Superhero movies from now - 2020

Hansioux:

If the Avengers are an officially-recognized quasi-military force, and not just a private militia, then they can’t be considered vigilantes (unless they act without or against orders). The strange thing about it is that the Avengers are basically a voluntary society, which handles its own recruiting (although in the comics, Falcon was kind of forced on them due to Affirmative Action–really, this was stated in the comic!)

Cap obviously doesn’t look or feel like 95! Okay, it’s not Woody Allen level creepy, but it does raise eyebrows (like marrying your cousin?). Good thing there’s no chance of her being his descendant!

[quote=“Zla’od”]
Cap obviously doesn’t look or feel like 95! Okay, it’s not Woody Allen level creepy, but it does raise eyebrows (like marrying your cousin?). Good thing there’s no chance of her being his descendant![/quote]

It does raise eyebrows, but when the cousin is hotter…no one is complaining.

Amirite?

Oh well, at least it’s not Star Wars, where people French-kiss their sisters.

So, on to X-Men: Apocalypse. Saw it yesterday, it was entertaining but not brilliant. Very long and loud. Nitpicks:

[spoiler]1. Okay, the stinger of the last one has a bunch of people in the desert worshipping Apocalypse, who builds a new pyramid while four (literal) horsemen look on. When was that supposed to take place? Does that even fit with this movie?

1. Haha, cuneiform on the pyramid! Not to mention all the electrical zappy stuff. And why does the swastika come before the hammer and sickle in the title sequence? Also, this is 1983–why does India have nuclear weapons?

2. Okay, suppose you sleep 5,600 years more or less, and awaken to a startling new world. Wouldn’t you show some curiosity about all those flying machines, for instance, and not just immediately start plotting to destroy it all? Furthermore, as a being with almost magical, godlike powers (but esp. turning dirt into mud, or something), you can do virtually anything you want. So what do you want most of all? For peasants to bow to you? In the comics, Apocalypse is all about jump-starting evolution, but it’s hard to imagine how he could have learned about Darwinism in Hancock Dynasty ancient Egypt.

3. Anyway, if he wanted to level civilization, why did he turn the nukes off?

4. So, are we supposed to think that the original X-Men trilogy takes place around the 1990’s…? Because they’re obviously recapitulating a lot of its decor.

5. Wolverine. Continuity problems. (What else is new?) At least he wasn’t in ancient Egypt.

6. Jubilee’s parts got cut. Too bad.[/spoiler]

They are playing the reboot of Fantastic 4 on cable. What a train wreck. And I usually set the bar quite low on this kind of stuff. I am no art critic but aside from, well, everything, the acting is the worse.

Am I the only one nerding out to the new DC trailers they showed at Comic Con San Diego?

I am happily following all the Star Trek 50th anniversary activities. Really wish I was there.

Actually very curious about the Wonder Woman film. Her theme song in bvs was EPIC

Everyone doubted Gal when she was casted. Claiming the actor didn’t have the “curves”, she pretty much slapped all her critics in the face with her performance in BvS.

I’m pretty sure I account for 1000 views of this clip on Youtube

That’s cause she’s the only one the filmmakers allowed to have any sort of fun battling the monster.

Everyone else are all mopey and angsty while she’s having a blast brawling in this (supposedly) epic climactic fight. That “game on” smirk when she picks up her sword was priceless.

Still hard to believe the director literally had batman click through each video clip to introduce the 4 other justice league members.

I don’t know if this is too nerdy or what it is, but when I watched the final fight in the Superman movie, I was thinking, dayamn, who’s going to pay for the damages. It happened again during that final fight in BvS. By the time the whole DC universe movies are done with their story line, there won’t be much of Metropolis left.

Maybe the studio didn’t have enough money to make a standalone movie of each and every Justice League member?

They are in fact making solo films for all justice league members