Superhero movies from now - 2020

Doctor Strange is almost here;

Dunno, dunno…most images shown have been recycled in other movies a million times before. Nevertheless, I have learned to give them time to simmer. Seems the second movie is better than the first when these characters have time to develop.

OTOH, I have fewer hopes about the new Avengers movie. My rule of thumb is that if the ovie is being promoted in ATMs, it is not a good movie…

[quote=“Icon”]Doctor Strange is almost here;

Dunno, dunno…most images shown have been recycled in other movies a million times before. Nevertheless, I have learned to give them time to simmer. Seems the second movie is better than the first when these characters have time to develop.
[/quote]

The visuals look pretty cool. I agree most of the scenes/effects have been done in other movies though.

I still have high hopes in Captain American 3: Civil War. If that movie disappoints me, then I’ll harbor more skepticism for future Marvel films.

I just got free tickets (through girlfriend’s Taiwan mobile benefits) for Civil War on May 1.

I have stopped all watching of the trailer and expectations have been lowered.

I’m ready.

OH MY GOD, CAP DIES AT THE END !!!

(Spoilers!)

Those of you who haven’t seen Captain America: Civil War should LOOK AWAY NOW because this post contains SPOILERS about the DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA! Seriously–don’t look! Just go watch the movie, so you can be surprised in the theater when CAP DIES at the hands of STAN LEE and…ha ha, just fukin with ya!

[quote=“Zla’od”]OH MY GOD, CAP DIES AT THE END !!!

(Spoilers!)

Those of you who haven’t seen Captain America: Civil War should LOOK AWAY NOW because this post contains SPOILERS about the DEATH OF CAPTAIN America! Seriously–don’t look! Just go watch the movie, so you can be surprised in the theater when CAP DIES at the hands of STAN LEE and…ha ha, just fukin with ya![/quote]

Not cool man.

[quote=“Zla’od”]OH MY GOD, CAP DIES AT THE END !!!

(Spoilers!)

Those of you who haven’t seen Captain America: Civil War should LOOK AWAY NOW because this post contains SPOILERS about the DEATH OF CAPTAIN America! Seriously–don’t look! Just go watch the movie, so you can be surprised in the theater when CAP DIES at the hands of STAN LEE and…ha ha, just fukin with ya![/quote]

Well, you spoiled the Civil War comics :stuck_out_tongue:

Saw it over the weekends. The movie was awesome. Although, just watch it in IMAX, don’t need to do IMAX 3D. Aside from Life of Pi, I’ve always found 3D to be more of a distraction. For this film, when the action is fast, 3D starts to get blurry, and it makes me a bit uncomfortable.

The pacing of the movie suffered from having to cram so many characters into the film. Compared to the last Captain America film, there’s less time to build suspense in this film, and less time to think, but I think this one is more discussion worthy than the last one. It’s pretty obvious that Cap was right in previous films, but this time fans can argue about whose side was right for eternity. They weren’t kidding about making fans to choose between Team Cap or Team Iron man.

If the last Captain America movie is about freedom, a direct commentary on infringing personal liberty for the sake of security, then this movie is about justice and revenge. Everyone has a different view on what’s just and what’s the fitting punishment for someone in the wrong. It reminds me of the capital punishment debate. Some people entrusts rules and institutions to offer justice. Some people wants to evaluate what’s just case by case. Some people feel like they have no ability to change how justice is judged or punishments are dealt, so they just want to disrupt the existing system. Choosing between Team Cap, Team Iron man, Panther and Zemo is pretty much just choosing whether you put your faith in the system.

My favorite parts of the movie:

[spoiler]1. Ant Man: Ant Man rocks. Loved when he tells Tony “I’m your conscience.” He should have told him that again when Tony asks him “who the hell are you” on the Raft

1. Bucky and Falcon: When Cap locks lips with Sharon, the look their faces were priceless

2. Spider man: “That disc of yours doesn’t obey the laws of physics” So meta it’s perfect. I was fed up with Spider Man reboots, but this really turned me around. The fact that this kid could go toe to toe with some of the Avengers and still keeps his geekish ways with optimism is a big plus

3. Zemo: Best Marvel villain ever, except for Loki of course.[/spoiler]

Oddities:

[spoiler]1. Terrible navigators: So Cap and Bucky both hop on to a Quinjet and set out for Siberia. During that time Iron Man has time to go back to check on War Machine, exchange jabs with Widow and fly to the Raft and still arrives at Siberia minutes after Cap and Bucky? Those guys are really bad at flying a jet… Also, since they steals the Quinjet at the airport, why doesn’t Iron Man just hack the jet to find out where they are headed. It’s his plane, shouldn’t be too hard for the tech genius.

