Taipei offers free legal services across the city

Taipei offers free legal services across the city
taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003321712

The pro bono program offers services to five clients a day between 9:30am and 11:30am, Monday to Friday at twelve district offices. Reservations are required. For more information, contact the department at (02) 2720-6813.

Do you know of anybody offering free legal services in Xinzhu?

Thanks for the post, but the phone numbers from the first post above do not work.

I tried this both this AM.

The site would be great if the numbers worked. Maybe someone could help us with that.

Nick Stach

At the intersection of 貴陽街 and 康定路 (next to the police station), you’ll find the TAIPEI CITY NEW IMMIGRANTS’ HALL. The offer a variety of services including a free consultation with a lawyer on Friday afternoons. The one I met and got to know/need speaks English very well.

Recently he told me that he doesn’t go there any more because aside from myself, nobody ever dropped in. He thinks it’s because the foreigners don’t know about this place.

Incidently, I think now they have other lawyers volunteering their time there on Fridays, but he says his free consultation is still availble. His name is John Yuan, and you can reach him at 0910-180-130.

I hope you don’t need a lawyer, but if you do, at least he’s good for a free chat to discuss your options…and/or you can always drop into the TCNIH to see what they can do for you as well.

Good luck

[quote=“metrosexual”]At the intersection of 貴陽街 and 康定路 (next to the police station), you’ll find the Taipei CITY NEW IMMIGRANTS’ HALL. The offer a variety of services including a free consultation with a lawyer on Friday afternoons. The one I met and got to know/need speaks English very well.

Recently he told me that he doesn’t go there any more because aside from myself, nobody ever dropped in. He thinks it’s because the foreigners don’t know about this place.

Incidently, I think now they have other lawyers volunteering their time there on Fridays, but he says his free consultation is still availble. His name is John Yuan, and you can reach him at 0910-180-130.

I hope you don’t need a lawyer, but if you do, at least he’s good for a free chat to discuss your options…and/or you can always drop into the TCNIH to see what they can do for you as well.

Good luck[/quote]

Where is this place? I translated the roads but haven’t a clue where they are in the city. Thanks.

WanHua. Round the back of LongShan Temple.

For anyone else who needs this, John Yuan is available on the first (ground) floor of Taipei City Hall, at least on Friday mornings, until 11:30.

[quote=“Hartzell”]Taipei offers free legal services across the city

The pro bono program offers services to five clients a day between 9:30am and 11:30am, Monday to Friday at twelve district offices. Reservations are required. For more information, contact the department at (02) 2720-6813.[/quote]

Hey do these lawyers help in preparing personal Wills?

[quote=“crystaleye”][quote=“Hartzell”]Taipei offers free legal services across the city

The pro bono program offers services to five clients a day between 9:30am and 11:30am, Monday to Friday at twelve district offices. Reservations are required. For more information, contact the department at (02) 2720-6813.[/quote]

Hey do these lawyers help in preparing personal Wills?[/quote]

I know a really good guy in HK who does customized personal wills and can cover multi jurisdictional issues. He isn’t horribly expensive for a basic will and has done them for my wife and I. PM me if you want his contact details?

This is an old post and Information is not up-to-date. Here is the newest information.

Legal consultation service in Taipei City Hall:
Mon-Fri 9-12 and 14-17 hour
Address: 1st floor, Taipei City Hall 臺北市市府路1號1樓
Phone registration: 02-27256168
On-site registration: start 8:30 and 12:30

I need a legal advice to help a non-Taiwanese woman who married a Taiwanese man but is treated unfair. Taipei City Hall is far away from my place. If you know a lawyer who is willing to help (must be someone who can speak English) or can be contacted online, kindly let me know. Thanks in advance.

laf.org.tw/en/index.php?action=location

I wish I knew earlier that my question has been answered on the same day! Thank you so much!

As an additional resource for foreigners seeking legal consultation in Taipei, here is a law firm with English-speaking attorneys that offers pro bono.