Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

Downloaded the app. After struggling to make sense of it, and going through the entries section, I finally found the old country’s listing of sports competitions and bingo. Finally I know where they compete…or shall say competed as the ones I were interested in were this morning.:rage:

The newspapers were no help. As the website, they only list category and team. So, if you do not know which category your athlete will attend…I had to scroll down all taekwondo, males, weights…ugh.

Seriously, whoever designed this :rant:

1 Like

Taiwanese government

That’s my boss, ya know?

Long live the ROC!

20170819144721_IMG_884720170819144513_IMG_882820170819145044_IMG_8937

2 Likes

Beautiful.

Which reminds me of Wang Leehom’s performance. :star_struck:

Taiwan just gave up 4 fucking runs to France in baseball to blow a 3 run lead to lose in the 9th. France…to France…:sob:

20170819152118_IMG_9208

20170819152118_IMG_9211

1 Like

Yeah it’s such a pain to find your own country listing.

Lee Homs song at the end was total shite…I’m sorry.

It is not like they brought 300 people. Only 8 athletes.

Tae kwon do trainer sent home due to terrorist ties!

Police would stop the person, who was not named, at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, ask the organizers of the Universiade to cancel his invitation to the games, and send him back out on the plane he arrived on, the Central News Agency reported.

While the trainer was not suspected of any links to terrorism, some of his relatives reportedly were, which under the present climate, would be enough to keep him away from Taiwan and from the Universiade, reports said.

Zero tolerance given. Good.

Now for those old Taiwanese people throwing smoke bombs and rocks…

https://youtu.be/_CE9acsm-Uk?t=23m53s
This puts a tear in a life long Chin-feng Chen fan.

https://youtu.be/YkoP-3mun-0
Loved this performance

3 Likes

Loved his hip swing. :heart_eyes:

There were adequate police force there that night to stop the protesters. They stood by and did nothing because most of the protesters were retired police and firemen. The police on duty that night were essentially part of the protest.

Wghen I saw the smoke I thought, wow, they are being rally harsh on this people. Little did I know that the protesters were the ones throwing smoke bombs. Shocking.

I think I saw they were trying to pin the bombs on a young guy, a taidou representative I think.

The delegates were worried scared, and there were rumors of cancellation of the actibities. That would have been a disaster. As you saw, the ceremony was well prepared, nicely done, and gave a very good impression of the nation. Internationally, the protests were not even a beep.

Here they deserve another kind of beep. Setriously, the law has passed, that was not the place and time, grow up please. They bring shame to their ancestors.

They burned a lot of remaining public support so I see it as a positive in the long run .

Problem is they are turning violent. I see no point in their protests as the deed is done. Makes them look like useful idiots manipulated by pro China forces.

I mean, they hit one of the police chiefs in both his eyes. His eyes! Maximum damage. I do fear if they bring their heidao/mafia pals on board.

Yes, the gf and I had the same discussion about police officers that were on the scene…were also government workers. So…it was clear that they may have not done much to stop the protests.

Lots of locals were stating that they had already forgotten about the law, but this incident has made them not want to support the cause…even more. Seems like the protesters shot themselves in both legs if you ask me.

Sorry can someone bring me up to date on who and why they’re protesting