Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

If our girls can play the rest of the tournament like they played the first set, they may do really well. Struggled a bit after that, still won 3-1

I’ve watched Argentina, Switzerland, Taiwan and Czech something, our girls were clearly the cutest, though the nice ass from the pic above is Swiss

What happened to no asses, just nice butts.

Taipei Universiade 2017 - 台灣排球 - volleyball by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Taipei Universiade 2017 - 台灣排球 - volleyball by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

2 Likes

A thing that I really like about this kind of event is that most athletes are fairly easy to reach through social media. It took me few minutes to find some of the girls from the team and send them the pics to share between them and with their friends. Doing the same with higher-end events is really hard.

Does this or do the athletes have any conflicts with the Southeast Asia games going on in Malaysia now during the same time frame?

Friggin website better buy through iBon. Friggin 45 minutes filling forms, getting verified, paying, getting card verified…nightmare.

What does «Stadium (hot)» mean? Hot area? Just what we need.

Any tips regarding what not to carry/what to carry?

I was watching the news there earlier tonight and it was a bunch of visitors and then locals reflecting about the traffic, with pictures of busses and stuff. Man…

Bring something to put water in. No liquids allowed into the event.

Don’t bring a back pack full of random stuff, you’ll only hold up the line and be stuck in security for longer.

And I know why…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYDSXkdHxt6/?taken-by=mjenneke93

1 Like

Pure coincidence!

Edit;

When a girl from the Taiwanese volleyball team asks you on Facebook if you’ll be taking pics of today’s match against Colombia but you have a full schedule and cannot attend.

images

I really hope all their matches will be in the same Arena, it’s so convenient to get there.

Regarding transportation: I’m quite used to move around Skydragon city and I can speak Chinese, but if some foreigner has to rely on public buses it can be a bit dodgy. The metro system is fairly easy to use (apart from the underground dungeon of death under the train station), but regular buses can be a pita.

Yep. But, you could jump on the HSR and/or MRT. A couple of those are within walking distance from the last MRT station on the airport line.

Eh the athletes have their own buses, shuttling them from pkace to place.

Of course, if they miss that, it is taxi time.

I just found out I left my pass at home, so not only I won’t be able to take pics of tonight’s match, I won’t even be able to attend it and watch the end.
Wtf brain, you had one job.

Does anyone know if Sony is one of the sponsors for the Universiade?

I do not believe so.

Scroll down on the website homepage and there’s a marquee of the sponsors.

https://www.2017.taipei/home

Yilan-ders black magic useage: false alarm

Ehem don’t you know someone inside? they can get you a temporary one day pass. You are accompanying athletes, of course.

Not inside the volleyball Arena 8(
And I’m not going to harass the girls from the Taiwanese team on Facebook before a match begging them to let me in because I’m a tard and left my pass home xP

What about someone who’s in charge of media at the venue(s)? Maybe ask for temp pass? You’d be hard to convince me there’s another bald guy from Yilan taking pics at these events.

The staff from the media room in the Arena only saw me once, so it would be a bit ma fan. Don’t really want to bother too many people just to watch the last 20/30 minutes of a match, I don’t have my cameras with me today so i couldn’t take pics anyway. The lady who’s in charge of the main media center is so busy all the time >_>

They’re being very careful about passes. I have the media pass with unlimited access to all venues, and the only places I cannot access are those reserved for athletes. Yesterday I didn’t know where to go to enter the Arena and I ended up at the back, which is the entrance for athletes, judges etc etc, and my pass was not valid for that entrance.

That’s weird, the vast majority of the photographers from the Universiade’s staff has Sony cameras and lenses, while basically no one from the rest of the media uses them. I thought that maybe Sony supplied them with some gear to promote their new sport-oriented camera.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Universiade staff were all in a clique and they swear by Sony cameras? I’m no photographer, but I assume brand loyalty is no joke in the photography world.

Heading home and coming back sounds like your only option right now.