Taipei really is a magic town

taipei? i’m lovin’ it! everything about it. you may hate taiwan, but you’ll never hate taipei. you may never be a TW citizen, but you’ll feel you’re a citizen of taipei at least.

magic town where just about anything good can happen. i’ve got special places all over taipei where you can just sit and feel “it”. i don’t know what “it” is, but i definitely feel something. totally magic. love that town and wish i’d never left it.

Good for you … at least you’re happy … that’s what counts …

Wow, that’s not bad, because you know, finding a private place and moment to give it a fiddle can be awfully difficult in the big smoke.

HG

each place has a story or a symbolic meaning for me. i even know a place in yung ho where you can see the stars after 11.

hey, maybe i should take some pictures of my spots and post them here with captions!!
yay! i got a new project!

That’s just too easy to take the piss out of :wink:

But yes go for it mate, I always like to see a different side to Taipei to the one I see

That’s it. If he’s coming to Taipei, Then I’m moving to Nantou county.

[quote=“theposter”]Taipei? i’m lovin’ it! everything about it. you may hate taiwan, but you’ll never hate Taipei. you may never be a TW citizen, but you’ll feel you’re a citizen of Taipei at least.

magic town where just about anything good can happen. i’ve got special places all over Taipei where you can just sit and feel “it”. i don’t know what “it” is, but i definitely feel something. totally magic. love that town and wish i’d never left it.[/quote]]]]

RIGHT ON ! iv always felt Taipei to be a magical place where excitement can happen to YOU !!

I think Taipei is the closest thing to Ankh-Morpork we can find in this round world.

I have flu. I also have also just split foul liquid all over my bed in an attempt to cure myself (No water in the house so I put a Lemsip sachet in a can of tonic water with two Redoxon effevescent vitamin c tablets and the sodding thing exploded everywhere for some reason.) and two sodding election trucks anre circling my house. The neighbours on the next roof are removing all the tiles on it, one by one with a drill. I’ve had quite enough Taipei ‘magic’, today. I think I might go and sit in the MRT station for a more restful environment.

sorry to hear about your flu, and your noisy neighbors. but at least you’ve got the MRT to take you to dan sui or wherever you wanna go.

Why on earth would I want to do a thing like that?

yea and danshui is the noisiest place in the world… especially if they got temple events… try sleeping while they are doing one of those street parades…

:laughing:

I can never tell if theposter is taking the piss or not…

Looking forward to seeing your photo essay, theposter :slight_smile:

thanks. i just need to know how to put the pics in a post. can somebody tell me?

I hate Taipei with a passion.
Kaohsiung is far better; Taichung a close second (obviously not counting the nice little cities on the east coast).
But Taipei? I’d rather live in a smelly hole.

Then HK awaits your presence! :laughing:

HG

[quote=“Dangermouse”]I hate Taipei with a passion.
Kaohsiung is far better; Taichung a close second (obviously not counting the nice little cities on the east coast).
But Taipei? I’d rather live in a smelly hole.[/quote]

Taipei is polarizing, that true of the taiwanese too. Its either love it or hate it !!

Then HK awaits your presence! :laughing:

HG[/quote]

Was going to say the eastern suburbs of Bangkok would be ideal…

[quote] Taipei? i’m lovin’ it! everything about it. you may hate taiwan, but you’ll never hate Taipei. you may never be a TW citizen, but you’ll feel you’re a citizen of Taipei at least.

magic town where just about anything good can happen. i’ve got special places all over Taipei where you can just sit and feel “it”. i don’t know what “it” is, but i definitely feel something. totally magic. love that town and wish i’d never left it.[/quote]

Drugs are great aren’t they? :laughing:

Hi mate

Here is how I do it…

1. Go to imageshack.us/ and upload your photos
  2. The image shack site will take you to a page…
  3. Copy the link form the last option on the page ( Direct link to image )
  4. In your forumosa post, paste the link in between the tags
  5. Instead of ‘submit’ click on ‘preview’ to make sure it all worked ok

You can post as many pics as you like. Put a space between each one to make it look nearter

On the image shack site you can chose to resize the image to a variety of different web-friendly sizes (in case your original pic is too huge)

Hope this helps :slight_smile: