Surfing

I want to surf.

I’ve never done it before, I no absolutely NOTHING about surf at all. I’ve just been told that somewhere on this island, there is surfing.

I am interested in taking lessons some day. Surfing is on my bucket list - I’m not super athletic and I don’t live near the water so I don’t plan on becoming a serious surfer anytime soon. I just want to get lessons and try it, take pictures, laugh about how idiotic I look attempting to get on a surf board, and probably leave it in the past as something I tried and failed at.
:slight_smile:

Any suggestions?

[quote=“rockinrobin714”]I want to surf.

I’ve never done it before, I no absolutely NOTHING about surf at all. I’ve just been told that somewhere on this island, there is surfing.

I am interested in taking lessons some day. Surfing is on my bucket list - I’m not super athletic and I don’t live near the water so I don’t plan on becoming a serious surfer anytime soon. I just want to get lessons and try it, take pictures, laugh about how idiotic I look attempting to get on a surf board, and probably leave it in the past as something I tried and failed at.
:slight_smile:

Any suggestions?[/quote]
Yeah: try bowling.

[quote=“TwoTongues”]
Yeah: try bowling.[/quote]

I’m awful at bowling. I’ll pass.

Try this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … it=surfing

You can try spider surf shop at Daxi: www.spidersurfing.com/travel.asp

Or Winson down at Jialeshui in Kenting National Park.

Do you want a partner to fail at surfing with?

Yes, I love failing with other people. Anyone going to be around Daxi the 19th and 20th September?

I’d be down to join you guys. I will be out of town on your specified dates, but would be interesting in going on the weekends. I’ve surfed a few times but am not very good. I still need a longboard.

I have learned that paddling is probably the most important part. One so you can actually stay out there. Two, so you get the speed to catch waves that are worth catching. :slight_smile: So swimming a lot is probably helpful.

I love all board sports, including snowboarding, which I did a lot back in the States, and skateboarding, which I can’t really do anymore due to chronic shin-splints.