Surprise! Your face is in our brochure. WHAT?

I show up to my weekly 2 hour a week gig at one school to find 3 photos of me are in their most recent brochure.
What the heck? They didn’t even ask me.
I remember telling them specifically when I began work there that they can use photos of me inside their school as much as they like, but to never use my photo for brochures, any kind of advertising or on their billboard.
They’ve printed off somewhere between 3000 to 8000 brochures. I heard that from the kids. I saw 6 boxes filled with brochures.
I told the principal how I felt and she just laughed it off and said it’s fine and walked away grinning like a stupid fuck. She always does that when she wants to avoid conflict. I tried talking to her again after class but she was busy dealing with 2 kids that had a blue.

I feel violated and totally pissed off.

I want to be compensated for it. I want MONEY! Only that will satisfy my desire for swearing and other frowned upon confrontational techniques.

Am I overreacting? Right now I’m still fuming.
What would you do?
What should I do?

My school has been sending out brochures with me on the front for years. They have a massive billboard outside the school of me dressed as a magician with tails and top hat. I look like a right cnut. They never asked me. As a matter of fact, when this first appeared, I demanded a pay cut because I was so PROUD. I have really stretched my 15 minutes out. I think I’m actually going to PAY for the next one to be made.

1 Like

Get radical and extensive plastic surgery to change your appearance. Then no one will know it’s you!

[quote=“Marty”]Am I overreacting? [/quote] Yes.
Unless you teach there illegally or are hiding from a psycho ex gf. or something.
T.

No. Cheeky fuckers.

You know where the boxes are. Why not go through them and a draw big moustaches and a huge erect knob on them with magic marker?

There’s an absolutely minging ten year old photo of me with a hangover on the Shane website.

I agree. It’s annoying, but it’s not a hill to die on.

Unless it’s in writing, it means diddlysquat. Even in writing, such a contact clause still means zip. “Of course we got his permission, now he’s saying we didn’t because he’s trying to blackmail us! Foolish Bignose, you just don’t underSTAND Chinese culture.”

Ask for a large bonus next month. Once given, then erase all the big knobs you drew.

I agree. It’s annoying, but it’s not a hill to die on.[/quote]

I don’t want to piss off Maoman, but this is coming from a buxiban owner… :smiley:

[quote=“funkymonkey”]

I don’t want to piss off Maoman, but this is coming from a buxiban owner… :smiley:[/quote]
The worst of it is that he didn’t even ask me before putting my picture on the new Forumosa t-shirts. :fume:

Not your visa job, I assume. And not a major part of your incoming.

Try talking to her once more. If that doesn’t work, grab the boxes and walk out with them.

[quote=“Jaboney”]Not your visa job, I assume. And not a major part of your incoming.

Try talking to her once more. If that doesn’t work, grab the boxes and walk out with them.[/quote]Hah. That’s a really funny suggestion.

As far as legality and whatnot is concerned, I’m a JFRV’er.

My biggest gripe is it’s just a 2 hour a week job and they think it’s fine to plaster my image all over their brochures without even asking me first.
How’s one of my other schools going to feel when they see their own teacher’s face on a competitor’s brochure? They all know I work at other places of course.
But, still, it’s pretty damn fucking rude to go and do that without even a mention of it to me.
“Oh by the way here’s 8000 brochures all with your photos on them which we’re going to use to advertise our school thanks a lot go fuck yourself haha sucker.”

Never let them take photos of you, in future.

We used to have to agree, in my last job, so there’re just pics of the suck-ups on the website, etc. :laughing:

Marty…
It’s your own fault; you smiled! :smiley:
You should know by now that you NEVER, EVER smile when they point a camera in your direction.
Always look like a miserable schmuck - it works like a bomb!! :cry:
I have NEVER, EVER been on any posters in my 9 years here even though my wife swears I’m devilishly sexy…

1 Like

[quote=“Marty”]
How’s one of my other schools going to feel when they see their own teacher’s face on a competitor’s brochure? [/quote]They will think they are lucky to have you. :laughing:

You’re screwed and there isn’t much that you’re going to be able to do about it. Sorry. Never, never, never, allow yourself to be photographed! Ever!

No one ever looks at them anyway.

Actually the competition normally looks at them to see what you are up to.

[quote=“Marty”][quote=“Jaboney”]Not your visa job, I assume. And not a major part of your incoming.

Try talking to her once more. If that doesn’t work, grab the boxes and walk out with them.[/quote]Hah. That’s a really funny suggestion.

As far as legality and whatnot is concerned, I’m a JFRV’er.

My biggest gripe is it’s just a 2 hour a week job and they think it’s fine to plaster my image all over their brochures without even asking me first.
How’s one of my other schools going to feel when they see their own teacher’s face on a competitor’s brochure? They all know I work at other places of course.
But, still, it’s pretty damn fucking rude to go and do that without even a mention of it to me.
“Oh by the way here’s 8000 brochures all with your photos on them which we’re going to use to advertise our school thanks a lot go fuck yourself haha sucker.”[/quote]
Alternatively, you could fill a couple of large cups with CHEAP, STINKY beer and pour them over the brochures. Less sure of taking them all out of action, but the ones that are soaked won’t be going anywhere. “Gee Mei-ling, let’s send our kids to the bushiban with DM that reek of Taiwan Beer! That seems like a swell idea.”