Suggestions for work in Taoyuan?

Hello all,

I am currently in the midst of applying for the Youth Mobility Program in Taoyuan and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for work while I am there. My girlfriend will be working as an English teacher during the evenings from about 5-9pm. While I wouldn’t mind doing the same, I do not have the qualifications to do so.

I am looking to find something part time as well, as I am not entirely interested in doing a 9-5 job while living there (been doing it my whole life and do not need anything very stressful so I can focus on my music and writing). I have a lot of experience in Sales and Customer service as well as the travel industry, but I also have experience in the restaurant industry and wouldn’t mind looking for something in hostel or hotel work either.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of a place that is hiring part time, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Cheers!

Nice setup man !

Sorry about that! I forgot to include the question mark in the subject line.

No I mean sending out the missus to work a proper job like …

1 Like

Taoyuen is not exactly selective about qualifications to teach English. Most schools will take anyone that speaks English there from what I’ve heard. It’s probably the most amount of money in the least amount of time. Part time jobs in restaurants probably pay like min wage which is what? 130 now? You can literally teach on class and get 600 a hour a day if you wanted part time and make more than a entire day working at a restaurant.

Depending on where in Taoyuan you are, you may be able to commute to New Taipei and even old Taipei by train.

Seems like a ton of experience for a “youth”?

*Disclaimer: I know nothing about the Youth Mobility Program

The term is interchangeable with “working holiday”. Most eligible nationalities are cut off after age 30, but Canadians can apply even at age 35. Maple syrup keeps you young, I guess. :idunno:

1 Like