Taipei Tech Club Meet Up

So, next time is on the 27th, i.e. this Friday, invite below and a link to the tech club facebook page
facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 … ent_invite

It’s that time of year again. The global tech scene glances east for Computex 2011, held on the mountainous island paradise of Taiwan. It is always a great time to meet up with old friends, and make new ones from all over the world.

This year we’re doing something new and would like to invite you to join the Taipei Tech Club for a Computex pub crawl down “The Civic Strip”. There are about a dozen local Taiwanese bars and restaurants located on Civic Boulevard, which will make for a very fun atmosphere. Starting at 9:00pm, we’ll head to 3 pubs on the strip and for those who are interested, we’ll finish the night at Taipei’s superclub: Luxy.

1. 9-10PM, Louise Lounge Bar, specials on bottled beer
    No. 76, Civic Boulevard, Section 4

2. 10-11PM, Indochina Bar, specials on all drinks
    No. 163, Civic Boulevard, Section 4

3. 11-midnight, Glamour Lounge Bar, specials on bottled beer
    No. 124, Civic Boulevard, Section 4

4. 12AM, Luxy
    No. 201, Zhong Xiao East Rd, Section 4

Hopefully this gives you an idea of where we’ll be throughout the night. Please forward this invite to any visitors in the industry (friends, media, guests, etc.); we’re always happy to welcome new people…look forward to catching up with you on Friday!

is there any nearest event here? i like to join if the event in Taipei. thanks

Most likely toward the end of the month or early next month, it’s not planned that far ahead if that makes sense.

We’re planning another one for the 7th, details aren’t quite set yet though, but I’ll update this post when they are

Ok, we’re meeting up on Friday at On Tap from around 18.30 onwards and they’ve extended their happy hour pricing for us until 10pm.

Edit: On Tap’s website can be found here ontaptaipei.com/ for address details etc.

What’s the address of On Tap? TIA

This meetup might be of interest…
meetup.com/Digital-Everythin … /79394612/
Geekettes and Geeks Drinks
Thursday, August 29, 2013.
Revolver Bar
No.1-2, Sec. 1, Roosevelt Rd, Zhongzheng District., Taipei.

This meetup might be of interest…
meetup.com/Digital-Everythin … 140006212/
Micro Hack Afternoon
Saturday, Sep 28, 2013.
Mr Brown Coffee
No. 52, Section 3, Zhōngxiào East Rd, Taipei City 106, Taipei

Here is a repeat of an email that I got:

Taipei Tech Club meetup
7:30pm | Friday, November 1st, 2013

Please join us in celebrating the Taipei Tech Club’s fifth anniversary next Friday at the Belgian Beer Cafe.

The Belgian Beer Cafe is providing us with the following specials:
$499NT Cheeseburger combo deal with a Stella
20% off all draught beers
$120NT for standard liquor drinks.

Thanks to Olivier and Matt for hosting us next week. Take a look at the Belgian Beer Cafe’s Facebook page to check out more photos.
https://www.facebook.com/BelgianBeerCafeTaiwan/photos_stream

The restaurant is located on the 6th floor of the ATT 4 Fun building. Here’s a link to Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/Nt7oN
It’s a short walk from the Taipei City Hall MRT station.

Here’s the address in Chinese if you’re coming by taxi:

台北市松壽路12號

We’re proud to say that our little corner of the Taipei community has been around for five years. Thanks to everyone for their continued support and hope to see you next Friday.

Cheers!
http://taipeitechclub.com/

Good to see that.

I am not familiar with this club…what are they doing basically? organizing stuffs? working on some project?

Their website is quite…minimal.
Any idea?

I may join the gathering. But just want to know a bit more before xD

This is an email I received and re-posting here:

Taipei Tech Club
Happy New Year! Just wanted to let you know we’re hosting a post-CES Taipei Tech Club meetup this Friday evening at 7:00 pm. We’ll be chatting about some of the popular topics to emerge at the the world’s largest tech show held earlier this month:

Wearable technology
Ultra HD (4K) screen resolutions
Home automation and more.

This meetup will be at TKK the Bar, a newly-opened restaurant/bar on “tea street” (just behind the building that houses Luxy and Starbucks at Zhong Xiao Dun Hua).

7:00pm, Friday, January 17th, 2014
TKK the Bar
台北市大安區忠孝東路四段181巷7弄21號
(It’s about a 2-minute walk from the Zhong Xiao Dun Hua MRT station.)

A friend sent me this… I might drop by there this Friday :slight_smile:

Any word on the next one? Is there a FB group or email signup for this? Definitely interested in participating!

https://www.facebook.com/TaipeiTechClub

Taipei Tech Club and Uber uber.com/cities/taipei

WHEN
Friday, August 22nd, 7:00 pm

WHERE
@ Woolloomooloo facebook.com/woolloomoolooTaipei
No 379, Xin Yi Road, Section 4
信義路4段379號
google.com.tw/maps/place/Wo … 8c9e07609e

Summer Happy Hour
Friday, June 26th
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

Now that Computex is over and the summer heat is upon us, we’re pleased to let you know that we’re hosting another Happy Hour this Friday. Thanks to Jason at On Tap for giving us a $199 Burger Special and an extended Happy Hour until 9pm.

On Tap
忠孝東路四段216巷11弄21號
No. 21, Alley 11, Lane 26, Zhong Xiao East Rd, Sec 4
On Tap on Google Maps

Come out to join us for a cold drink and we’re looking forward to catching up with you on Friday.

Thanks!

Sounds like a fun idea. When is the next one? :slight_smile:

@moderators :laughing: This is an ancient event post - it probably shouldn’t be pinned.

1 Like