1. Terrible plan: So Zemo’s plan is to get everyone to go after Bucky and force Captain America to try to save him. So… so many people are trying to kill Bucky, including the Black Panther. What if Bucky gets killed during the process?

Zemo: “Hey, Iron Man, watch this video, Winter Soldier killed your parents!”
Cap: “Well… sorry Tony for your lost, but Bucky’s already dead.”

kind of hard to start a civil war now…

1. Icing Bucky: So Iron man and most people were convinced Bucky bombed the UN conference. They want to capture Bucky, put him on trial, and maybe lock him away. Cap won’t let them do that either because he is convinced Bucky didn’t commit the crime or just don’t want to see his friend locked away. By the end though, Bucky puts himself in cryo and effectively locks himself away…[/spoiler]

[quote=“hansioux”]
Oddities:

[spoiler]1. Terrible navigators: So Cap and Bucky both hop on to a Quinjet and set out for Siberia. During that time Iron Man has time to go back to check on War Machine, exchange jabs with Widow and fly to the Raft and still arrives at Siberia minutes after Cap and Bucky? Those guys are really bad at flying a jet… Also, since they steals the Quinjet at the airport, why doesn’t Iron Man just hack the jet to find out where they are headed. It’s his plane, shouldn’t be too hard for the tech genius.

1. Terrible plan: So Zemo’s plan is to get everyone to go after Bucky and force Captain America to try to save him. So… so many people are trying to kill Bucky, including the Black Panther. What if Bucky gets killed during the process?

Zemo: “Hey, Iron Man, watch this video, Winter Soldier killed your parents!”
Cap: “Well… sorry Tony for your lost, but Bucky’s already dead.”

kind of hard to start a civil war now…

1. Icing Bucky: So Iron man and most people were convinced Bucky bombed the UN conference. They want to capture Bucky, put him on trial, and maybe lock him away. Cap won’t let them do that either because he is convinced Bucky didn’t commit the crime or just don’t want to see his friend locked away. By the end though, Bucky puts himself in cryo and effectively locks himself away…[/spoiler][/quote]

I think I agree with those oddities. Everyone is commenting about your first one. That’s very obvious. However, I’m just going to play it off as…no one is perfect. It’s actually pretty odd to find such a huge plot hole in Marvel movies, but this one was too easy.

I wouldn’t consider your last point a hole, but I was a little upset that this happened. I’m pretty sure a majority of the movie was about bringing him back and then he decides that.

With regards to Spider-Man:

I like the character and I like how Aunt May is not the old naggy grandma of an aunt that we all probably pictured her to be. A thumbs up to Marvel for switching that up. To be quite frank, adding him into this movie was just Marvel showing off to the world, “Yo, check it out, we bought Spidey and we finally set things straight, Peter developed the web, it’s not organic.”

The recruitment:

It’s cool how both teams go on recruitment shortly after Cap finds out the truth about Zemo’s plan. However, Tony has no freakin’ clue what’s going on, yet he goes on recruitment himself? I find it odd that they both know something big is going to happen, but unless I missed something, there was really no trigger as to why the end fight scene really happened, right? The heroes just “knew” and started recruiting. I was a little busy watching the awesomeness of the fight scene to catch this while I was in theaters, anyone catch something I didn’t?

When War Machine…

got hit by Vision’s beam, the chances of that actually scratching his arc reactor are ridiculously low. I overlooked it completely and thought, it’s a movie. I do have one question, without the arc reactor functioning, the suit is just a tin can? You see Iron Man get throw around and through walls all the time in his armor (with the arc reactor intact), but what does it do to ease the damage to the pilot’s body?

[quote=“ranlee”]
The recruitment:

It’s cool how both teams go on recruitment shortly after Cap finds out the truth about Zemo’s plan. However, Tony has no freakin’ clue what’s going on, yet he goes on recruitment himself? I find it odd that they both know something big is going to happen, but unless I missed something, there was really no trigger as to why the end fight scene really happened, right? The heroes just “knew” and started recruiting. I was a little busy watching the awesomeness of the fight scene to catch this while I was in theaters, anyone catch something I didn’t?

