his new kingdom. It never says makes the world believe in god or else.

And it’s really about the a new not earthly kingdom, but the kingdom of heaven. You don’t have to believe in it. I’m not sure I do. But it’s pretty clear earth is not that kingdom and we aren’t suppose to or is it going to be a theocratic place with god.

I don’t pertend to be able to match Christian or Islamic scholars in understanding all the doctrines of each religion and be able to understand fully the Quran. But I’m damn sure I can be in a conversation historically about the actions of Muhammad and his successors which we can very easily track historically. And I do believe Jesus was a real historical person like most historians, whether he’s was the son of god is another story. Just like I never claim if Muhammad is a prophet or not. It’s their actions that reveal most to me as they are the originators and the source of the religion. And historically, things don’t look good for Muhammad.

And come on @Charlie_Jack . Which religion is causing the most problems for people today? You’re not seeing problems with Jewish, Buddhist, Jewish or Hindu terrorist that are blowing up things and killing people and each other. Some outliers and quack jobs sure. But which religion if I say negative things about would I be most in danger of.

But man sometimes tried to do that, even in our own backyard:

The victories of 1635 and 1636 had demonstrated the power of the Dutch god and discredited the teachings of the inibs.
. . .
Villagers were summoned to church services by the firing of muskets or cannon–a symbolism not lost on the natives. . . . Failure to attend church might be punished by a fine.

–John Robert Shepherd, Statecraft and Political Economy on the Taiwan Frontier, 1600-1800 (66)

[Historian John] Wills . . . aptly calls them “blunderbuss Christians.”

Shepherd (463)

Sure I’m not denying man have taken both religions and did things like kill in the name of their religion. But the example is 1600+ years after the founding of Christianity, did Jesus or his disciples or ask his disciples to create earthly nations of god or else? The source @Charlie_Jack look at the source. No doubt there are morons who can take any religion and force it onto people. I think if you’re being honest you can see that it’s clear. There are no issues of any other religion creating mass issues besides Islam in the 21st century.

Which major religion today, is causing issues of terror @Charlie_Jack . I think if you answer this honestly you’ll see the truth.

Ok, thats a little but different than what I was saying. Christianity talks of a judgement day, but Islam literally imagines itself as the final religion on the planet and emboldens believers to bring about this prophecy. This is the reason for the rapid expansionism in the early days of Islam, before and after Mohammed’s death. Mohammed and the early Muslims were constantly at battle as they were living out this prophecy.

I’m not defending Christianity, but rather saying on this point, its fundamentally different from Islam.

Irgun of Jews is too old to say today’s issue?

A teacher in Taiwan only cares about teaching his/her subject, no more, no less. They obviously have no clue what’s going on outside of their bubble.

1 Like