Superhero movies from now - 2020

[quote=“hansioux”]Didn’t know Avengers age of Ultron is coming out in Taiwan a least a week before the US.

[/quote]

BTW, they were showing on the news a guy here in Taiwan with an impressive collection of props from The Avengers. I mean, the guy has the power thinghie -the mini generator- that Iron Man crushes in his hand. It is made of rubber on the sides to draw that effect. Not to mention suits and stuff and sooooo cool.

From the trailer, it seems like the Antman’s background would be dramatically different from the comics?

oh wait, they are doing Scott Lang, got it…

Right, and Pym is an older character played by Michael Douglas. There will probably be a flashback to his younger days in the 1960’s in the style of those old Tales to Astonish issues. Jan is gone, and possibly dead, but the couple have a daughter, Hope (Evangeline Lilly), who is from one of those possible-future comics like A-Next. She may well become the Wasp, although nothing has been said yet.

The bad guy, Darren Cross (Corey Stoll), you may remember from those two John Byrne Marvel Premier issues which introduced Scott Lang. Cross was the guy kidnapping homeless people in order to steal their hearts (I mean the actual organ) to replace his own defective one, which causes his whole body to swell up into a giant pink Hulk-type monster (Sigmund Freud, call your office!). In the movie, though, he’ll be the head of a technology company which has acquired the Ant-Man technology, and wlll become Yellowjacket. There will be nothing about organ transplants.

[quote=“Zla’od”]Right, and Pym is an older character played by Michael Douglas. There will probably be a flashback to his younger days in the 1960’s in the style of those old Tales to Astonish issues. Jan is gone, and possibly dead, but the couple have a daughter, Hope (Evangeline Lilly), who is from one of those possible-future comics like A-Next. She may well become the Wasp, although nothing has been said yet.

The bad guy, Darren Cross (Corey Stoll), you may remember from those two John Byrne Marvel Premier issues which introduced Scott Lang. Cross was the guy kidnapping homeless people in order to steal their hearts (I mean the actual organ) to replace his own defective one, which causes his whole body to swell up into a giant pink Hulk-type monster (Sigmund Freud, call your office!). In the movie, though, he’ll be the head of a technology company which has acquired the Ant-Man technology, and wlll become Yellowjacket. There will be nothing about organ transplants.[/quote]
Dang. My dude, you know your comic book trivia.

Suicide squad:

BATMAN V SUPERMAN

SUICIDE SQUAD

Who’s pumped?

When something happens randomly and for no reason, it’s bad storytelling. When something happens by design and is entirely unnatural, it’s bad storytelling. What makes a plot interesting is cause-effect and the consequences that arise. I was originally very, very set on sitting out Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Contrived Film Universe, but one thing in that trailer changed my mind: the wanton destruction from Man of Steel.

I had thought the huge city blocks devastated during that movie were an oversight on the part of the director who was just going Michael Bay-style “let’s just blow everything up and ignore the consequences.” Now it seems that Batman wants to take Superman down precisely because he destroyed the city, and I have to say, that is a pretty good story mechanism. However… I still have 0 desire to see Bruce Wayne’s parents shot. Again. For the third or fourth time.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]When something happens randomly and for no reason, it’s bad storytelling. When something happens by design and is entirely unnatural, it’s bad storytelling. What makes a plot interesting is cause-effect and the consequences that arise. I was originally very, very set on sitting out Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Contrived Film Universe, but one thing in that trailer changed my mind: the wanton destruction from Man of Steel.

I had thought the huge city blocks devastated during that movie were an oversight on the part of the director who was just going Michael Bay-style “let’s just blow everything up and ignore the consequences.” Now it seems that Batman wants to take Superman down precisely because he destroyed the city, and I have to say, that is a pretty good story mechanism. However… I still have 0 desire to see Bruce Wayne’s parents shot. Again. For the third or fourth time.[/quote]
Agreed - Destruction of hundreds of homes and thousands of innocent lives need to have consequences, glad they are addressing it.

Personally I’m more excited for suicide squad though. And an r-rated deadpool (yay).

The Suicide Squad trailer seemed to be implying that Joker would still be the bad guy, and everyone else is out to take him down. Note how he’s absent on the poster where the “heroes” are all assembled.

I’m no follower of the comics and have no knowledge of what the Suicide Squad is, but last time I checked, isn’t Harley Quinn, Joker’s right hand woman?

It seems like the squad is out to take down the Joker, with Harley as part of the squad.

Please tell me this ain’t real:

Enjoy:

Who’s pumped?

[quote=“Rockefeller”]
Who’s pumped?[/quote]

That looks frakking awesome. Who would have thought that the Captain would turn out to be the most interesting character in the Marvel cinema universe…

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“Rockefeller”]
Who’s pumped?[/quote]

That looks frakking awesome. Who would have thought that the Captain would turn out to be the most interesting character in the Marvel cinema universe…[/quote]

The look on tony stark’s face when he reminded steve rogers that he was his friend = great.

Also look forward to seeing tom holland’s new spidey and more ant-man.

[quote=“Rockefeller”][quote=“hansioux”][quote=“Rockefeller”]
Who’s pumped?[/quote]

That looks frakking awesome. Who would have thought that the Captain would turn out to be the most interesting character in the Marvel cinema universe…[/quote]

The look on tony stark’s face when he reminded steve rogers that he was his friend = great.

Also look forward to seeing tom holland’s new spidey and more ant-man.[/quote]

the Trailer actually made Steve Rogers to look a bit liek the bad guy I must say :stuck_out_tongue: which makes it more interesting.

Chances of Civil War topping Winter Soldier? Highly likely.

I got epic nerd chills during and after the trailer and definitely after the final scene.

I’m curious as to Black Panther’s role in this film. He seems to be a neutral third party.

Will the next trailer show clips of Spidey and/or Ant Man? Maybe Ant Man is actually in that short clip of Team Cap charging forward, but you can’t see him haha

Prepare budget for incoming fare:

Doctor Strange will try to watch out of curiosity. Suicide Squad is really promising. Batman vs Superman is a must though, as well as Deadpool. Regarding the game based ones, it can go either way. And I ain’t touching another X-Men movie with a 20 feet pole.

wow… only planning to watch 2 of those…

I was very surprised to see the Warcraft movie trailer when browsing through trailers on Youtube. It doesn’t look too great, but still interesting nonetheless?

I think I’m most excited about Cpt America and the Star Wars Prequel to the original trilogy. Those are musts sees for me since I think my nerd adventure started with watching Return of the Jedi every weekend on VHS.

ICYMI, enjoy: