Stupid, Racist Australians

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]
Fox is suffering reverse culture shock. The average aussie is no more ignorant than the average Taiwaner. Most people in all countries are ignorant as fuck.[/quote]

You’re so cute.

Equal levels of ignorance, yes, but Australians can be aggressive and just flat out rude. It’s much rarer with Taiwanese (unless you come across one of those hysterical drama queens).

Fox, I seem to remember being chided by you for saying I hated Australia a while back, and saying that I didn’t really know what I was talking about. I feel a little bad but :stuck_out_tongue: Told you so! XD

Where are you living, btw? Woodridge!? You’re in Brissy, right? To be honest, I know exactly what you mean about the weather. I HATE the weather here. It’s too bloody cold and there’s not a decent beach for hours and hours, and the closest decent beach is only just passable (too many bloody people, though at least they mostly just sort of stand on the sand and look at the water). If I ever moved back I’d probably go WAY up north - like Townsville. City Australians suck ass, real, proper country Aussies are pretty awesome. Though they might be more racist, I’ve never discussed race with them. :ponder:

And everybody’s giving Queenslanders a hard time, and I wanted to say ‘Queenslanders aren’t that bad!!!’ but then… I think 90% of Australians are ignorant, racist pricks, and I always lived in Queensland :aiyo: Maybe you can try Melbourne, but then you have to put up with everybody talking about how great Melbourne is all the time. And the weather. So Sydney?

[quote=“tsukinodeynatsu”][quote=“Charlie Phillips”]
Fox is suffering reverse culture shock. The average aussie is no more ignorant than the average Taiwaner. Most people in all countries are ignorant as fuck.[/quote]

You’re so cute.

Equal levels of ignorance, yes, but Australians can be aggressive and just flat out rude. It’s much rarer with Taiwanese (unless you come across one of those hysterical drama queens).[/quote]

You don’t understand Australian culture. We’re not being rude and aggressive, just friendly.

And Taiwanese? I bought a six pack on my way home from work today. After finishing the six pack, I went back to the supermarket for another. The checkout girl says “you already finished one and you are buying another?”.

Talk about rude and fucking agressive… :noway:

You don’t understand Australian culture. We’re not being rude and aggressive, just friendly. [/quote]

Course I don’t. I was only raised there.

[quote]And Taiwanese? I bought a six pack on my way home from work today. After finishing the six pack, I went back to the supermarket for another. The checkout girl says “you already finished one and you are buying another?”.

Talk about rude and fucking agressive… :noway:[/quote]

As annoying as it is, it’s 關心 guanxin (showing consideration). Telling you you must be cold is also gaunxin. Telling you you’re getting fat is also guanxin. What she said is the Taiwanese equivalent of ‘Are you sure you can handle another one?’ Not really rude and aggressive.

I’m not going to say that line, but I really, really want to.

[quote]And Taiwanese? I bought a six pack on my way home from work today. After finishing the six pack, I went back to the supermarket for another. The checkout girl says “you already finished one and you are buying another?”.

[quote]As annoying as it is, it’s 關心 guanxin (showing consideration). Telling you you must be cold is also gaunxin. Telling you you’re getting fat is also guanxin. What she said is the Taiwanese equivalent of ‘Are you sure you can handle another one?’ Not really rude and aggressive.

I’m not going to say that line, but I really, really want to.[/quote]

As annoying as it is, what Charlie Phillips wrote is 開玩笑 kaiwanxiao (having a laugh). It’s the foreigner equivalent of “pull my finger.” Not really meant to be taken seriously.

I wasn’t sure, so I figured he was being serious.

[quote=“tsukinodeynatsu”][quote=“Charlie Phillips”]
You don’t understand Australian culture. We’re not being rude and aggressive, just friendly. [/quote]

Course I don’t. I was only raised there.

As annoying as it is, it’s 關心 guanxin (showing consideration). Telling you you must be cold is also gaunxin. Telling you you’re getting fat is also guanxin. What she said is the Taiwanese equivalent of ‘Are you sure you can handle another one?’ Not really rude and aggressive.

I’m not going to say that line, but I really, really want to.[/quote]

It’s OK, you can say it, but you don’t have to. I already know. I don’t understand Taiwanese culture. But I like it. :wink:

I ain’t a bleedin’ Digger, but I am downright rude straight-up.

I often wonder is Gallipoli such a big deal for you lot?

As a fellow member of a former Dominion, I’m quite interested in how we all fought for King and Cuntry.
History is a mofo!