I found that weird while in the theater.

[spoiler]Both teams are in Germany, and both teams find the time to go back all the way to the US to recruit a new guy just before the huge fight.

I mean this is while Cap is trying to smuggle Bucky out of Germany… They didn’t go recruit while Bucky is unconscious, which means Cap and Bucky hid out in Germany for at least 8 hours, waiting for Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Ant man to get there. If Falcon and to go back to the US to get Ant Man, then they would have to wait there for at least 16 hours.

Team Iron Man gets tipped off that Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch are going to Cap’s side, that’s probably the reasonable time for them to begin recruiting. Still, they too have to wait for at least 16 hours for Iron Man to go to Queens himself. Even if they travel at supersonic speed, it’s at least a good 6 hours round trip.

I guess if the QuinJet is really really fast, maybe they can pull all the recruitment off in 3 hours? But then we should have had 2 QuinJets at Leipzig, and not just one.

Also, if Spider Man is just getting off school when Iron Man gets to his house, at 4PM, that would mean it is 10PM in Germany. So regardless of how quickly Iron Man gets Peter to Germany, it’s at least a good 8 hours before the fight, which takes place under day light, begins.[/spoiler]

[quote=“ranlee”]
When War Machine…

got hit by Vision’s beam, the chances of that actually scratching his arc reactor are ridiculously low. I overlooked it completely and thought, it’s a movie. I do have one question, without the arc reactor functioning, the suit is just a tin can? You see Iron Man get throw around and through walls all the time in his armor (with the arc reactor intact), but what does it do to ease the damage to the pilot’s body?

I was thinking that too,

they could of at least throw in a parachute in that high tech suit…

One more favorite moment in the film

When Iron Man is kicking Cap’s ass, Cap says “I can do this all day.” A call back to the first Captain America movie.

[quote=“hansioux”]
I found that weird while in the theater.

[spoiler]Both teams are in Germany, and both teams find the time to go back all the way to the US to recruit a new guy just before the huge fight.

I mean this is while Cap is trying to smuggle Bucky out of Germany… They didn’t go recruit while Bucky is unconscious, which means Cap and Bucky hid out in Germany for at least 8 hours, waiting for Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Ant man to get there. If Falcon and to go back to the US to get Ant Man, then they would have to wait there for at least 16 hours.

Team Iron Man gets tipped off that Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch are going to Cap’s side, that’s probably the reasonable time for them to begin recruiting. Still, they too have to wait for at least 16 hours for Iron Man to go to Queens himself. Even if they travel at supersonic speed, it’s at least a good 6 hours round trip.

I guess if the QuinJet is really really fast, maybe they can pull all the recruitment off in 3 hours? But then we should have had 2 QuinJets at Leipzig, and not just one.

Also, if Spider Man is just getting off school when Iron Man gets to his house, at 4PM, that would mean it is 10PM in Germany. So regardless of how quickly Iron Man gets Peter to Germany, it’s at least a good 8 hours before the fight, which takes place under day light, begins.[/spoiler][/quote]

I was going to say the exact same thing :laughing: :laughing:

Somebody has to explain this or are they just going to let it go?

[quote=“hansioux”]One more favorite moment in the film

When Iron Man is kicking Cap’s ass, Cap says “I can do this all day.” A call back to the first Captain America movie.

Mine has to be…

When Cap and Sharon finally lock lips and Falcon/Bucky’s reaction. CINEMA GOLD. I’m also curious as to how TF did she just walk out with those weapons without help. You gotta assume Falcon’s wings a pretty heavy.

Civil War - Spider Man v.s. Ant Man

Saw Civil War today. Thoroughly enjoyed it, although it probably had a few more plot holes bugging me than is usual in a Marvel movie.

[spoiler]The fight at the airport was cool, but the set-up didn’t make much sense to me. I also missed what relevance if any the attempted bioweapon theft had at the beginning.

I’m really impressed with how well they fit in so many characters, but I’ve seen all the previous Marvel films (except for Ant-Man). Black Panther fit in well, and while I liked what Spiderman did, it still doesn’t make sense to me that Tony would go and recruit him.

And Peter Parker found a really contorted way to avoid saying “With great power comes great responsibility.”

Is it even possible for people that don’t follow the franchise to understand what’s going on in this film?!

And a lot of the plot seemed to rely on the tired trope of main characters not communicating. “Look, this guy is seriously brainwashed, and if someone reads him the secret words, he has no free will.”

