Stupid, Racist Australians

Fortigun, I’m bored with the argument, but even if we don’t agree with the reasons ethnic cleansing was the result aided and abetted by government policy of the day. It’s obvious that they were removed from their land and the island itself mainly to make Tasmania amenable to settlment by the Europeans.

Well I don’t won’t get into an argument either, so I won’t. There is a great book about Tasmania called: In Tasmania by Nicholas Shakespeare

Most europeans didn’t have a good time in Tas either. I visited the place a couple of years ago and spent two weeks travelling the island. I visited the old prison of Port Arthur, after reading the book and was moved by the whole thing.

The aboriginals were shamelessly removed by despicable measures.

Anyway the book is worth reading. On a lighter note Wineglass Bay is one of the nicest beaches I’ve ever seen.

Recent racism in Australia.

I own the coffee shop in the busiest library in Australia. It was, when I bought it, the busiest in Southern Queensland, but after talking to the librarian last week she told me it is now the busiest Australia wide.

One of my customers asked me why do you only have Chinese staff. I said I don’t some are Taiwanese and some are Chinese. He said I only employ Chinese staff. I said well they are Australian. They have Australian passports or the rights to work in Australia. What’s the problem? Why can’t you employ Europeans? They are friends. They help each other. What’s wrong with that?

Then I find on Channel 7, one of the only three major broadcasters, a TV show in prime time that complains about all these Asians with all this money shopping at Asian only food stores. Give me a break. Are you brain dead? WTF?

This is a truly racist place. Truly.

I don’t know Fox, are you being sarcastic or you just figured out that Queensland/Australia is a racist place ? :slight_smile:

When I worked there I would hear racist statements everyday, especially about the ‘blacks/abos’ but everybody got thrown into the pot including my lot, the Poms, the Wogs, Kiwis, the Chinks, the Japs, the Indos. Yep equal opportunity racism. To me it’s more ignorance than anything else, I didn’t take it too seriously considering the number of foreign born people living and working there. I mean it is a big change that people are experiencing. If you want TRULY racist places Australia is far from top of the list though.

When I was there a local chip owner called Pauline Hansen was running on a ticket of ‘Oz for the Aussies’. She didn’t get very far.

HH2: Actually, if I remember correctly, she got 25% of the vote in Queensland.

Fox: That’s what you get for watching Today Tonight. Creme de la creme television programming there.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]I don’t know Fox, are you being sarcastic or you just figured out that Queensland/Australia is a racist place ? :slight_smile:

When I worked there I would hear racist statements everyday, especially about the ‘blacks/abos’ but everybody got thrown into the pot including my lot, the Poms, the Wogs, Kiwis, the Chinks, the Japs, the Indos. Yep equal opportunity racism. To me it’s more ignorance than anything else, I didn’t take it too seriously considering the number of foreign born people living and working there. I mean it is a big change that people are experiencing. If you want TRULY racist places Australia is far from top of the list though.

When I was there a local chip owner called Pauline Hansen was running on a ticket of ‘Oz for the Aussies’. She didn’t get very far.[/quote]

Actually, I think she got thrown in jail for electoral fraud. However, she is very representative of many people’s nonsense unfortunately.

The other side of Australia is it is overly litigious. Is there a more dangerous combination than a bunch of overly litigious racists?

I ask you.

Yet there’s tons of crap to do with hate speech laws and so on to the point where people, even journalists, have difficulty raising certain questions. PC bullshit has also infected many aspects of ordinary life. The juxtaposition of all of these things is often extremely bizarre.

This just in: Health workers in NSW are no-longer allowed to use the word ‘mate’. They are also not aloud to call each other or clients ‘darling’.

It’s about fucking time:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-workers-on-nsw-north-coast-told-they-cannot-use-word-mate/story-e6frg6n6-1226534327970

Today at my sons school the vice principal told me in Australia, "the law comes ahead of the welfare of the child’. I told her I don’t think so in fact the law is that in the case where a conflict exists between the law and a child’s welfare, the child’s welfare comes first. That is the law. She told me not to be argumentative. Dangerously dumb.

If people worried less about all of this bullshit and more about actually doing a good job the point would be moot. Christ there are some knuckleheads out there, especially in positions of power. Do these people have nothing better to do with their time than dreaming up or enforcing petty diktats? All of this nonsense used to shit me immensely as a teacher. I just wanted to teach.

Aus is the biggest nanny state I’ve lived in. I used to get chewed out for printing out certificates on request and getting them signed on the spot if the manager was available instead of insisting on the ‘In 3 days’ that was policy (even though it literally took 5 minutes, and several people were coming in from VERY far away and we wouldn’t mail them). Why? …I guess because them’s the rules and that’s what you’re supposed to do?

Last TV shoot I went on had two girls who went to Australia to study. We were supposed to be talking about clubs on the Gold Coast and the two ‘VIP Talents’ started talking about walking around Surfer’s and having people yell ‘Fucking Asians!’ at them. Will be interesting to see if they air that bit.

As a side note, maybe the first English phrase we should teach new arrivals should be “Bogan C*nt!” to allow for self-defense? :smiley:

[quote=“headhonchoII”]If you want TRULY racist places Australia is far from top of the list though.

When I was there a local chip owner called Pauline Hansen was running on a ticket of ‘Oz for the Aussies’. She didn’t get very far.[/quote]

I still think there are pockets of racism in Australia: there definitely were in 1980s Queenland where I lived for a year (in Brisbane).
I remember Pollywog cookies being available at the supermarket. Yes, cookies of African caricatures on sale in the supermarket.

