Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f97kq8gCGGE

this might be the same? maybe not

Is it an insane techno concert with some painful pasta songs every now and then? If it is, then it’s the closing ceremony.

Well i cant find it so far. Not available in usa i guess. maybe they want to license it ?

was it good anyways? Whats the consensus? Good? OK ? Bad?
whats the feel on the street about the whole event, the opening ceremony (got to see most of that strangely) , the closing , etc.

Whats the scoop?

Pretty much everyone liked the opening ceremony and the event as a whole. Mixed feelings about the closing one, it had some highs and lows.

Pretty spot on.

The opening ceremony was an immediate success. Tickets for the sporting events that followed quickly sold out the night of and the morning after. I bet you would have trouble finding someone that actually believed the opening ceremony would be so successful.

Not too many complaints from those attending the events. Only complaints I heard were @IbisWtf cries for bad press area for athletics competitions and the people living near the athletes village.

If the opening ceremony was a perfect 10, the closing ceremony, in my mind, is a 5. The major artists were tough to compete, Wang Leehom/A-lin for the opening ceremony (and that billion dollar LED screen that was also a stage) VS Jia Jia/La La (and the pasta people).

Which channel did you try? The Universiade has 2 FB accounts, one has live broadcast. FISU FB. Also, it is available in president Tsai’s FB. We are also putting one link in our publication, I can send it to you later if you do not mind the Spanish.

Snicker, snicker

Pasta people 2 rule. Eso che!

1 Like

@tommy525 Also MOE Sports Youtube channel broadcasted the feed (and the sporting events beforehand). Just no commentary.

Reports were saying some old lady spent over 100K NTD custom making those wigs and handed them out for free.

Lots of athletes were spotted in the athlete’s village wearing the TW flag as well.

1 Like

So far at the parade I haven’t seen a single Chinese Taipei flag, only Taiwanese flags. I guess with Fisu out of the way the mayor told everyone to get rid 0f them xD
I wonder how they’ll announce the athletes when they arrive.

I don’t think he said “中華/Zhōnghuá” anything in his speech yesterday.

Since we’re on the subject…I had to plug the “你和那些反年改團體/Nǐ hé nàxiē fǎn nián gǎi tuántǐ” response

4 Likes

He’s woke af.

Also, they’ll give Taiwanese flags to everyone and the e ent has the hash tag #teamtaiwan, so I guess Chinese Taipei will be nowhere to be found

I will have to keep searching YouTube
I’m hampered by not being able to search in mando
And I don’t FB

For the millionth fucking time they’re not Taiwan flags. The Taiwan independence party were on Bade Rd last night handing out the real Taiwan flag (the green one) but they were confiscated on sight at the security inspection. The flag you’re talking about is the flag of the ROC.

If the KMT had any balls they could have entered the Olympics from 1980 as Taiwan but they refused. Really gets my goat that people think the use of the name Chinese-Taipei is due to bullying from Beijing. Beijing (at the time) had no issue with Taiwan entering the Olympics as Taiwan. Note that Hong Kong still competes in the Olympics as Hong Kong.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/gEY4AnJEKbk

Nice race
Seems some events are poorly attended

That was the end of the night, after Yang Jun-han had effed up the 200 meters.

Hardly. Some parts were left empty on purpose…because of the friggin sun! Gosh was it hot.

If you watched any of the tennis matches, it’s so clear that people were avoiding the sun like the plague. As the sun moved, so did the crowd!

Speaking of tennis, I think that the stadium over in Neihu on Minquan East Road, was a major fail. It was supposed to seat almost twice the amount of people and have a retractable roof, but due to neighbor’s complaints and some other factors I have to get back to you on, the roof was scratched and the seats were reduced.

They say that if they wanted to install a roof, it wasn’t an impossible feat, but would’ve preferred to have it done initially. Unfortunately, this is also Taiwan.

Now that it’s over I still don’t get the big fuss about this Universiade and all the excitements.

The parade was cute, there were so many people on the path and at the destination, it felt like a private hug for all the Taiwanese athletes. Well at least some of them, not all joined but they were quite a few.

Luckily it has been a cloudy day. With no sign 9f shade, the city hall plaza park would have been a nightmare on a regular sunny day.

post2

heart-attack

1 Like