Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

what are they protesting

What arena?

Taipei Municipal Stadium. If that was your question.

Thank you

The opening ceremony is really great I am impressed. But they don’t need to do a Panasonic commercial right in the middle of it

Damn TV station keeps dumping commercials in the middle of the ceremony

2 Likes

Scooters!

CTS is a constant stream of commercials

Wankers, I found channel 140 which is better!

That’s why I switched to the YouTube one

The athletes list, if someone is interested:

Thanks.

Ah, our friends from Chinese Beijing sent some athletes!

I thought the native bits were nice.

Yes but supposedly only for individual events. The China government will not let Chinese teams compete. I guess they don’t want world to think that China has two separate teams competing.

1 Like

That headline is total bullshit. She never said she loves Taiwan. They made that up and put words in her mouth. She only said she likes Taiwan better than China.

And then they quote a local Taiwan blog not even interested in sport. It only talks about hot women. Not even connected to an athletic skill.

Who in the hell is the editor over there anyway? Some Foreigner on this forum?

2 Likes

You missed the “foreign wolves” thread?

3 Likes

Kinda sad when politics has to play in amateur sporting events. Chinese Beijing (hey, two can play this game. maybe start a trend!) is pissed because they think Tsai hasn’t endorsed the so-called “92 concensus”, which she has…just not in so many words. IIRCimbw, when asked about it, she stated something to the effect of “maintaining the status quo”, or she said it in her inauguration speech. Chinese Beijing (i will not stop!) is simple playing a game of “Say my name, beeyotch!” and “Whose your daddy?”

I got tickets to the championship baseball game on the 29th! Yay :star_struck:

1 Like

damn I was pissed when that happened.

At first, we thought they were showing flags of countries that were part of FISU, but didn’t send representatives. Since it was early on the in alphabet, a la…Chinese Beijing. Then we realized something was up when Denmark didn’t have anyone…

1 Like

That’s the spirit!