Plus … let me get this straight … the guy’s plan involved getting Captain America AND Iron Man AND Bucky back to this compound, where they’d finally see the video? I guess all he really needed was the video, and he could have distributed it later. But how did he know to look for this?

I found that I like Hawkeye much more now that I’ve read Matt Fraction’s Hawkeye run (highly recommended by someone who doesn’t read comics!).

Was there something relevant with Martin Freeman at the end? The scene seemed kind of pointless, but its presence, and Freeman’s presence in it, makes me think I’m missing something.

Yeah, I caught that too. Loved it. I’ve heard that Chris Evans hasn’t been so good in other roles, but I think he’s been fantastic in the “action” films - Marvel, and Snowpiercer.

I liked how that was set up - a few moments earlier, Bucky’d asked Falcon to move the seat up, and Bucky refused. I thought it was just a one-off joke on a bunch of teens out in dad’s car, but they wonderfully escalated the bro angle with the kiss reaction.[/spoiler]

[quote=“lostinasia”]Saw Civil War today. Thoroughly enjoyed it, although it probably had a few more plot holes bugging me than is usual in a Marvel movie.

The fight at the airport was cool, but the set-up didn’t make much sense to me. I also missed what relevance if any the attempted bioweapon theft had at the beginning.

[spoiler]The most logical explanation is that Sawbone was lying about Bucky being the buyer. He only mentioned Bucky’s name because he wanted a chance to kill Captain America. That way we avoid Zemo being a part of any of that, and avoids Zemo somehow foreseeing Scarlet Witch messing things up or Sawbone not able to kill Captai America.

That event simply led to an opportunity for Zemo to strike.[/spoiler]

Ant-man is too good to be missed.

Tony might have thought it wouldn’t go down as violently as it did. Tony wanted Spidey to web them and have that be the least bloody and violent way to capture Cap and Bucky.

I’m going to have to reply to these one by one…don’t hate me for making you click spoilers more than once.

The fight at the airport was cool, but the set-up didn’t make much sense to me.

I think everyone can agree the set up made no sense. I think hansioux explained it best. I’m willing to let it go…the fight was awesome.

I also missed what relevance if any the attempted bioweapon theft had at the beginning.

I think the opening scene just answers what happened in Winter Soldier when said villain who was stealing the weapon, survived a building falling on him. It’s also a setup for Gen. Ross to add another “Hey Avengers, you guys f-ed up again” scenario.

Is it even possible for people that don’t follow the franchise to understand what’s going on in this film?!

No freakin’ way. This film ties in the first Avengers, Cpt Am 2, and Avengers 2. I’m glad the gf saw all those movies, she was questionless for the whole duration!

And a lot of the plot seemed to rely on the tired trope of main characters not communicating. “Look, this guy is seriously brainwashed, and if someone reads him the secret words, he has no free will.”

This is also a running theme of the second Avengers movie. It seems pretty clear from the first time that everyone met, that the Avengers do not agree on everything. Like how Cap and Tony argue about how to “save” Loki from Thor.

Despite the plot holes, I think Civil War ranks 3rd favorite in my MCU movie list. Behind Winter Soldier and the first Avengers.

So I just found this “goof” on IMDB and it definitely raises a few eyebrows…

[quote]In the final fight scene between Iron Man and Captain America, Stark not only struggles to overcome Rogers, but actually get beaten on the face by empty handed Rogers. According to the Marvel Universe that’d be impossible. Cap can lift max 1200 pounds, while Stark on suit is classified “Potentially incalculable, able to lift in excess of 100 tons”. Even if Captain’s shield is theoretically indestructible, Rogers is not, any moment without the shield, Stark could take him in one blow. In addition to that, Iron Man’s suit is made (in lower scale) of the same metal as the Hulk-Buster which can take hits by Hulk (100t+), Captain America could never break through the shell by punching it.[/quote]

Saw that movie last night. It was better then I thought, but I was kind of bothered that we seem to have to have all the heros packed into one now to get entertained? Are all the audience attention deficit now?

What’s wrong with one superhero and building up the plot and having a lot of interesting characters around. An occasional 2 superheros maybe to save the day. But we as an audience are so jaded now that we have to have tons of superheros to be entertained at all.

