Surfing Taiwan

I just arrived from Indo (Bali, nusa lembongan, lombok, and sumbawa) and am now living in Taipei so if anyone is keen to head and get some waves with me let me know and I’ll split any costs. Surfing Taiwan - Yew!

Wait until the next typhoon comes by and you’ll make the news: Crazy atoga caught by cops as he risked his life braving 10 foot swells!

I don’t want to make the news this week, but I do want to surf. It’s ridiculous that surfing in a typhoon is Illegal, i’m sure that Taiwan would crank a nice swell with a typhoon looming off the coast, but anyway will probably hit up a surf this or next week. If anybody wants a surfing bud then hit me up.

best to check [button]CWB,http://cwb.gov.tw/eng/index.htm[/button] before heading out. (also click on marine and play around with the sub headings. decent swell predictions.)

If this site is flashing a Typhoon warning/ocean warning icon or the guys in orange jumpsuits are blowing their wolf whistles on the beach… Its a lay day! Might have to pay NT$400,000 for a nice pink ticket and hopefully some surf footage evidence (of the super session).

it’s gonna be off the hook tomorrow morning. Heading south at 5am. Based in hualien.

PM me if interested in surfing double overhead left points.

If you didn’t go this morning you’re not going. It’s blown out and the sets are coming in race horses. I was once told to leave the water and photographed by the men in orange, and this wasn’t even on a Typhoon day it was a place they had deemed “too hazardous for swimming”. They’ll fine you because the local guys can’t swim and they sheep to any place that has people in the water. Then they drown.
Mostly beach break on the North East where I go. I’ve been to Indo every Chinese New year for the last 6 years.
Better you go with little "B’ bob on his swimming adventures! Do a Search on this forum for his adventures.
Maybe next time Haole.

headhigh perfection 5-11am, no wind, 5 guys out, wave count: 50+ Road tripping tomorrow with my 6"9’ indo gun pin tail.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]If you didn’t go this morning you’re not going. It’s blown out and the sets are coming in race horses. I was once told to leave the water and photographed by the men in orange, and this wasn’t even on a Typhoon day it was a place they had deemed “too hazardous for swimming”. They’ll fine you because the local guys can’t swim and they sheep to any place that has people in the water. Then they drown.
Mostly beach break on the North East where I go. I’ve been to Indo every Chinese New year for the last 6 years.
Better you go with little "B’ bob on his swimming adventures! Do a Search on this forum for his adventures.
Maybe next time Haole.[/quote]

Haole haha, cheers man. But unless you’re actually Taiwanese you’re a Haole too. I’m prob going to find an apartment in Danshui, and buy a car soon so I can hit the surf more regularly. So keen for a surf right now, it makes my Australian blood quiver at the thought of not surfing for another week.

Huge today-wish I had a jet ski and Laird Hamilton’s stamina and physique !

There were typhoon sized waves from the P.I.'s mega typhoon! We weren’t even getting hit today by a typhoon that thing must be huge! Yesterday was epic, 6-8 footers…closed out most of the time and the face wasn’t really rideable but I and a few locals shredded on boogie boards. I even invented a new bodyboard manuver called “The Superman” a great day for dick draggers.

Here’s some Larry Bertleman to get you by until tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFlB0yVWzuQ&feature=fvw