Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

Question: is the iBon system also closing that early?

The thing is that for instance, from th eol country, one athtle competes at 10 am and the otehr at 6pm. If it was like in the same place, maybe, but different places…and I cannot find the information on line about their competitions, this is what the administrators have told me. Seriously… :wall:

20170822142220_IMG_0249

IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT

1 Like

You’d choose to navigate iBon kiosk over the Universiade website?

Lesser of two evils really.

Have you checked this part of the website?

https://www.2017.taipei/home/sports/fa2da188-655b-4c78-8258-4641a77a80c6

Seems like if you click into the sport, it’ll show you details of who’s competing and when (also live stats).

There’s a ticket allocation on the door but you’d want to get there at 6 pm and there’s no guarantee.

1 Like

The iBon gives me a ticket in my greedy hand immediately. Immediate satisfaction.

How do people who do not read Chinese buy tickets?!

If you’re talking about picking it up via iBon, they don’t.

I assume if they reserve online, they can pick it up at the venue?

@IbisWtf stop teasing, show us moar.

Because that website is a nightmare. Nope, not all athletes/events appear.

Yep, i already have checked that part of the website. I have spent hours searching and sometimes the system just crashes, most of the time the information si just not there.

For example, in the takwondo part, there is this PLANNED advert and nothing else.

I do not need live stats on what has already happened. I can check that in athousand other places. I nee dto plan for the future, like two days ahead.

What about this

https://nthspace.github.io/universiade/#/schedule/游泳

Very simple system and when you press “buy” it goes straight to the official universiade ticket website.

Transferring pics directly from my cameras to the smartphone is pure Hell, you’ll have to wait xP

wi fi camera?

OK, let me explain: imagine you do not know which heat the participant is on. For swimming, there are 4 heats at the same hour.

That schedule does not have the list of participants. You have to look up the participants and countries in two different places, then come back to purchase…blindly… and hope for the best.

Weird, that schedule in your link does not have the 10 am matches I am looking for listed.

I’m really surprised by the popularity of these games and how excited people are. I thought nobody cared.

1 Like

Ok, now I get it. Yah, seems like there’s a lack of that info.

However, @the_bear says all swimming tickets are day passes. Despite Thursday being only morning and then evening. I’ll be there in the evening.

@IbisWtf any chance we can finally meet if you decide to attend swimming events (over in Guishan/Linkou) on Thursday?

Could need a refresh?

I don’t think so. And when you press the buy it sends you to the same buying page as the direct link taipei2017.

Anyways, my coowrker confirmed it is a one day pass. See you there Thursday, then.

I just double checked and it’s a few heats at 9AM and then heats starting again at 7PM.

I’m still going to take half day off. Explore Linkou a bit and maybe head to the front of the athletes village to take pics.

Too far from any cool restaurant like the Mexican places they were mentioning?

I believe @Yang_Gui_Zi and the Mexican restaurants he mentions are all up in Zhongli?

Most cameras have Wi-Fi to transfer photos to pC/smartphone 9n the fly.

@ranlee Thursday it’s track and fields time!