Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

Yilluminati: C.O.N.F.I.R.M.E.D

When I get approached I usually just have the media jacket and pass, I don’t carry my gear around. One girl approached me while I didn’t even have jacket or pass visible, and looks don’t matter because on the good-looking hierarchy I’m just one step above Quasimodo.

Location matters, though, because most of the people approached me near Taipei Arena, only 1 in Nangang and no one in Taipei National University. Though I have to say that I enter the Uni from the back to avoid the crowd.

Edit: holy cow, some of the girls from Thailand’s volleyball team were real Qties

Double edit: why is the vast majority of volleyball girls more attractive than their water polo counterpart? Science can’t explain this.

1 Like

This guy thinks he’s Jeremy Lin or something

Not to avoid the crowd of meimei! I wouldn’t mind that!
I want to avoid the line to get in, in a couple of places I didn’t have access to a quick entrance and had to enter with the spectators!

What’s that sound? Oh what? Nobody believes you? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

By the way, I left the swimming stadium yesterday and saw some CT members from other sports jump in a taxi.

Spectating team members have to find their own transportation to venues?? Or CT team have to find their own transportation to venues. I thought that teams got their own shuttles/buses to competition venues. They can’t just…take the shuttle?

I also saw that BMW is a main sponsor and some “Premium Shuttle” 3 or maybe 5 series sedans being used. Are these for the Olympians?

Maybe they were not planning to get back to the athlete’s village that night…

IF YOU KNOW etc etc

Yer man Yang Chun-han will be lining up in the 200 final tomorrow night (just won his heat in 21 flat). I’ll be interested to see how full that stadium gets. Taiwanese are notoriously fair weather supporters. It was a real shame the stadium was half empty last night, even so the roof went off. If Yang can pull off the double it would be something to see.

Are you buying tickets upon arrival, bear? I didn’t buy online, but I don’t live too far from the stadium and am thinking about attending this weekend. I hope there’s a shortage of band wagon spectators for the weekend to see Yang, but it is the weekend after-all.

Online sales have finished. 13,000 sold already. I guess you’ll have to get down there at 9 am tomorrow morning if you want a ticket. I’m going to have to pull out my fake media pass. Last night i worked my way into the media section but mainly due to the rain clearing everyone out.

@IbisWtf

Fake vs Real media pass. Who will get in?

I don’t plan to go to the arena anymore, time wasted for me. No access to the field sucks! Volleyball and gymnastics allow me to take pics next to the athletes, not sure why they use different standards.

Shuttle leaves at 6:05. If you get there at 6:07, then taxi it is.

I thought it was a country by country shuttle to each venue. However, after thinking about it, that’s a helluva lot of buses.

I guess there’s a shuttle that goes from athlete’s village to each individual venue.

It’s the chlorine messing up swimmer’s faces. Just look at our best swimmers for proof.

So far I’ve seen that volleyball players (both men and women) are much better looking than those that are swimming in chlorine.

I did notice that the pool at NTSU was not as heavy in chlorine as some of the Taipei sports center pools. I guess there’s other Olympic standards other than size of the pool.

France - Ukraine was really tense, the nearly-Russians won 3-2 playing almost every set from behind. The match finished 10 minutes ago, they’re still laying by the side having some rest.

20170825174324_IMG_1849_1

1 Like

How can you tell how much chlorine is in the pool?!

You don’t drink the water from the pool in between matches?

Our volley girls are amazing, but I’m very worried about Japan

The smell wasnr as strong as the sports center ones.