Taipei has a Glue Sniffing Problem

I know there is a drug manufacturing problem but didn’t know this.

I seemed to have missed seeing people doing that. Maybe I’m in the wrong places.

This was a huge problem back in the late 1980s, but I haven’t seen any sniffers in years. Back then, I would often encounter glaze-eyed glue heads in elevators coming down from roof-top huff sessions. The fumes were unbelievable.

It’s more like you are not. :smiley:

I would not take Taiwanese for that type. Maybe it’s pressure from work and school?

I think Taiwan has always had a considerable drug problem. Glue was big back in the 1980s because it’s cheap and better drugs weren’t as readily available. I also used to see lots of strung out ladies of the evening with track marks on their arms (opioids) on Linshen N. Rd. in the late 80s and early 90s. From the late 90s to the present, meth, ketamine and ecstasy seem to be the drugs of choice. At least bath salts aren’t a thing here (yet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd1ciPnTGKg

I had to look that up. I thought that meant real bath salts. Apparently not.

Taipei would be a great place to get stoned. But no, that’s evil, instead there’s alcohol, glue, and betel nuts.

And just try getting Elmer’s here.

Pssst. I got a hook-up if you’re interested. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No bath tubs, duh.

Yeah, but they got HOT SPRINGS, man…

If true, this would help explain a lot about pedestrian behavior in Taipei.

Guy

3 Likes

I saw a guy just this afternoon huffing out of a plastic bag on the street corner. Funny to read this now.

Interesting. I haven’t seen anything like this in years. Maybe I just stopped paying attention.

I’ve never seen it in Taiwan. It’s usually kind of obvious; i.e. I would see aboriginals in Australia do it, and they would have glazed-over, bloodshot eyes.

It was pretty obvious when they used to get in the elevator with me. The solvent smell was overwhelming. As an aside, I found it fascinating that when they huff, they’re not just breathing in the fumes, but actual strands of glue.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Bath Salts in Taiwan