Endless smashups needed. We just can’t be entertained by drama and a great plot anymore, we have to have visual action every second minute or else we are not BORED? Yup. Not sure I enjoy these kinds of movies all that much anymore. They are just ON all the time, no suspense, no drama, just smashups.

The bad guy was a bit pathetic in the end. Just a guy who is bent on revenge about his family getting killed. Who doesn’t mind killing everyone else. But he is just one man, and yet he has so much ability to be a one man power force , with unlimited funds apparently to go anywhere and do anything.

A bit lame.

I guess I am just now too old to enjoy these superhero movies :slight_smile:
They are for kids, with ADHD.

Technically the movie is just about two superheros, and throws in an ambiguous figure to cause friction between them.

It’s an interesting comment because since the first Avengers, every time there’s a solo Marvel movie, people would say stuff like “why doesn’t the protagonist just call in Hulk/Thor/Iron Man?”

[quote=“tommy525”]
The bad guy was a bit pathetic in the end. Just a guy who is bent on revenge about his family getting killed. Who doesn’t mind killing everyone else. But he is just one man, and yet he has so much ability to be a one man power force , with unlimited funds apparently to go anywhere and do anything.[/quote]

I find that the best part of the plot. Most bad guys in other superhero movies have superhuman powers themselves. The only exception is Lex Luthor from Superman, but Lex for some reason has always been a let down in movies. This bad guy knows he can’t defeat the Avengers directly, so he worked to tear them apart. In the end he was captured, but he achieved exactly what he set out to do.

Obviously there are some plot holes in his planning, some I have pointed out. Also if this is a guy trying to avenge his family who died as collateral casualties, you’d think he would not cause collateral deaths himself to try to prove a point.

So they could have made the bad guy even better and perhaps even more sympathetic, it’s a pity they didn’t.

Ant-Man (under various other names) was always my favorite in the comics, and his scenes here were straight out of those comics (as was that whole airport battle). Panther and Spidey were both great, and Vision is a lot more developed here than in Avengers 2. (Some people have noticed that he’s taken on some of the features of Adam Warlock, whereas in the comics he was more Spocklike.) For that matter, virtually everybody had something to do. And yes, I realize that it’s weird for Cap not to be the character who makes the biggest impression, but I’m fine with that. Just entertain me, I don’t care how!

I told my wife that somebody felt somebody else’s tits–and she’d never guess who or whose!

Spoiler added:

I thought we might see the Soviet Super-Soldiers appear in some form, perhaps for a climactic fight scene in Siberia, but it was not to be. A missed opportunity? I wonder if that was ever in the script.

Some nitpicks (too tangential to bother spoiler-ifying, I think):

Why was the UN meeting in Vienna? Maybe its NYC HQ was destroyed in the battle with the aliens in Avengers 1, but then wouldn’t the UN GA be meeting in Geneva? Anyway, the scene didn’t look or function at all like a UN meeting. Are we supposed to think of this as a new treaty organization, or a committee? And why were T’Chaka and T’Challa there, rather than their representatives? Heads of state don’t normally do this, especially when this is obviously a busy “working” group, except one would expect the Austrian president (not PM) to say some words of welcome.

Panther and his father speak to one another in Xhosa, one of the major languages of South Africa, but Wakanda is shown on the map as being somewhere between South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Its geography (misty hills with rainforest) suggests the Central African highlands (although one comic miniseries did set it in the neighborhood of South Africa, so they could work in an apartheid theme).

Did they arrest T’Challa at one point? I thought he’d have diplomatic immunity.

And what the hell is in the Sokovia Accords, anyway? I notice that the Avengers just glanced at the cover without bothering to read any of it. Does it mean that the Avengers / all super-powered persons in general may not be vigilantes, but must act under the oversight of some sort of government body? That’s quite reasonable. Or does it mean that anyone with superpowers must turn themselves in and consider themselves drafted? (i.e. with no option of simply retiring). And what counts as superpowers, anyway? Hawkeye and Black Widow have none. Neither do Stark (he’s just a guy with a mecha suit, which really should be regulated) or Ant-Man (ditto) or Falcon. Thor (who does not appear in the film) is effectively an alien royal with a super-weapon, and should be treated as some kind of diplomatic emissary. Vision is a glorified toaster.

And why would the Secretary of State be in charge of warning the Avengers to sign the Accords? Is that his job? Doesn’t he have foreign countries to deal with? Hell, why do the Avengers NEED to sign the Accords? Nobody came 'round asking me to sign the Patriot Act, they just passed the law and “poof”.

