Superhero movies from now - 2020

They’re nowhere near that creative. The thought process went like this: “What did people like about Star Trek?” “The diverse cast, the sense of adventure, and Kirk and Spock.” “Let’s just… do it all again.”

I think they were terrified of trying another “new” idea after Voyager proved unpopular and Enterprise was… well… Enterprise. So what better than to start over? What I want to know is whether they are planning a new series of Next Generation films when the current cast gets old. That would be… unpleasant.

And I say this all as someone who does not identify as a Star Trek fan. In fact, I’ve probably only seen a dozen episodes of all ST series combined.

Went to watch Big Hero 6. I think Disney and Marvel are going down the right direction. They could modernize a lot of these comics and remember that once these comics were for kids. At the same time not dumb the story down too much. I also love the fact that these super heroes are a bunch of nerds from a nerd school.

Meanwhile, DC keeps “thriving” on the CW…

I can see Big Hero 6 on the Disney channel… toys, they are gonna sell lots and lots of toys…

Stoked for Age of Ultron. Has anyone else seen the new Ant-Man trailer (below)?

Also, lots of photos and updates on Deadpool these past few weeks. In case you missed it, following is the leaked test footage that sent the internet in a frenzy last summer. If the film turns out to be anything like it, I’m a happy camper.

In other news: Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman, X-Men.

Action movies are silly enough that they may as well all have superheroes in them. The only difference between a batman action movie and a regular action movie is that the protagonist is wearing a bat-suit…

[quote]Tell me, do you bleed?

You will.[/quote]

Batman v Superman trailer leaked online last night.

What does everybody else think?

“Tell me, do you bleed?” i.imgur.com/u27Ozpr.jpg

But the trailer looks good.

Now Ant-Man has the proportionate strength of…an ordinary man, which means he can hit people and such. So why are he and Yellowjacket afraid of getting hit by a toy train?

His trailer looks…just all right, not brilliant. But I hope they surprise me–I’ve been a fan since the 1970’s. (Here’s hoping he turns into Giant-Man in the end. I mean…wait for it…the after-credit “stinger”! Nyuk nyuk nyuk)

We also have Fox’s FF to look forward to this fall. I don’t have high hopes for it, but who knows, maybe it will surprise me too.

Bring on Avengers 2!

Lol :slight_smile:

New trailer! Here:

Tired of the superhero saturation yet?

Almost.

It is like Star Trek: compare the Khan story line/emotional level with the Khan story in the reboot. No punch.

What’d be the last straw

[quote=“Icon”]Almost.

It is like Star Trek: compare the Khan story line/emotional level with the Khan story in the reboot. No punch.[/quote]

A scene of The Wrath of Khan in Chinese:

可汗:我要像你遺棄我和遺棄她一般,把你永遠遺棄在這顆死去星球的地心裡,將你活埋,活埋!

寇克:幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹幹~

Snicker, snicker

What’d be the last straw[/quote]

Whatever I can imagine, I know they can do worse…

[quote=“Rockefeller”]
Tired of the superhero saturation yet?[/quote]

not really, just a bit tired of them rebooting stuff by remaking the origin story…

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“Rockefeller”]
Tired of the superhero saturation yet?[/quote]

not really, just a bit tired of them rebooting stuff by remaking the origin story…[/quote]
Have you seen the netflix daredevil series yet? Specifically the pilot, glad they did not boot it with the whole child looses sight, gains powers, trains for crime fighting schtick. Of course the writers do explain some backstory as the series progressed, but they paced themselves well with it, and diving in with matt murdock already fighting crime (albeit without the red suit) was a good approach.

What I’m also curious is what they will do with spiderman, since they are once again sweeping the recent version under the rug and reintroducing the character (with a new actor) in the next captain america movie.

I think the worst part is the Hollywood craze with youth. The actors keep getting more and more “younger”, or rather, infantilized. That is the problem also with the stories.

Talking about TV and other versions, the latest comics and animation films have such deep, dark stuff. I mean, those stories really work and resonate and that is what holds the viewer in place, captivated, rather than, as you said, the blue screen visual fanfare. Way better than the live action movies.

Remember when Star Trek I was criticized so much because it is such a beautiful movie… drifting without a plot? 20 minutes of goggling at the Enterprise in space dock, anyone?

[quote=“Rockefeller”]
What I’m also curious is what they will do with spiderman, since they are once again sweeping the recent version under the rug and reintroducing the character (with a new actor) in the next captain America movie.[/quote]

i’m gonna have to look for the daredevil series.

if I have to see uncle Ben die again…

Didn’t know Avengers age of Ultron is coming out in Taiwan a least a week before the US.

New (or old?) Batman v Superman trailer! Adam west v christopher reeve