Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

Lol, if pasta people didn’t show up for the match it would have been same

Hi @Icon Auntie Peng

IMAG0307

The swimming stadium is pretty spectacular despite the outside looking kind of grim.

Where is that?

Seriously? They can’t come up with anything else? Is the editor a disturbed person?

National Taiwan Sports University, in Guishan, Linkou.

Taipei 2017 Universiade - 世大運 - 水球 by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Huge gold medal by Yang Chun-han in the men’s 100 meters. Proud to be stood 10 meters from the finish line for that one.

1 Like

There is a small shop at Huashan Park. Across from where Aleycats used to be -they moved.

Li Zhi-kai’s gold winning performance

https://youtu.be/i1x2OruIR5I

Can anyone explain what exactly do those silly hats do in water polo?

2 Likes

They wear two hats, one to keep the hair in place and one to show their number. The dodgy bit around the ears is to protect them from random blows while still being able to hear their teammates and coach.
They do indeed look silly!

There is already an article on the news over a certain foreign atlhete whose sexual prowess is being touted as extraordinary by a Taiwanese meimei. Seriosly. Like, a printed article, quarter page.
And yes, that is the title. “He can do it twice in a night! had to leave early because he had a competition the next day!”, gushes the girl.

The cherry on top would be if he as a fake athlete.

Gosh, that was awesome. I mean, the performance. But the guy was awesome looking too.

Considering the amount of girls who approached me to chat and take pictures together yesterday at the arena, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a +∞ number of foreigner guys got laid with Taiwanese girls by simply playing along. If I didn’t use my secret weapon, which is:“Yeah I’m a foreigner but I can speak Chinese because I live here, my wife is Taiwanese”, I reckon that AT THE VERY LEAST 3 of the girls that approached me yesterday would have been very happy to hear something like:“How about a beer after the event?”. Of course having the pass and organization jacket helps, but I think any foreigner who hangs around one of the sport venues has a good chance at scoring some booty with 0 effort, as long as he doesn’t look like Quasimodo.

So yeah, there’s a lot of hornyness going around.

I think…Universiade only sells Universiade merchandise. I think it would be a little bias if they sold CT merchandise.

I later found out that the Chinese Taipei t-shirts that everyone is wearing are made by Nike and I think can be bought at locally and online. They were mostly for the basketball and baseball teams.

They don’t look half bad.

First Taiwanese gold medal in international track events ever:

Yang Jun-han’s 100m outting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhNqgfOHtS0

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, misunderstood that you wanted Universiade stuff.

CT stuff haven’t seen in ages, and I live around a pletora of sports stores.

Yep, yahooseems to be it. 711 delivery faster for the weekend.

The day of the opening ceremony, they were still taking online orders for Universiade merchandise. I just wandered into the page to see what’s available and it seems like they aren’t taking online orders anymore!

I should’ve bought something at the opening ceremony.

https://summeruniver.qdm.com.tw/

I had a better look at the schedule for volleyball, the girls play quarterfinals and semifinals within 24h. I wish they stretched the volleyball competition by one day and gave everyone a full day off between in/out matches.
Saturday will be the first day of gymnastics rythmic :heart_eyes:

Dammit. No one approached me at all. Is it the size of my equipment?

It’s his Yilan-der black magic at play. He’s practically cheating.