Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

I don’t understand why they bothered giving a code to each venue, only to avoid using it when needed the most. Regarding the football arena at the Catholic uni: I’ve never been there, but I guess the easiest way is to get the new mrt, right?

I believe the MRT is still the fastest and closest to the school.

1 Like

Cool, so I may get the chance to see Spaghetti team vs Samba team, and then Taiwan vs Guinnessland

Look out for me and my enormous canon. Orange line to Fujen, the soccer stadium is way round the back.

17!!! I wrote 17!!! And that is in direct conflict with the drinking age limit, to say the least.

Got it, every athlete at the universiade, especially the females, will be 18 or older. Thanks for the info, if questioned I’ll make sure to mention you!

Well they are cute but the Dutch team is hotter.

Well well look at that :howyoudoin:

1 Like

Do people need a ticket even for those matches? Or just for the large events?

I think all events are ticketed. I don’t know if you can purchase at the gate. I would expect once stadiums are reported as being completely empty that the mayor might offer free entry to some events.

That sounds like a pita, especially with so many different venues involved. If soneone wants to follow a few events over the course of a day, that’s a lot of shekels. Glad I don’t need tickets, saves me a headache

My coworker likes them best, less furry. I prefer furry but those are quite nice too, very fit.

Fur is so itchy, though. I’m glad my wife and I are on the same page about that.

So… Michelle Jenneke is coming. Who else’s up for the hurdles event?

In case you’ve forgotten who she is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7oX1yCFU0

Holy cow. Which day?
edit: 400m hurdles, women, 1st round = 24th at 6pm in TSD.

Dafuq is TSD? Taipei Stadium Desaparecido ?

2 Likes

I’m thankful that fate didn’t have it as STD.

Someone probably thought about it, like Stadium of Taipei District or some other bollocks, but then they made a typo and it became TSD.

1 Like

Has anybody been to the Hyatt Hotel? It’s a madhouse lots of people. And the security is the tightest have ever seen it. They have the X-ray machines police and even SWAT team member looking types.

Meanwhile the Shangri-La Hotel business as usual

I drove by the village today, it’s pretty nice with lots of people from around the world walking around. They really put a lot of effort into this.

Yep, the athletes are pretty happy about the accomodations.

:heart_eyes:Guess who is pitching the flame?

Taipei, Aug. 17 (CNA) Taiwanese former professional baseball player Chen Chin-feng (陳金鋒), the first Taiwanese to appear in Major League Baseball (MLB) in the United States, will light the flame for the 2017 Taipei Universiade in the Aug. 19 opening ceremony.

Chen will light the flame by symbolically “hitting out” a burning ball that will draw a shining curve in the air as it is guided by wire to light the flame at the Taipei Stadium.

He made his major league debut on Sept. 14, 2002 with the Los Angeles Dodgers and played in the U.S. for seven years.

With Chen as a pioneer for Taiwanese signed to the MLB, many other local players such as Wang Chien-Ming (王建民), Kuo Hong-chih (郭泓志) and Tsao Chin-hui (曹錦輝) have followed in Chen’s footsteps to play major league baseball, ushering in a new era for Taiwanese players.

2 Likes