Even in left-wing bastions such as the University of Queensland–St. Lucia campus (had a parent attending grad school there: remember attending anti-Sir Joh protests), I often heard liberal arts students complaining about how the Japanese had taken full control of the Gold Coast real estate market. :unamused:

Anti-African commercial products, anti-Asian attitudes (the Australian Labor Party supported such racism by supporting the ‘One Australia’ policy for decades, which was dismantled by the more conservative Holt and Menzies governments ), and that’s not even starting with the attitudes towards Aborigines.

Should we expect more from the descendants of convicts and from the lower-class leftist bogs where the Australian Labor Party goes forth and multiplies from? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :popcorn:

Australians may not be crass enough to vote for a racist Hansen, but that sure the hell doesn’t mean most have the erudition or internationalism of an Andrew Peacock type of politician.

Fraser was the man who really knew how to go commando.

Chewie: your problem was living in Queensland circa Bjelke-Peterson era. They were definitely 50 years behind. Now they’re only 15 years behind the rest.

and No, they’re not Pollywogs, they’re Golliwogs. And they’re not intentionally racist, just historically quaint. A bit like the Taiwanese Adogah.

Yep where I’m from we had The Minstrels who promoted the nations most popular tea brand. Just a remnant from earlier times.

I think you’re getting your policies mixed up. One Australia was the Liberal party immigration policy they introduced in 1988 by John Howard that aimed at reducing or slowing the number / rate of Asian immigration. You’re thinking of the White Australia policy, which incidentally began being dismantled under the Chifley Labor Govt. The ALP weren’t in power between 1949-1972. The policy officially ended in 1973 after a series of amendments by the Whitlam govt.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“ChewDawg”]

Anti-African commercial products, anti-Asian attitudes (the Australian Labor Party supported such racism by supporting the ‘One Australia’ policy for decades, which was dismantled by the more conservative Holt and Menzies governments ), and that’s not even starting with the attitudes towards Aborigines.

[/quote]

I think you’re getting your policies mixed up. One Australia was the Liberal party immigration policy they introduced in 1988 by John Howard that aimed at reducing or slowing the number / rate of Asian immigration. You’re thinking of the White Australia policy, which incidentally began being dismantled under the Chifley Labor Govt. The ALP weren’t in power between 1949-1972. The policy officially ended in 1973 after a series of amendments by the Whitlam govt.[/quote]

You’re right. I meant White Australia policy, which started to be dismantled by the Menzies and Holt governments and was completely removed during Whitlam’s time.

I feel your pain Fox

Some workers quotes
-On smoko partner comes back to truck with a sandwich he got from an Asian bakery. He takes one bite and screams “foreign shit” then bins it

-Goes to another Asian bakery several weeks later buys a laming-ton he comes back to the truck takes a bite and goes apeshit, " FUCKING STINGY ASIAN SHIT!!! when will these gooks learn how to add enough chocolate, how dare they ruin Australian food" … He then proceeded to eat it all after that rant

-“When i go to sunny bank i turned on the lights so the cockroaches all run under the fridge”
-“i don’t like them making my foods, with their grubby hands… you just never know where they have been”
-“Asians manufacture tv’s in a rectangle shape to cater their slanty eyes”
-“generic driver joke+jobstealing+taking over the country”

That particular person is our worst basket case and believe it or not he doesn’t consider himself a racist because he once “had an Asian roommate”

Another person
-Workmate went to buy food in Post office Square, he came back with some Asian cuisine and was going off about foreign fuckwits coming here before they can speak perfect language

Those stories were ones that stuck out from the " Asian" side of racism. Yes that’s right no race is off limits, no one can hide from the typical change fearing Australian.

The real problem in Australia lies with the white trash redneck useless whinging good for nothing dole bludgers that contribute nothing to the country and have the audacity to say they are entitled to be in Australia just because their mother spat them out of her womb all those years ago. Cant forget the branding of their barely roadworthy commodores with the “Fuck off were full” stickers… I would happily swap them out for a “boat person” fleeing their country for a better life

Oh and they ruined the southern cross tattoo for everyone

[quote=“Bees”]
Those stories were ones that stuck out from the " Asian" side of racism. Yes that’s right no race is off limits, no one can hide from the typical change fearing Australian.[/quote]

How’s that different to the change-fearing Taiwanese or anyone else? All countries is same-same country-bumpkins.

Yeah but in Australia they wear it on their sleeve with pride. Especially in Queensland for some reason. Anyway it’s a bit of an island siege mentality. It’s weird because Im also from an island but we never quite got that siege mentality even though we have had experienced a bigger relative influx of immigrants per head of population over the last couple of decades. I mean there is racism and you do hear it around but not to the same extent. Perhaps in the countryside it will be worse.

Normally in places that experience sustained immigration the racist overtones die off like in the UK or in the US or Canada but Australia is a bit of an outlier in some ways. It’s probably more to do with the quite recent settlement pattern and land question around aboriginal rights AND the fact that large parts of Australia are rough and tumble still.

Last time I was in Brisbane where I grewed up, half the bastards in the Queen Street mall were Asians, most of the taxi drivers too, and even a lot of the white fellers were using chopstix during the lunch hour in the food court. How do you call that racist?

Sunnybank is mostly populated by Taiwanese, the botanical gardens are full of Chinese, the Gold Coast is mostly owned by Japanese and you call us a bunch of racists.

Show me one city or area of Taiwan, China, or Japan with the same level of multiculturalism.

Oh, did I mention the Greek dancing or the Italian club?