Stupid, Racist Australians

Most of the AFL fans I know put it down to racism. Of course, most of my family and friends aren’t racist and more than a few refer to Australia Day as Invasion Day. Perhaps the majority of people I’ve known are not representative of the rest of the country.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]I looked into the Goodes story, horrific how the fans treated him given his legendary record in the game. And yes he has been singled out for racist abuse, there is no doubt about it. He stood up and made a statement and there’s always people that want to put you back down.

news.com.au/sport/afl/if-you … f6219be1fe
Does not say much for the fans from a racial perspective OR as decent human beings, whatever their motivations.[/quote]

Absolutely disagree about the racial element, being Australian and having watched most of his 300 plus games he was indeed a great player along with so many other past and current indigenous players.

Even in the media at the time there was a lot of divided opinion.

The media for the most part IMO are scum that sensationalize stories, the fact is he isnt well liked… Thats what led to the booing IMO

I dont boo whether it be opposition teams or my own team performing badly, thats more me and my upbringing i guess.

Goodes took it personally and felt it was racist, again i ask why there are so many past and present indigenous players that are worshiped and hereos in the AFL that on a weekly basis are not booed?.

A broader topic about treatment of Indigenous people in Australia and how the government has continually over decades ignored them then i would agree, but the Goodes case IMO is quite simply he wasnt liked!

Fox, did you ever try Canberra? I left Canberra to get away from people like you (that and the total lack of jobs) so you’d probably fit right in. The only problem is the terrible weather… And the total lack of jobs.

You’re Joking right? Or you’ve never been to China?

Thats why im leaving australia and moving to taiwan. I visited Taipei and Kaohsiung recently. I now know what it feels like to be able to go outside my house and not feel anxious about getting abused by a stranger.

Look: Australia has Taiwanese politicians. How many Australian politicians does Taiwan have?

Which country is more racist?

2 Likes

A one nation Taiwanease politician? People say racism is born of ignorance. If that is a statement about what a horrible seed ignorance then that post is about to spawn a snake headed hydra.

3 Likes