How’s about the Kokoda? That was for sure a great Aussie victory, and an unsung part of the Allied effort.:notworthy: To say nothing of Kapyong, Long Tan, and other equally unheralded victories…:bravo:

“Give me two Australian divisions and I will conquer the world.”

• Erwin Rommel

Case closed.

[quote=“Steviebike”]

Case closed.[/quote]

I’m going to put that on my wall. I think the poms get off a bit lightly though. ART?

I was watching some reality TV show the other day about an English restaurateur who decides to open his own co-operative supermarket to take on the TESCOs of the world. In the eyes of one black woman they are failing miserably because the produce was (in her words) “Just so middle class. Just so Up Your Backside, do you know what I mean?”

As a viewer, I was thinking, “No! I don’t know what you mean. Just so up your backside? What the hell are you talking about and how did that ever come to describe being middle class? Bugger me dead.”

I think Art is for the euro crowd. But, yea the Poms should get a comment! Middle class twats or something (I’m a pom btw). :smiley:

were not racist were just honest. we dont keep a facade like everyone else

Being racist must be the most dishonest form of human behavior there is.

I’ve never met an Australian that I thought was racist. But then again, I only hang with the hard-drinking intelligentsia.

Totally lame comment. You can keep me out of your “we” and stick your racism up wherever it is you keep your apostrophes and capital letters.

To address the less obnoxious comments, Australia is not a particularly racist society in comparison to a lot of others, but it does seem to have a high proportion of morons and ignorant people, many of whom are thoughtlessly, but usually not malevolently, racist.

The OP mentioned people who drive up next to you and bark like dogs . That really reminded me of my younger days and the behaviour of the local bogans. Other than the obsession with buying real estate, this kind of thing is probably the most tiresome aspect of life in Oz.

Totally lame comment. You can keep me out of your “we” and stick your racism up wherever it is you keep your apostrophes and capital letters.

To address the less obnoxious comments, Australia is not a particularly racist society in comparison to a lot of others, but it does seem to have a high proportion of morons and ignorant people, many of whom are thoughtlessly, but usually not malevolently, racist.

The OP mentioned people who drive up next to you and bark like dogs . That really reminded me of my younger days and the behaviour of the local bogans. Other than the obsession with buying real estate, this kind of thing is probably the most tiresome aspect of life in Oz.[/quote]

You haven’t been to Australia recently have you? Some woman at centrelink kept going on about how I cannot apply for student allowance because I’m an “international student” because of my Asian heritage, DESPITE MY AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT.

You should hit the CBD in sydney and see what happens when a group of Asians have a fight with white kids, shit becomes an all our race war.

My kids got the same thing when I was enrolling them in school. The school claimed they weren’t Australian despite the passports in front of them. They said do you have any evidence they are Australian. I wasn’t there but my wife was very confused. They kept asking for proof they had entered Australia. She said they don’t have entry stamps for Australian citizens, but regardless here they are in plain sight with their passports.

yeah, but they seem worse to him back in Oz now because he can finally understand what the fuck they’re all talking about.

:slight_smile:

My kids got the same thing when I was enrolling them in school. The school claimed they weren’t Australian despite the passports in front of them. They said do you have any evidence they are Australian. I wasn’t there but my wife was very confused. They kept asking for proof they had entered Australia. She said they don’t have entry stamps for Australian citizens, but regardless here they are in plain sight with their passports.[/quote]

Yeah they don’t stamp aussies for entering or leaving. But yeah, Australians (whites) are fucking racist when it comes to Asians with Aussie citizenship =.= Lol what did the woman think how your children got in? illegally on a boat despite holding citizenship :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I was last in Australia in October 2011.

Anyway, perhaps I misinterpreted your original comment and got my back up prematurely. Who is the “we” in your remark that “were not racist, were just honest”? Because it sounds like the remark of a typical Aussie westie/bogan and I might have missed some context. My apologies if so.

The Centrelink woman sounds like a thickhead - as does the school admin officer Fox mentioned - and would likely fit into my categorisation of many Aussies being morons and thoughtless about race.

But I still think it’s not the most racist place I’ve heard of. Just to pick some trivial examples, what about Rwanda, where almost a million people were killed due to their ethnic background. What about Russia, where tourists with dark skin are warned to be extremely careful, and central Asians and people from the Caucasus are subject to frequent official and unofficial harassment. There are plenty of examples that go on from there, whether deadly or less so (e.g. countries that allow job or rental advertisements to specify “no foreigners”). Nevertheless, the bogan mentality is sadly on the rise in AU and racism is a part of it, IMHO.