Taiwan, a violent place?

I am from Taiwan. And I wonder why you have this thought. If the thought is based on the post or any news from Taiwan’s social media , I , as a Taiwanese , hope you can live for several months to years and experience what it exactly is when it comes to life in Taiwan. Road ragers , quene jumpers , finger pointers and any bad-mannered people can be anywhere in the world , not just Taiwan. All in all , in my opinion , Taiwan is a safer place to live in than some countries in Asia. I don’t know what country you choose to compare to Taiwan. However , Taiwan is a relatively safe country in Asia.:blush:

Human evil is everywhere, but the forms it takes are molded by local culture.

In Taiwan, certain crimes are unthinkable, merely because those things simply aren’t done. No rationale but the brainwashing of culture. These taboos are oddly specific: Don’t mug foreigners. Don’t steal shoes. Don’t eat on the subway.

Whatever is not taboo is done, regardless of other considerations - such as logic or human decency or the (equally arbitrary) mores that may exist elsewhere on the planet.