Why are there no lawyers on the Raft (or anywhere else)?

Finally, as a purely hypothetical question–let’s say I have a relationship with some woman, who is the great love of my life, but for reasons beyond our control, it doesn’t work out. Would it be creepy to switch to her niece?

[quote=“Zla’od”]
I thought we might see the Soviet Super-Soldiers appear in some form, perhaps for a climactic fight scene in Siberia, but it was not to be. A missed opportunity? I wonder if that was ever in the script. [/quote]

This needed a spoiler tag.

No, they did not. At the time of the chase, everyone was under the impression that Bucky had assassinated the King, Panther was seen as the chaser and bringing Bucky to justice.

Pretty much means that if the Avengers sign it, they have to act under the jurisdiction of the government. Whereas if they didn’t, they can do whatever the f they wanted. If gvt says it’s ok to intervene, then they intervene. The part about what governing body actually makes that decision eludes me.

Because that would add way way too much to the story and is probably deemed unnecessary because the Avengers act outside of gvt jurisdiction.

[quote=“Zla’od”]

I thought we might see the Soviet Super-Soldiers appear in some form, perhaps for a climactic fight scene in Siberia, but it was not to be. A missed opportunity? I wonder if that was ever in the script. [/quote]

That would give our heroes a reason to stop fighting and work together. They are not going to get that chance until the Infinity War.

That’s also what makes the bad guy great. His existence is not about conquest or committing evil. He would even eliminate evils from the world. He’s meticulous and thoughtful. If the movie showed him trying not to kill innocent people, he’d be even more sympathetic.

[quote=“Zla’od”]
Why was the UN meeting in Vienna? Maybe its NYC HQ was destroyed in the battle with the aliens in Avengers 1, but then wouldn’t the UN GA be meeting in Geneva? Anyway, the scene didn’t look or function at all like a UN meeting. Are we supposed to think of this as a new treaty organization, or a committee? And why were T’Chaka and T’Challa there, rather than their representatives? Heads of state don’t normally do this, especially when this is obviously a busy “working” group, except one would expect the Austrian president (not PM) to say some words of welcome. [/quote]

The UN is planning to move away from the NYC HQ. Maybe in that universe they’ve already did. Regardless, I think that is a treaty organization and T’Chaka and T’Challa are there because they essentially pushed and drafted the treaty after the events in the opening.

[quote=“Zla’od”]
Panther and his father speak to one another in Xhosa, one of the major languages of South Africa, but Wakanda is shown on the map as being somewhere between South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Its geography (misty hills with rainforest) suggests the Central African highlands (although one comic miniseries did set it in the neighborhood of South Africa, so they could work in an apartheid theme). [/quote]

Interesting. Great info.

I think they let him go as soon as his identity is made known.

[quote=“Zla’od”]
And what the hell is in the Sokovia Accords, anyway? I notice that the Avengers just glanced at the cover without bothering to read any of it. Does it mean that the Avengers / all super-powered persons in general may not be vigilantes, but must act under the oversight of some sort of government body? That’s quite reasonable. Or does it mean that anyone with superpowers must turn themselves in and consider themselves drafted? (i.e. with no option of simply retiring). And what counts as superpowers, anyway? Hawkeye and Black Widow have none. Neither do Stark (he’s just a guy with a mecha suit, which really should be regulated) or Ant-Man (ditto) or Falcon. Thor (who does not appear in the film) is effectively an alien royal with a super-weapon, and should be treated as some kind of diplomatic emissary. Vision is a glorified toaster. [/quote]

nice XD

I think it’s just anyone who wishes to do vigilante work outside government institutions should be registered with the Avengers and in the future the Avengers must wait until the UN regulation committee permit them to take part in a mission before they can act.

So it would be illegal to do vigilante work not as an Avengers, and it would be illegal to conduct missions without the committee’s approval. I get the sense that some in the pro-Accord side just want to lay low and appease the UN, with little intent to actually comply once the accord is signed. It might not be that easy though.

a. we voted (or waived our right to vote) for people to represent us and sign our liberties away… the avengers didn’t vote for the UN committee.
b. perhaps the government would have asked us nicely, if we have the Ironman suit.

If we look and feel like 95 and the niece is like 28, then yeah, kinda creepy. In Cap’s case, it’s more like the woman’s cousin… and the love of his life married someone else and has kids of her own.

Sorry and done.